CHAPTER 22

“Well! Well! Well! Look who we have here.” The voice sounded familiar. I had worked at Lee holdings for three weeks and Julie had become a good friend. We were out on a coffee date gossiping until we were interrupted by the familiar voice.
I looked up at who it was. Things couldn’t get better. It was Vickie and mike. Vickie looked down at me with a sneer on her face. I smiled. I was now someone different and they wouldn’t hurt me anymore. Her sneer didn’t bother me at all. Mike’s face was expressionless. He wrapped a hand on Vickie’s waist and sneered too. I didn’t know that men could sneer until then. Julie noticed their sneers and looked at me with amazement.
“Are you going to sit there and watch them sneer at you Jackie?”
“ yeah Julie. They will just leave once they are tired of sneering. They don’t have any effect on me whether they stay or leave. They don’t exist in my life. Let’s continue with our discussion, where were we?”
Julie gasped at my words. She had always told me that I amazed her and she didn’t believe I would just ignore them and let it go just like that. She was a drama queen and didn’t mind causing dramas when someone wronged her. I liked that about her but I wanted to play it cool with Mike and Julie. I could see her itching to give them a piece of her mind but she held it back when I looked at her warningly.
“Our crying baby is a grown up now darling. She isn’t crying anymore. Seems like she has become more mature.” I couldn’t miss the sarcasm in Vickie’s voice.
Julie was shifting uncomfortably on her sit.
“ I won’t sit here and do nothing Jackie. I won’t let her talk to you that way. You have got to fight for yourself dear.”
She stood up and I knew all hell would break loose. She wanted to slap Vickie but I stood up and held her hand. I didn’t want any drama. I looked around. Few people had noticed the drama that was unfolding but they watched and continued with what they were doing. Julie glared at her and she glared back.
“And who are these people darling? They have the audacity to come to our table and start a fight! You shouldn’t have stopped me. I would have taught this slut a lesson.”
She continued glaring at Vickie and Vickie just sneered. That’s what she did best.
“ No need for fights dear. They are just insignificant people in my life. This here is the slut that wretched my marriage and this is my son's sperm donor.”
We both laughed and Mike’s sneer changed to anger.
“And where is my son you bitch? Where did you leave him as you go around flaunting your ass everywhere you slut!”
“You call her that again and I will wring and break your neck!”
I sighed with relief as Roy wrapped his arm on my waist. He had come to my rescue as always. I had shivered at Mike's words but I relaxed. They wouldn’t hurt me with Roy around. He was my knight in a shinning armor. I looked at Julie and we smiled at each other. She knew that Roy and I were dating and she had become a good friend to us both. We watched as both men glared at each other.
“What did you say?” mike asked folding his hand into a fist.
“I don’t repeat things to people but I will do it so that we can be clear here. I said, call her a slut again and I will wring and break your neck! I hope I’m now clear.” Roy said without flinching.
Mike tried throwing a fist at  him but he held is hand and looked at him calmly. Mike clenched his teeth and stepped back to look at his challenger.
“ I don’t want to go that road with you. Not now. What I won’t let you do is hurt Jackie. She has me now and I will protect her with all my being. You don’t want to try messing up with me.” He said calmly and kissed my forehead. Julie looked at us admiringly.
“ And what will you do about that you pig?” I liked how angry Mike was. It served him right for what he did to me.
“It will be good for you if you just keep off Jackie. Try hurting her, not only physically but emotionally too and you will have me to deal with. Just mark my word and keep off her. You and your slutty wife better leave her alone. She left you two to have your space. What do you want from her? And by the way. Braden is now in your past. He has me and I will do anything for him.” I liked how calm he was while Mike was getting all worked up.
“We don’t take simple threats!” Vickie said coming to her husband’s rescue. Mike nodded in agreement.
“Yes, we don’t. I am not scared of you.”
“ you better be! You have your jobs to worry about. Starting with you slut. Just be careful who you are messing with.” He said chuckling. It was a threat but it was said so calmly.
“You can’t do anything! You are not my boss!” Vickie said sneering at him.
“We will see about that. Just watch out. Let’s go baby. Let’s go Julie.”
He signaled the waitress to bring the bill.
“Your change sir!”
“Just keep it.”
He took my hand and led me outside leaving mike and Vickie surprised. Once outside, he turned to Julie and she looked down. She still had some fear for him although we were friends.
“The driver will take you home Julie. Sorry about all that. We will see you at work on Monday. He signaled to the driver. “Take her home Sam. Make sure that she is safe. I'm now here and I will take Jackie home.”
“Right away sir!” I hugged Julie and they left.
Roy took my face in his hands and kissed me lightly.
“Are you okay baby? I hope they didn’t hurt you.” He asked rubbing his nose on mine.
“No! They didn’t. Julie stood up for me. Thanks for coming to my rescue.”
“I'm doing what I promised you baby. I won’t let them hurt you again. Let’s go home.”
We got into the car and left. He cursed all the way to the house. He was so worked up. He was  to thank for everything.