CHAPTER 17

Someone appeared at my office door. I looked up to see who it was and smiled. It was Roy. I smiled at him and he leaned on the door not diverting his eyes from mine. I looked at the time and smiled. It was noon. He had come earlier than expected.
“Come in sir!” I said sarcastically.
“To hell with the sir thing. I think baby is better. Don’t you think so?” He said coming towards me.  He kissed me lightly on the lips and sat directly opposite me. He was so handsome. No wonder I fell in love with him that easily.
“To what do I owe this visit? Missing me already?” I asked giving him a seductive look.
“Mmmh! We have a date remember!”
“It's only noon Roy. You will have to wait for two. Am still working on something. I need to catch up with all this work.”
“That can wait until tomorrow and if I remember clearly, we said during lunchtime. We didn’t say at two. Noon is lunchtime for me. Shut down the computer and let’s go. We are running late and I can’t wait to spend time with you.”
“You are so bossy! Aren’t you? Give me few minutes.”
“ let me help you do something on your computer.”
I watched him as he shut the computer down and he just grinned. I was astounded. I didn’t expect him to do that.
“Can we now go baby?” he asked offering his hands to me. His killer smile made me forget what he had done and I took my porch and we left. Once we were outside the office, he let go of my hand and I nodded in agreement. We were at work and it wouldn’t be a good picture being seen like that by the employees. We reached the reception and the two ladies who were chatting and laughing got busy on noticing us. It was clear they were scared of Roy. It’s either that or they respected him. But I chose to settle for the former.
We drove in silence, his hand on mine. All through we were just throwing smiles and stealing glances at each other. He was trying hard to concentrate on the road. I looked at him. He was an epitome of male beauty. That was the man I had gotten used to and I now loved him with my everything. I knew we were rushing things but I didn’t care anymore. I wouldn’t watch him love someone else because I pushed him away. I remembered the taste of his lips on mine and smiled.
“Am trying hard to concentrate on the road baby. Your smile will make me cause an accident.”
I chuckled and looked at the distant. He parked the car outside an exclusive restaurant and we walked hand in hand into the restaurant. He led me to table with a reserved tag on it. It was decorated with roses and it created ambiance. He pulled my chair and sat directly opposite me. I gave him an amazed look and he chuckled.
“Don’t give me that look. I know what you want to ask. I had Julie reserve the table for us.”
“ You are just unbelievable. I don’t know what to expect of you next time. Anyway, I like the place. It’s a nice one.”
“You will just get used to me baby. And yes, it’s a nice place. you need to try their food. It’s the best.”
The waitresses moved up and down to make sure that we were comfortable. They brought our order and we ate in silence but stealing few glances at each other.
“ thanks for saying yes to me baby. I know I’m not perfect but I will try my best to make you and Braden happy. You are now part of my life and am grateful to God that I found you. I vow that I will always protect you and anyone who tries to hurt you will have to get through me first. I love you darling.” His eyes were filled with sincerity.
“ And I promise the same too. I have not known you for long but I have grown so fond of you. I know I can trust you with my life and I have a feeling I won’t regret making this decision. I love you too.”
He came to my side and held me tightly. He kissed me deeply oblivious of the stares that we were getting. The people in the restaurant applauded and he let me go and smiled. He went to his seat and grinned like a teenager.
“Sorry about that. I forgot we were not alone. That kiss was amazing. I want it to seal our love for the moment being.”
“ you are a good kisser Roy.”
“ For you, I have to be. Let’s get out of here. I have better plans for us.”
We walked out of the restaurant hand in hand and I couldn’t help but smile. I was happy again.
Jane and Braden were nowhere to be seen when we reached home.
“Do you have an idea where Jane and Braden might be?” I asked with an alarmed look on my face.
“Relax baby. They are somewhere safe. I told Jane to take Braden to enjoy himself somewhere. They will be back after sometime.” He was so composed.
“How come I didn’t know about this?” I was irritated.
“Because you wouldn’t approve of it and Braden needed to have fun with bouncing castles and all those games. They are with the driver and they will be back safely.”
I sighed with relief. He held me by the waist and kissed me passionately. I trembled and he chuckled. The kiss was doing miracles to my groin. I was already wet and all I wanted was his touch. He nibbled at my ear and I shivered. He noticed the effect he had on me and he smiled. He wrapped his arm on my waist and led me upstairs to his room. I knew what he was up to but I didn’t mind at all. His room was enormous and I watched it with fascination.
He didn’t give me time to marvel at all that. He pinned me to the wall and was so close that I held my breathe. The effect he had on me was unexplainable.