burping wars (Quil's POV)

Alicante? Is she kidding me?

"Angela, are you sure that, thats the only way i can undo my mark?" I questioned. The doctor nodded, her short black hair slipping from behind her ear.

"Is there something wrong babe?" The musical voice of my mate asked. I looked down at the perfect face of my mate. I wanted her so badly, but i couldnt risk doing anything until we got her back to normal. It'd feel wierd to have this Mellory as my mate, all the more reason why i needed to find a solution to the matter.

"Nothings wrong. Why dont you try and get some sleep?" I suggested. I knew she didnt have a choice. With the bond now between us and the fact that i was her Alpha, she'd have to listen to me. It was not to my surprise that she soon drifted off, her head on my chest. Eventhough she was gorgeous and i loved her with all that was in me already,this wasnt her. The mate i fell in love with was fiesty and stubborn, proving to be a challenge to me. Definately a keeper. This girl however, was a compliant, agreeing to all that i requested. Lying her down, i stood up and turned to Angela.

"Stay here and watch her incase she wakes up. I need to talk to Timber about our travel plans." As if on cue, my stomach rumbled.

"Just after i have something to eat."

"Yes sir." Angela replied. I smiled and exited the unguarded room. With the doctors in there and Mellory's bond to me, i felt a bit rude to waste Marcus and Lucas' skills on trivial reasons. As i walked down the hall, i marvelled at the amazing view of the palace. Two years of being Alpha had done nothing to diminish the awe i had for this grand place.

"Maria, may i have some food? Im famished." I asked the head chef as i entered the kitchen. Maria nodded her Hispanic head and wipped her hands drying them on a white dish towel.

"Ofcourse,hijo," She smiled. Maria had become like a mom to me, ever since my mum died from a rouge attack and my dad died from grief shortly after. She had been with me from my first shift three years ago, when i was eighteen to becoming Alpha shortly after.

"Are chicken enchiladas okay? The meat rare ofcourse." She asked and i nodded in approval. She knew just how i liked my favourite food.

"De acuerdo, wait a minute and I'll have it ready for you. Then we sit and chat. My hijo has been ignoring me."

" Sorry Maria," I smiled sheepishly, " I've been having some trouble with my mate. That reminds me, i have to talk to Timber about our travel plans."

"What travel plans?"

"Can i tell you once i get Timber? I'll explain to both of you."

"Ofcourse, i will have some food ready for you both."

"Thanks, youre the best."

She chuckled and mimed shooing me. I laughed and head out of the kitchen, off to find Timber, my beta. I talked to him through mind link and he replied that he was in his bedroom...with his mate. Okay, too much info there.

"Get here when you can. Its urgent." I told him, before shutting off my mind link.

Two minutes later, Timber showed up in basket ball shorts, tugging down a t-shirt over his tousled hair.

"So are you going to have a pup running around here in five months?"

I smirked. Us werewolves carried our kids for only five months, unlike humans who carry them for nine or dogs who carry for two months.

"Oh shut-up." He growled, punching my arm lightly. Despite his efforts, i could see a faint blush on his cheeks.

"So what did you want?" Though everyone else used formal tones with me as i was the Alpha, Timber and Maria got away with it. Maria, as she was like a mother to me and Timber, because me and him were like brothers from another father. We'd been bestfriends ever since our puppy days. Even his mate Silvian, had started using a more casual tone with me.

"Lets eat first then i will explain to you and Maria. No use being a parrot." Timber laughed but nodded in agreement.

"Youre amazing Maria!" Timber exclaimed as he devoired the food faster that you could say 'bobs your uncle.' I followed suite after him, leaning back a minute later, pleasantly full.

"Okay hablas." Maria ordered right after i swallowed my last bite. I let out a small burp, to which Maria looked disappringly at, and Timber laughed, letting out a bigger one. Before we could engage in a full on burping competition, Maria swatted my arm,making me rub it in mock hurt and proceed to tell them the story.