Remeniscining(Quills POV

Have you ever loved somebody so much it makes you cry? Have you ever needed something so bad you can't sleep at night? Have you ever tried to find the words but they don't come out right? You'd do anything to make them understand how much you care for them and you'd give anything to make them feel the same. When you find the one you've been dreaming of all of your life; the one you'd  give your heart to, only to find that she won't give her heart to you. You close your eyes and hope that one day she will look at you like you're her world. And maybe everything might make sense one again.

Only, I'd never get to see that day. She would never get to feel that way. Who was to blame? Me! Me and my fucked up curse. She never wanted this life. I should've just let her run the first time she tried to escape. At least then she would die in her own way. She wouldn't have to experience disappointment and watch her hopes and dreams of becoming a mother wither like a flower. To have so much taken away from you was torture. Of course I would know; I'd lost my closest family, all at once at such a young age. She was just having everything ripped away from her. I'd kidnapped her from her family. She was nearly made into vampire stew by a black witch.Then she had been marked and violated by a shapeshifter! As if that wasn't enough, the bastard had possessed her, wanting to take her away. Just when things start going remotely well, she becomes ememies with her flesh and blood. Not to mention she has a psychotic Vampire Prince who doesnt seem to take no for an answer hunting her down.All the while she was counting her last days, only to find out that she cant save herself and she cant save me. Which then put more pressure on her because the whole pack will loose their leader and she would blame herself because she couldn't conceive an heir.

The amount of guilt I felt for blaming her and scaring her was beyond words. I kept chastising myself for walking out on her when she needed me the most. I put my needs and my anger first without seeing the damage that they would cause. I didn't even have the right to be upset about her  flinching. I was absolutely livid back then and my wolf wasn't helping. I was surprised that I managed to keep him under control for so long. I didn't blame her for being scared. I couldnt. She was only just starting to get used to me and the fact that we were natural enemies didn't help either. She obviously would be scared for her life because werewolves had the tendency to kill instantly if provoked because their wolves were fueled by anger. Me being an Alpha made the situation more dangerous because if I'd lost control of my wolf, she'd be dead and I'd never be able to live with myself after that.

Two and a half hours later I was still tossing and turning on my office couch. Being used to sleeping with Mell made it impossible for me to sleep alone. My wolf was so quiet that it became unnerving. I'd never felt him so dejected. He hated that we had been the cause to our mate hurting. He hated that he could feel her pain but he couldn't comfort her. As much as I would've loved to go back to her, I was afraid she either would've already left or she wouldn't want me near her. As much as I hated it, I was going to give her some space tonight and talk to her tomorrow. If we were going to die, I wanted us to die together and happily.

Giving up on sleeping, I went out for a run around the territory. Ever since I became an Alpha, I hardly found time to just unwind and take my wolf for a relaxing run. I knew it was unhealthy and my wolf constantly nagged me to let him out but I was often too busy with pack work that I just didn't have time. I knew the territory so well that I could run with my eyes closed. The wind blowing through my midnight black fur made me feel like I was flying. My paws pounded on the bark covered ground of the forest making crunching sounds that whipped through my ears like a wave washing over me. The smell of soil and lake water hinted that I was reaching the peaceful part of the territory that had easily been Mell's favourite get away spot. I remember taking her there for our first official date only a couple of days ago. She had been captivated by the sight of the calm and clear waters that provided tranquility. I believe that night was the first time I realised that I loved her.

For hours i sat by the lake and just staring at the water. It was serene, calming and inviting. The trees cast their reflection on the water on the west side of the lake making a dark silhouette against the blue. When the wind blew the suns reflection makes the ripples glimmer. A fish broke the surface of the water and churned it slightly interupting my daydream, I looked up and saw the top of the sun, a semi circle of a giant disk being lowered behind a forested hill. It was time. Time to make things right. Getting back on all fours, i  stole one more glance at the mirror before fleeing. My first destination was the pack doctors office. As i ran back through the forest i opened my mind to the pack as a form of communication to make it easier to acknowledge them as i pass. At the edge of the forest, i shifted back into my human form and pulled on a pair of basket ball shorts that were kept in the forest for times like these. From where i was, the doctors office was only a five minute walk. I waved at pack members politelly but i didnt stop for a chat. The pack hospital was a three story office like building. Through the front glass double doors, you were greeted by a white and sky blue interior. To my left was the mini phamarcy and the reception. Directly in front of me is the corridor that leads to all the wards. To my right is where the doctors office was located and where i headed to. To my luck, Brian, thats the doctor was sitted by his desk.

"Alpha, good morning." Regarding me with his glass rimmed eyes and a beaming smile, he offered a hand. Politely, i shook it, taking a sit in front of him.

"How may i help you Alpha?" I didnt take time to study him, i just got straight to the point.

"Why wasnt i told about my mate being infertile?" The shock was visible on his face, and i gave him some time to compose himself.

"Im sorry, i dont follow Alpha."

"She told me that she was unable to conceive and in my opinion that means she is infertile."

"Ah, well you see there is the problem. Luna came for a check up and i told her that there were no signs of her pregnancy. There is a complication with her but my words were that she has a 40% chance of not being infertile. Virtually all that it means is that her chances are low but it is still possible." To say i was relieved was an understatent. I felt like id just breathed my first breath of fresh air.

"So there is a chance of her getting pregnant?" I couldnt hide my excitement even if i tried.

"Yes, there is a chance."

"Okay, so what can..." My speech was cut short when the door burst open. I turned in my seat to see who the intruder was but  stopped mid action. The moment my eyes locked with hers, i felt my world reshattering. Her once vibrant violet eyes were sunken into their sockets. She had these purple circles around her eyes as if she couldnt sleep. But thats not what scared me. What scared me was her skin. She looked flushed. But she was a vampire, they never got flushed. Her white hair was sticking to her forhead as if she had  been sweating.  She broke our contact for a minute to address Brian and i swear my heart literally stops momentarily due to her words.

"I think im dying."

Athours note: hey my lovely people! I hope this meets your standards. Im really trying to update it every day so bare with me! Vote and comment beautiful people :*