An Unplanned Celebration

Start from the beginning

“No way…” Kol muttered to herself as she saw the waiting girls. “This is too funny.”

The only reason there would be waiting girls outside a hotel would be if a famous band would be at the hotel. In this case, a boy band was probably staying here, and it would most likely be One Direction.

She stepped off the cab and put the hood of her jacket up. She wasn’t dating Niall anymore, but they would probably recognize her if they were the hardcore fans. She was kind of seeing someone else right now, but he was definitely not One Direction-related. He was from the UK though, so that was probably the only likeness to them. Niall probably knew him, since he was a fan of sports and this guy she was dating was an athlete.

The girls all tittered at the new arrival and Kol kept her head down even more as she rushed inside the building. She didn’t want to spark any unnecessary rumors if she got photographed. It would have been too coincidental that she was staying in the exact same hotel as One Direction during her birthday of all days. Tabloids would think that there would be a possible rekindling of her relationship with Niall, when she really was just truthfully there by coincidence.

Plus, she wanted to get away from that One Direction image that seemed to always tag along wherever she went. She was trying to shed that and make a proper name for herself right now.

It was total relief when she got to her room. She changed her clothes that were more appropriate for the weather, and then set out back down to ask if she could pass out back through the kitchen or something, since she definitely wouldn’t be going back out through the front and get recognized.

The concierge was very accommodating. He was fluent in English, so she didn’t have a problem communicating.

“You are a special guest of ours, Miss Vicencio,” he said. “We want to accommodate you the best we can. You can use the service entrance at your discretion.”

“Thank you sir. Is it easy to get a cab from the back entrance?”

“I will see to it that there will be one waiting for you at that end.” He smiled pleasantly and picked up the phone to make some calls.

Kol let out a sigh of relief and turned around. She saw a few people exit the elevator and one of them she saw was Paul.

Paul was talking with a few other people from the security team as he passed through. The lobby concealed any prying eyes from outside.

That didn’t stop him from looking around and landing his eyes on Kol, who waved as she stopped from her walk toward the kitchen. Paul broke away from the others and headed toward her.

Kol wasn’t particularly relishing that moment, since she really didn’t feel like a reunion with any of them at the moment. The last time she saw Harry, she had said that she might dabble in dating him if she was still single. Since she wasn’t exactly single right now, she didn’t want to get into that conversation with Harry again.

“Fancy seeing you here, Kol!” Paul said, giving her a hug. She stiffly responded. “Isn’t it your birthday though? The boys have just mentioned it earlier. Happy birthday, love!”