Taking on the Game

“Kol.”

“What?”

“Kol.”

“What?”

“Kol.”

“What?” She finally looked up at Harry, who had been bugging her for the past few minutes. He had knocked on her door after dinner because he said Louis was making some calls back home, and Harry didn’t feel like re-watching Click for the umpteenth time with the boys.

He had basically invaded her room, as he flicked through the channels on her television and ate the chocolates that were in her fridge. He had padded over to her room in just a bathrobe, and he quickly removed it once he was inside her room. Kol guessed she was lucky that he was wearing boxers underneath, since she heard from the boys about Harry’s nasty habit of walking around naked, which, thankfully, she hadn’t witnessed yet.

Harry had buried himself under her sheets and he kept trying to get her attention, but she had been too busy looking through her laptop that had been bombarded with emails and e-vites to different events.

“I’m the only one who hasn’t had a date with you yet,” he said slowly, crawling through the bed to see what she was working on over her shoulder.

“No. Liam and Louis haven’t gone out with me either,” she said, looking back at the screen.

“You know what I mean.”

“What, you want one now as well?” she glanced up at home as he put a pillow under him and put his chin on top. He hugged the pillow and looked at her.

“It wouldn’t hurt.”

Kol found Harry’s peculiar way of talking interesting. He always talked so slowly, and Niall made fun of it a lot. The thing with Harry was that he didn’t seem to be rattled at all when he talked most of the time, since the tone of his voice was basically just the same, except for the occasional weird sounds he made when he suddenly laughed.

He blinked at her a few times as he waited for her answer. She didn’t know what to say to it, so she didn’t say anything. He seemed to lose interest in what he was watching, so he continued talking to her. “Is it true that Niall kissed you already?”

“I don’t get it. One of your best friends kissed some girl, and you want to ask out the same girl, who had also gone out with one of your other best friends,” Kol said. Everything seemed worse when it was said out loud. It sounded really bad not just for them, but even she thought that she sounded like a flirt, even if all she really did was talk. With Niall, she had only kissed him that one time. “You also know about it, so shouldn’t you be backing off or something?”

“Well, we all decided that even though we didn’t like sharing, we would play fairly and let you date who you want. Just pretend that you’re dating different people normally and think that I wasn’t friends with Niall or Zayn.” Harry didn’t tell her that it upset him that she had dates with his friends, but he wouldn’t exclude himself out of the game.