Like a Tourist

A/N- An early gift to you lovelies! I may have posted that bonus chapter, but this was the real one that was supposed to go after. Haha! 

~

“Thanks, love,” Niall said dully as he put his sunglasses over his eyes. He kissed her lightly and got out of the car. He leant down and added, “I’ll call you if I don’t end up going home tonight. The lads might want a night out.”

“Go ahead. Have fun,” Kol said, waving her hand. She had just dropped Niall off at the hotel where a few of his friends were staying. He had given her the directions and Kol had a pretty good memory to know where this was if she had to pick him up. If not, then she had Google maps on her phone. “Here’s your coffee and aspirin.”

She handed the two that were put into a paper bag and he took them gratefully. “You’re a jewel. I don’t know how I got on without you.”

“Now you’re just being cheeky,” she said, liking that word more and more. “Go on. I’ll see you later…or tomorrow, depending on you.”

Niall winked and closed the door behind him.

She drove off and headed back toward the flat, since she didn’t know if she could drive around when her license was only valid for the USA.

Kol had actually forgotten about her plans with Harry the night before, since she had been too busy thinking about Niall’s headache when he would finally wake up. She had gotten up at 11AM and prepared some coffee for Niall, which she had poured in a thermos. She also knew that he probably wouldn’t have the appetite when he woke up, so she only fed herself some of the leftovers from dinner last night.

When Niall woke up, Kol already had a plastic bag where he could throw up, and he did that right after complaining about the sun and his sore head.

She had rubbed his back until he stopped retching, and she wiped off his cold sweat. He was a mess, and he just let her take care of him the whole morning, from his bath down to his wardrobe choice.

It was quite a new experience for her to see him in this way.

Kol was just getting ready to go out for a stroll, and maybe a little shopping, when someone knocked at the door.

She wasn’t expecting anyone, and it took her quite a few seconds to register Harry standing at her doorstep, looking equally prepared for the cold, English weather outside.

“What are you doing here?” she asked, as she put on one of Niall’s black beanies, since she hadn’t prepared for winter headgear.

“Adventure with Harry, remember?” he smiled a little reluctantly as he put his hands inside his coat and opened his arms a little with his hands still inside.

“Oh, damn, yeah. I forgot. A lot on my mind this morning,” she said, taking her coat and closing the door behind her. “What are you planning to do then?”