Taken by Surprise

A/N-I can't believe five chapters ago I was thanking you guys for the 20k read count. Now I'm thanking you for doubling that number. Now, to serious business...

~

“Can’t tell them apart.”

Liam looked at the two girls with a concentrated expression on his face and he crossed his arms. He shook his head and flung his arms out.

“I’m sorry. This is too frustrating.”

“You baby,” Kol laughed, as Harry’s arm draped her shoulders as they sat on the sofa. Kol had dressed the twins identically and styled their hair the same. There really was nothing to tell them apart and she had made a game out of it with the boys when she first brought them in.

The twins had been good sports about it though, and were talking in that same freakish way that Kol found weird. They even made an effort to make their voices the same.

The boys were having interviews in one of the hotel suites, and that was the only time that they could afford to meet the twins who Kol had insisted they should meet.

They seemed to all get along, but the boys acted the more reserved way they did when there were fans around. They were nice, but they seemed a lot more tired today. That didn’t mean they still didn’t go crazy though. The twins certainly got more than they bargained for.

Of course the boys had been enthusiastic. Twins brought up more fantasies for boys, after all, and these two were pretty young heiresses.

She could see Harry getting his flirt on, although he seemed to try to be restrained, with Kol there, and he knew he would get a lot of teasing for it. In effect, he stuck to her while the twins were in the room.

One of them sat down on Kol’s side.

“Thank you so much for having us,” she said to Kol.

Harry leant over Kol and said, “Which one of the two are you again?”

Kol knew that it was Alli. Kol was very good in tiny details, and she had noticed that there was a small mole at the side of Axel’s left neck.

“Alli,” the girls said as she looked at Harry in excitement. Kol knew Alli was more taken to Louis, but Harry was probably the next best thing for Alli.

They had about half an hour before the twins had to leave, since they had some piano lessons. They had a car waiting for them, so Kol didn’t have to make sure they got home safely.

Before leaving though, Alli whispered something cheeky to Kol. “Harry likes you. I can tell.”

Whether this was meant to be a joke or not, Kol couldn’t ask, since the sneaky little chit bounded away waving. They were too mischievous. It was madness, having the boys, Kol, and the twins all in one room.

“That was really nice of you, you know,” Niall said, slinging an arm around her and pressing his lips at the top of her head.

They had managed to get back to the old routine before they dated, but they would sometimes forget about their limits. Kol wasn’t really one who was uncomfortable with tiny sweet things like kisses on the head. She got that from her guy friends from back home, so it hadn’t been something restricted to just a boy she was dating.

“They didn’t scream at my face,” Kol smiled. “Of course they needed to meet you.”

Niall was called over for an interview then so he had to leave her. They were doing separate ones, since there were too many in the room. They routinely rotated who was going to have to be interviewed alone, when the need required it. Today, it was Harry’s turn.