Chapter 11

Change my mind

I pulled the hem of my off-shoulder dress as I got to get ready the daily family dinner in Sundays.

Damn, I'm lazy here. Why does it in our habit to have family dinner, huh?

I went to the big dining room. My second degree cousins is here, too. Just the two of them.

Praia Vonne L. Mercenaz and Noah Paquit L. Mercenaz. And yes, they are siblings.

As usual, Praia is the jolly one while Noah is a cold shit. "Hello, Alisa"she greeted. She smiled widely.

She's just a seventeen year old girl and she lost..... Someone that she didn't even know.

I twitched my lips. Well, no one knew about it. Just uh... Secret. And yeah, secret.

I also greeted back at her. Somehow. "Let's sit, where's Noah?"I asked her. She smiled again.

I wonder if she only knew her life. I don't know why she was sent for a month in the adoption house at the other side.... I mean into the other small island where the adoption houses and politics placed.

"Well, I don't know where he is but he said he'll come back later"she said. I smiled also. "Then let's sit, Rai"I called her with her nickname that only close people can.

She hopped and went to the table. I smiled and greeted when I saw Dad at the table and Noah coming towards the table.

"Hello cuz"I greeted. He grinned. "Long time no see"he said. I smiled widely. "Well... You're getting manlier"I teased.

He rolled his eyes as usual. He doesn't like arguments. He sat down on the corner while Praia and I sit beside each other.

The candle were enlightening the food and this elegant family. Haha leul.

We started eating and Dad is starting a conversation with Noah about business.

"I heard Praia is going to the USA at the Arcadejas, right?"Dad asked Noah and he nodded.

"Maybe Dad needs her"Noah said while looking at her sister who is smiling widely.

I wonder is she knew something. Her father is working for the Arcadejaz for harvesting company.

They are partners in their harvesting company, though. But my Auntie managed the pier of our company in the US and Philippines, maybe?

"Rai rai, are you fine with it?"Dad asked her. Praia nodded happily. "As long Papa is there"she grinned.

Eyyyy, family, huh? "Well, how are you two for months in abroad?"Dad asked them.

Noah smiled. Note the sarcasm, fakely, possibly. "We're fine, Uncle but Praia hasn't been with me for months because she was sent.... At the adoption house"he stated.

I don't get him here. Why was Praia sent to the adoption house for..... Three to four months?

Maybe because of it. Well, whatever.

"How about my cousin, Uncle? The thought of her's that 'none of my business?"Noah grinned again. Urgh.

Well, I'm a mess here shit. I suddenly remember of Jandrick. Tsk, oh man.

"Well, she's changed, maybe?"Dad smiled while looking at me. I took a glass of water as an excuse to ignore them.

Damn their topic!

Noah Paquit(pakit)the great smirked. "Well, I could help somehow"I said while swallowing hard.

Damn it, why is this topic here!? Noah made a face. "Oh? So my cousin who had no interest in business suddenly is interested"I don't know if he mocked me or he said that to himself.

"Haven't you noticed, Uncle"Noah mocked....like he knew something. Damn it, am I that easy to read?

"Of course I noticed but not really"Dad smiled. What the hell? Should I make excuses?

"Excuse me"I stood up and went to the comfort room. Just in time, my phone beeped.

Jandrick:

Hey, I heard you are in your family's dinner?

How did he know? Is something spying me?

Me:

Yep

Jandrick:

You've been busy about the business, huh?

What business? Is it about our shipping lines?

Me:

About the company? Yes, Dad want me to manage his new ships for a while until Casey is back

Well, my brother is visiting or traveling around the world to check our piers. 

I ignored the last beep of my phone to go to the table again. "Oh, Alisa"Dad said when he saw me. Ignorance, like he just saw me right now.

"Noah asked dear, if you've had...changed your mind?"Dad grinned fakely. I raised an eyebrow.

"About..?"

"Fixed marriage?"

I almost want to throw up. Is this where the topic heading for? Damn it.

"Uhh...."I couldn't say something. Did I changed my mind? Well, mentally, no but emotionally, I want to end this fake things.

Fake love, fake attention and... Fake treats!

I know Jandrick shouldn't care for me like hell but I know he was just pressured because of thr fixed marriage.

"If Jandrick will change his mind, I will"I smiled. Fakely. I will change this soon....

Soon? Well... Take time.