Chapter 10

Enough

I kinda pity after hearing Euphiemia's statements about what she heard from Lynch Arcadejas.

Well, what can we do? Jandrick's mother was a beautiful woman and of course, people in this world will.... You know court her.

And I'm back to my bitchy self again. After some months that I didn't had that much long conversation with Jandrick.

And now, Euphiemia was fainted. I sighed at what I saw earlier. How much Jandrick worried for her a while ago at the OR.

I bit my lip hard. I want to let go of this misery that I wasn't even sure about.

I asked Jandrick to go with me at Euphiemia's room. "You order food at the patient's room instead of canteen, huh?"he irritatedly said.

I raised an eyebrow. "Why? You don't want?"I asked. He sighed heavily. "Fine, we're here"he said as he opened the door.

We caught Jahrid reading some newspaper. I saw Jandrick is flaring with his angered eyes. I rolled my eyes. Whatever!

And yes, I was worried for my friend instead I shouldn't trouble these two brothers.

I drank a soda after a talk with Jandrick. Arguing that I said it everytime she faints. Tss.

"I'll go now"he said. I raised an eyebrow and immediately blocked his way at the door. "Where do you think you're going?"I mocked.

"Your heart, I guess"

Fuck! Damn this man, really like efff! He ran to the window like he usually do to escape from Euphiemia's order before.

I let him go. My cheeks heatened remembering what he said. I ran to the window too.

I gestured some knife and slashed it to my neck. "You'll gonna die later and this thing is new..."tsk.."eat and run to the hell"I smirked.

He took a sigh and ran towards the entrance. Main entrance. "Aren't you being a little too harsh on my little brother?"he asked. Urgh!

Right, his brother doesn't still know about the fixed marriage because he wasn't there.

"A little, huh? I don't think so"I smirked again and he raised an eyebrow. He looked at Euphiemia who is moving a bit.

"Oh?"I murmured. I sighed. "Her friend really affects her and her Mom"I murmured again but enough for Jahrid to hear it.

I saw at the corner of my eye that he was looking at me with his soft eyes while I said that.

"Well, take care of her"I did it as a farewell. He twitched his lips. "I'm her doctor in charge anyway"he said.

I nodded while getting his point. I waved bye and left him there. I flinched when my phone rang.

"Shit"I murmured when I saw the caller. Jandrick Haniego-an asshole. Well, that was in my contact names or list.

Tsk. I answered it. "Hm?"I hummed while I was too lazy. "Operation, deary dear come here and assist me"he said at the other line.

I stepped my foot hard, frustratingly. And yes, I'm lazy today and I don't know why. Maybe I'm the next one who will faint after Euphiemia then.

I ended the call and went to the ER.

***********

I tied my hair in a ponytail as we finished the operation and also cleaned it up. I put some sanitizer before going to my office again.

I bought an orange juice and went to the rooftop. And immediately, the new year scene fired back in me.

I was devastated at myself, on that time. I didn't know if we're that obvious or not. But it seems Euphiemia knew something.

That I didn't know.

(A/N: Manhid!)

I sighed. I sipped again when I sat on the bench. It's afternoon, I don't know why I'm numb today that I can't feel the heat of the sun.

"Are you planning to burn your skin or what?"I screamed when I felt someone behind me. The fuck?

I groaned as soon as I turned around and saw Jandrick's face. He looked very affected at the sunlight that his eyes is almost gone while he was covering it.

I raised an eyebrow. "You shouldn't be here, then if you won't need the sun"I mocked him and relaxed myself.

He groaned. I widen my eyes as he took off his robe and covered his whole body with it.

"Well, you are here"he said as he went to me.... Near to me. His walk is just like my beating heart. When he steps the ground it will thunder like in the sky.

I bit my lip as he also covered me with it. I raised an eyebrow. "You don't need to shield me, Jandrick"I said lazily.

"Really?"

"I'm not gay as you"

"Well, I won't get it away"he rolled his eyes. Maybe I tool a wrong word calling him a gay.

"Maybe the long you hold it, the more you get tired"I suggested and said it slowly. But something is in that meaning.

I don't know if I'm right in some relationships or 'flinging'. The more you hold on, the more you get tired.

Then why am I not tired of loving Jandrick, then, huh!? Well, it's not like I'm holding a relationship with him but my hope! I hate it!

"As long it's for you, then?"

His innocent eyes bore into me. I hate that I used to hope when there is always no sure of hope. I supposes to hate it.

But I'm clinging to much on my hope that I almost forgot that this is business. I almost! I was also thankful about that marriage.

If that didn't happen, this wouldn't happen but it broke me. I hate it. I want it to end. 

And enough is enough which I'm not sure when will it be enough.

Nangyare sakin? Bitter here, bitter there, bitter everywhere. Ohh, Is it Alisa who is bitter in my imagination or is it just me? Well, anyare?