Chapter 9

Larey

I got a forced day off also today,to check my Dad's shipping lines. I don't know why he picked me instead of Casey.

"Shall we go now, Maam?"Riley my driver said. I nodded. "Sure, Riley"I said while smiling.

I checked my phone.

Me:

Dad, we're already going there

I sighed as after some minutes he didn't reply. Maybe he's still busy. It was three weeks ago, when I last visited Jandrick's house.

I don't like going there, too because his brother has already returned a month ago.

But damn, that fucking firework scene! Euphiemia really surprised me. I can't believe, I felt hurt and being fluttered at the same time.

Yes, I'm hurt. That Jandrick will just think of me as a business partner. Of all, people why is it him?

And I heard his mother was dead years ago. I didn't heard that. I thought her Mother was just out of the country or in another man because his father had another wife....should I say mistress?

Her mother was still alive when I last saw her when I was fifteen. Well, things could get fast.

I leaped when my phone beeped.

Jandrick:

How's the visiting going? I heard you asked my Father

My heart beated for some reason. Uhh...his concern? Damn it, Alisa! Of course, he's going to be part of it soon.

Me:

We're still in the middle in the road

Well, I won't know if he'll consider that. I didn't tell him that I'll take a forced day off today.

Jandrick:

I was sicked worried where you are

I faked a cough. I also swallowed hard. My cheeks heated. Urgh, damn his texts. By the way, how did he get my number.

Me:

How did you got my number? I didn't remember you asking for it

I looked outside. I didn't remember him asking for it and I didn't even remember I gave it!

Jandrick:

My skills

Huh? What skills? Damn, I don't why I felt confused and nervous for whatever skill is that.

Jandrick:

You know me

I thought about everything. The way he escapes through windows....no that's not a way to get my number and.... I don't know. There is so many to—

Is he stalking me!?

Me:

Are you stalking in my social medias?

God damn it! Maybe that is it! Sometimes, if he want to find out the Patient's identity. Urgh!

Jandrick:

;)

The fuck!? Damn it, I'm right! I looked outside and... We're arrived.

Me:

I have arrived now, text 'ya later :)

The engine stopped. I turned off my phone. I pulled the hems of my floral dress. As the driver went out, I also too.

I saw Dad from afar talking to a business man. Probably from the SMC inc. And shipping lines.

Uh....what is the meaning again? Sergio Monteron Colipano Ⅲ incorporated and shipping lines.

Oh great! Now I memorized the name of their company when I shouldn't care about business.

I went near to Dad. The wind of the sea blew my hair and dress. I can see some ships of the Larey's and SMC in one pier together.

I don't know how many ships will he buy but if that is, I'm sure the Monteron's and Colipano's wealth can't be half of that.

Their shipping lines have many branches in the world while ours is just at least five to ten. 

Dad looked at me. I kissed his cheek. "Hello"I greeted. "This is my daughter, Alisacres Larey"he introduced me to a man who is in his late 30's. 

"Oh? I remember her. She's one of the classmates of my nephew, Leonardo Anister"he said.

What!? He's connected to these filthy rich Monteron's? Oh gosh? But I wonder why he looked poor to study hard when they had riches like this?

I asked his... Uncle? Maybe? "Oh, that's what my grandfather taught us. It's better to start from scratch but he used his way as a bodyguard to an Arcadejas girl and he planned to be a civil engineer"his Uncle said.

Woah! I'm so proud of my friend. "When he will be then?"I asked. His Uncle thought a bit. "I think he's on his third year in civil engineering? I guess? He got to our firm and also his Father's too. MCSteel"he explained.

Wait!? Lester is too young, well at least 22 yeas old to achieve these all. Oh my gosh, he really is beyond something. And he's a third year civil engineer that means he had four years left to become more successful.

They continued their conversation as I drank a coffee from their cafeteria. I checked my phone again.

And Jandrick's name popped in my lockscreen and saw a one unread message.

Jandrick:

Okay, take care

I didn't reply. Damn, his concerns really got me. I sipped my coffee as I excused myself to the outside.

It's night already and Dad hasn't still finished his work here. I wonder where is Casey. Is he in the main building?

I saw the moon on the sky. It glitters the dark sea with a line. I wanna stare at it for a while. Since.... Jandrick wasn't here.

I always felt afraid of his presence and tremble at his touch. He made my heart flutter because of that feeling.

And I'm afraid to keep it more like that until I wasn't sure of his true motive of this. Why did he agree to this fixed marriage?

I'm sure it's not just to help me because when he said that almost six years ago....or no?

Yeah, he didn't told me why did he agree. He just told me that I'll agree to at least please my parents for it.

Damn, my mind is clouded.