chapter seventy four

"Your home" I smile when I come down the stairs and see Lip, Ian, and Fiona standing around. "Hey beautiful" He smiles. We kicked Frank out of the house and we had been staying with the Gallaghers a lot. My parents and Maddie had made a few comments about Cora keeping them up at night. They didnt mean it in a mean way but the Gallaghers had Harriet keeping them awake so they didnt mind Cora being there too. "Wheres baby girl?" He asks and I motion upstairs. "sleeping thankfully. She barely napped at all today" I tell him and wrap my arms around him.

The next morning Carl, Cora, and I are sitting at the table when Luther, Dominique's dad comes in. "Luther, Whats up?" Carl smiles at him. "ma'am I need you and your baby to move" Luther says and I get Cora out of the way. "Whats up is you gave my daughter gonorrhea you likke fuck" Luther says and then moves the table out of the way. Carl bolts upstairs with Luther on his tail. "I thought Carl was only sleeping with Dom" I tell Debbie and she shrugs. "Me too" She says with Harriet on her hip. "We going stroller stealing again today?" I ask her and she nods. "I'm down" I say and take Cora upstairs so we can get ready.

Later me and Debbie are out baby shopping when she asks for a sweater in a different size. When the lady walks away to go get it Debbie starts stuffing stuff in the sling she has Harry in. "Debbie" I say and she looks at me. "No everyone finds out they have a rich dad who gives them a credit card" She says and I sigh. "And look they have these super cute outfits in both Harry and Coras sizes" She smiles and puts them both in her sling. My phone starts ringing and its Fiona. "Hey whats up?" I ask when I answer. "Liam punched a little boy in the balls and called him a gringo. Will you go pick him up please?" She asks me. "Yeah. I'm on my way" I tell her and then hang up. "I gotta go pick up Liam" I tell Debbie and then Cora and I leave. I get her hooked up in her carseat and we go to get Liam. "Hey sweet cheeks. What happened?" I ask him when Cora and Ishow up inside. "He punched that little boy in his private area and called him a gringo and refuses to apologize. I'm sorry but he is no longer welcome here" The daycare worker tells me. "Wait,please reconsider. He needs this and he's only acting out because his father who is in and out of his life decided to pop in and teach him his drunk ways" I tell her and she just gives me a sorry look and ushers us to the door. I sigh and get Cora buckled back up in the car. "You messed up sweetcheeks. Frank had no right to teach you to act this way" I tell him and he gives me a sad look. I take him home and get him situated with a snack and some tv. "So if I dont go to headstart anymore where do I go?" He asks me while i'm fedding Cora. "I guess you'll just hang out with me and Cora until school starts" I tell him and he smiles. A little while later Ian walks in. "Hey Ian" I smile at him and he sighs and goes upstairs. "I think his meds are out of balance" Fiona tell me when she walks past. "I came in to check on Liam and then I gotta go back to work" she says and I nod. "He isnt allowed back. I'll keep him instead of coming back to work just until he goes to kindergarten" I tell her. "Thank you" She says and then leaves to go back to work.

It isnt long before Lip walks in. "Hello my girls" He says kissing my cheek and then taking Cora from me. "Hi miss Cora Laine" He coos at her and she smiles up at him. "Your home early" I tell him and stand up. He follows me into the kitchen and I make us a snack. "They had me changing this guys piss bag. He was wearing this weird catheter thing that its like a condom and he was peeing into a bag and they were making me change the bag. And get them beers. And food" He says and I rub his arm. "Sounds like you were being a mommy" I tell him and he laughs. We go back into the livingroom and Lip is talking to Ian while he feeds Cora. "How do you say sorry to a girl that you gave a disease that might kill her?" Carl asks coming in the front door. "Oh you have gonorrhea too?" I ask him and he shakes his head. "Nah I tested negative" He tells me and I make a face at Lip. "but Dom tested positive?" Ian asks and Carl nods. "Uhhhh... Look buddy, if you dont have it then theres no way that you gave it to her" Lip tells him. "I couldnt?" Carl says almost with a smile on his face. "No but that means that she got it from... somewhere else" Ian explains. "Like the toilet seat at school?" Carl suggests and I shake my head. "No... no... more like..." I start. "Another guys dick" Lip finishes for me. We get interrupted by Fiona coming in yelling at Debbie. "What happened?" Lip asks passing me Cora so I can burp her. "She was shop lifting. Can you believe that? fucking prada diapers" Fiona says. "My money was on stripping" Ian pipes in and I laugh a little. "I was going to sell them so I could get the money to pay my night nurse. I just wanted to get some sleep so I could be a good mom" Debbie whines. "Good moms stick around. Going to jail would drasically affect you ability to do that" Fiona tell her and grabs her car keys and walks out again. "You really think I could make some money stripping?" Debbie asks us. "Dont get any ideas" I say to her. "Where are you going now?" Lip asks Fiona. "I have a job. And so do you, arent you supposed to be washing dishes tonight?" She asks him and he throws his head back. "Yeah. I'm coming" He sighs and kisses both me and Cora before following her out.

The next morning Fiona calls a family meeting. We sit around the table. "it used to be that we had a squirrel fund and we would all put in what we could but I carried the bulk of it because I was the only adult. Times have changed and most of us are adults now, or pretending to be so I came up with this" Fiona says passing out papers. "Whats this?" Lip asks. "Thats your share. It's what you have to pay each month if you wanna stay here" She explains. "Stay here?" Ian asks. "If you want us all to stay a family. Otherwise I'llrent our your rooms, sell the house, and we can all fend for ourselves" She says. "Why is mine higher than Carls?" Debbie asks. "Carl doesnt need diapers, rash cream, or baby food" Fiona tells her. "Why is Emmas the lowest?" Carl asks. "Because Liam got kicked out of daycare so shes gonna be watching him" Fiona explains. "We can move back to my parents" I tell Lip and he nods. "We might have too" He sighs. "Also, I want to be at the bottom of all of your emergency contact lists. Put Lip first, than Ian, and the Kev and V, and then you can put me cause I have a plan for myself and I cant do anything when I'm getting a call every five minutes" She says and then she turns to Lip. "I'm just as likely to make something of myself as anyone else in this family and its time you got that you arrogant shit" She says to him.