chapter forty nine

"Hey your up early" Lip says when Fiona comes downstairs and I'm sitting at the table with Liam while he eats. "I'm off house arrest as of today and I'm getting this thing off" She says and grabs a screw driver and starts going at her anklet. "Is that a good idea?" I ask her. "Probation office doesnt open until tomorrow and as long as I return this thing with no damage I'm good" She smiles. Veronica comes in and starts talking about how Kev wants a fathers day breakfast as she raids our fridge. "Oh I gotta get to work" Lip says looking at the time. "Bye. I'll bring you lunch. Have a good day handsome" I smile and stand up to kiss him. He pulls me close and kisses me passionately. "I love you" He smiles before walking out. He was very excited about his new job, I was happy for him but he was now working eight whole hours a day and I'll only get to see him on his lunch break.

When Debbie and Carl get up they take Liam so I can go see my dad. It's the first fathers day I've ever had knowing I had a dad. I get in my car and head to my house. I was part time living with the Gallaghers and part time living with my family. When I get there they were just sitting down for breakfast. "Hey kiddo. Come sit with us" Dad says when he sees me. "Happy fathers day dad" I say and kiss his cheek before sitting down and mom slides a plate in front of me. "Thank you: I smile and looks at Maddie who has a busted lip. "What happened to you?" I ask her with a strange look on my face. "Oh you didnt hear? She got into a fight at the public pool" Mom says. "About what?" I ask and Maddie looks at dad and shakes her head no. I look at dad and he sighs. "Tell her Maddie. It was about her" He says and I make a face. "About me?" I ask. "This girl was talking about how Carl is the hottest boy in our grade and another girl said his brother Lip is even hotter and then another girl piped in and said too bad hes dating an ugly whore so I went over and said that you were my sister and you werent an ugly whore and then they called you southside trash and so I punched them one by one and one of them got a hit in on me and then Carl came up and told them that if they ever touched me again it would get real ugly" she tells me. "Good thing Carl was there. He will always look after you" I tell her and she smiles.

At lunch I took Lip his food. "Babe you HAVE to stay hydrated. It's so hot and your doing eight hours of lifting heavy ass rocks" I tell him and hand him his Gatorade. "I promise I will" he says and drinks half the gatorade at once. "I'm gonna have to invest in bigger gatorades" I laugh and he smirks and takes a bite of his sandwich.

When I get home I see Kev scooping a dead rat out of the pool. "Nobodys home. Debbies at my house" He tells me and I head over to his house. I scream when I see Debbie. "What happened to your beautiful hair?" I ask her as its cut just below her shoulders. "I chop it off" the hooker from Mickeys house says. "I love the hair cut actually. I really like your hair short its just different" I tell her. "Want a haircut?" she asks me with scissors in her hands. "Why not" I say and get her to cut it just below my shoulders. "Awe its so cute!" Debbie tells me. "Thanks Debs" I smile.

When Lip gets home he looks at me strangely. "what do you think?" I ask him and he nods. "Super cute" He smiles. "Your filthy. Should we go and take a shower?" I ask him standing up and grabbing his hands. "yes please" He says and I lead him upstairs. I undress myself and then step in the shower with Lip right behind me. "Hard day?" I ask grabbing the soap and starting to rub his body. He nods and sighs. He holds up his hands and their all tore up. "The pay better be worth it" I tell him and kiss him deeply.