chapter seventeen

"Lip!" I go looking for him. I see him and Karen in the van and hes unbuttoning his shirt. I shake my head and im about to walk away but I notice her reject him. I smile slightly and go find Ian and Mandy. Once Lip comes out of the van we all go to the store and buy a shirt so we have a bag and we steal some other stuff we want. After we leave Lip skips out and so Mandy and I have a girls day. We paint each others nails and we try to figure some new hairstyles for school in two weeks. "What do you think about Karen?" I ask as she straightens my hair. "Shes a dumb bitch" Mandy says and I laugh. "Thank you, I agree" I smile. "He'll wise up" she assures me.

A little while later I head back to the house and go to our room and find the boys sitting around. Ian is working on his home school crap and I'm not sure what Lip is doing. "Whats that?" I ask sitting next him. "Background check on Jodie" He says. "What the hell lip. Your too obsessed with this. She's getting married. Her and Sheila are looking at wedding dresses today" I tell him. "How do you know that?" He asks me. "Sheila invited me" I say. "Will you go so you can get some dirt on Jodie for me?" Lip begs. "Are you fucking kidding me? Spend a day with Karen and tell her how pretty she is? I'd ump infront of a bullet for you Phillip, but thats just too far" I tell him. "Come help me hook up the Kinect Linda let us borrow for Debbie's party" I tell them. While were trying to figure it out we hear V tell Fiona they have to work tomorrow or their fired. "Work your shift Fi, we got the party" Lip says walking into the kitchen. I grab all of us a beer and pass them out. "Really you guys will stay the whole night?" Fiona asks. "Hell yeah. This is gonna be the best party ever. Mandys coming" Ian says. "This is gonna be awesome!" Debbie says excitedly and hugs the three of us. Lip and Ian pick her up and start playing with her.

The next day I'm sitting in our bedroom with Ian while he does his homework. "So your kind of a twelve year old girl, and your a seventeen year old girl. What movie should we watch at Debbie's party tonight?" Lip comes in with a stack of movies. "Nightmare on elm street" Ian answers immediately and Lip looks at me. "I'll be hiding between you and the couch the whole time. I dont do scary movies so I dont have an opinion" I tell him and he laughs. Carl comes in and starts telling us about Karens day and about how she got ready with the blinds open and then stopped for cigarettes, and then went to work. "Really Lip?" I ask smacking him as he hands Carl some money. "let her go man" Ian says and Lip gets up and unbuttons his shirt and takes it off. "What do you want from her? You wanna marry her or somethin?" Ian asks. "I'm just looking out for her. Shes my bestfriend" Lip tells him and I stand up and get in Lip's face. "No I'm your bestfriend. Shes just your fuck buddy" I tell him. He gently pushes me out of the way and Ian starts talking to him. "She has the word whore tattooed on her arm, she put my dick in her mouth because you asked her too" Ian tells Lip as hes trying to light a cigarette but his lighter wont work. "You need to shut the fuck up" Lip yells at Ian. "So what? You get her to dump the guy, stick around. When Carl gets his first woody she can suck him too" Ian says and Lip grabs him and shoves him out of the way. "Lip just let her go" I say and he gets close to me. "You keep saying that so you can have me for yourself. Your jealous" He spits and then gets up and walks away. Ian looks at me and a tear slides down my face.

We get all of the snacks and stuff set out and Debbie's party guest start to arrive. I successfully avoid talking to Lip for awhile and when the movies on I go to change into my pajamas and walk in on Lip and Mandy fucking against the wall. "Wow" I say and Mandy looks upset, but I can still hear them going at it. Before I know it there slipping out of the back door, probably to go fuck some more. Once bedtime rolled around I still had to climb in bed with Lip, no matter how uset with him I was. "Emma" He says when he comes in. "Emma im sorry for what I said earlier. I was being an ass" He says rolling me over. "Yeah I know. What you said really hurt Lip" I say and roll back over. "Please forgive me" He says. "Go finish in Mandy Milkovich again" I sigh. I lay awake but I hear soft snores coming from Lip. I hear the door open and someone climb onto Lip's lap. Surely Mandy's not here for round two already. "Emma I want to have sex with you too but I want it to be special. Your not like the other hookups. Your not a hookup, your a longterm lets settle down girl" Lip says and then turns on the lamp to see that its not me, and its a girl from Debbie's sleepover. "Wow Lip. Tell me how you really feel" I say and watch as he pushes the girl off. "Good lord no! Get the hell off of me!" He yells and the girl stomps away. "If you really mean the shit you say, then why cant you prove it? Your complicated Lip. You say these things to make me think your into me but then you go pining over Karen again, leaving me to feel like shit" I say. "I know and I'm sorry. I do have feelings for you. I want to be with you. I dont know why I do the stupid shit I do" He sighs and lays back. I cuddle into his side and lay my head on his chest.

When Fiona gets home the rest of Debbie's guests leave and Fiona yells at Lip and then when I come down she asks me questions. "Were you and lip not sharing a bed?" She asks. "Yeah we were! Holly had to climb over me to get to Lip and she did it anyway" I tell her. Lip finally finds a way to make it up to Debbie and we all go back to bed.

The next morning after breakfast I pull on my bikini and Lip pulls on his swim trunks and we get ready to go swimming. As I'm about to walk out of the bedroom door Lip pulls me back and into his arms. He grabs my face and kisses me slowly. "Are you kissing me because of your feeling or the fact that your turned on because I'm in a bikini?" I ask with a smile on my face. "All of the above" He smiles and I kiss him again. We get in the pool and play chicken fight with Kev and V. "Wait this isnt fair Kev is so tall" I laugh. "Lifes not fair babe" Lip says and Veronica and I start pushing each other. I last about forty five seconds before she pushes me into the water. I come up laughing and Lip wraps his arms around me. "What the hell?" He laughs and I kiss him again quickly.

Lip and I get out to dry off and smoke a cigarette when we see Karen coming our way. "Just my luck" I sigh. "You okay?" Lip asks her and her foot connects with his balls. "Why the hell was Mandy Milkovich at my house trying to screw my boyfriend?" She asks as she continues ti kick him in the stomach. Fiona and I try to break it up and I crouch down to Lip and put hit head in my lap. Karen escapes from Ian and kicks Lip some more. "Stay away the fuck away from me, stay the fuck away from Jodie, and stay the fuck away from this baby" she yells and everything stops. Just when I thought lip was gonna be all mine, he knocked Karen up. I stand up and his head hits the ground and he looks up at me.