chapter twenty five

When Lip leaves me he goes back to the hospital I think. I offer to go with him but he says no. I head home and walk in with everyone cleaning. "I think we both needs hugs" Fiona says and I nod. We walk into each others arms and hug for a good minute or two. I look over and see pools of blood on the floor. "She did it here?" I ask and Jimmy nods. "God Fi. I'm sorry" I say and hug her again. "Are we relieved tha the baby isnt Lips?" she asks. " I am. I just feel bad because Lip wanted to be a dad even though he wasnt really gonna be in the babies lip because of Karen" I tell her and she nods. We all go our separate ways and I climb in bed with Ian instead of by myself. He pulls me to him tightly, but just in a friend way, you know?  We hear Debbie sobbing and so we walk to Fionas room where shes holding Debbie in one arm and Carl in the other. Ian wraps an arm around my shoulder and we all listen to the sound of Debbie sobbing. 

The next morning Fiona makes us eggs and turkey with mashed potato pancakes. "Theres actually really good with some ketchup on top" I tell Jimmy when he looks at her confused. I throw on my coat when I'm done with breakfast and go for a walk with Fiona. "I think Lip is staying at the Milkovich house" She tells me when we leave. "Like... with Mandy?" I ask her and she nods. We get to the house and Mandy lets us in, but she looks at me with a pitiful look. We had gotten pretty close until I found her fucking Lip when she knew that I was really into him. Mandy walks back to the stove and shes wearing a shirt and panties. Lip comes out of hiding and smiles at me slightly. "I passed my GED" Fiona tells him. "Thats great" He responds. "A deals a deal Lip. You gotta go back to school" she says crossing her arms. "Thats spilt milk. Not happening" He tells her. "We want you to come home Lip. We all do. Please?" I beg but he just looks at the ground. "Well alright then. Come on Em" Fiona says grabbing my arm and we turn to leave. When we walk out Mandy follows us to the door and slams it behind us. Fiona and I walk home. "My dads buying us all dinner tonight. You in?" Jimmy asks me and I shake my head. "Cant" I say and go upstairs and lay down in my bed.  When they get home from dinner  Icome downstairs and Fiona makes me a plate of a little bit of everyones leftovers and then her and Jimmy go in the livingroom while I eat.  When I go back upstairs Ian is sitting up in bed. "remember the night before thanksgiving when I didnt come home?" He asks me and I nod. "I was with Jimmys dad. He fucks anything that walks and I didnt know it was him until he sat down at dinner tonight. "Woah Ian" I say sitting next to him. "I was just trying to get my mind off Mickey" He sighs and I put my hand on his back. " I know" I sigh. "Lip is staying at Mandy's and when we went over there today Mandy opened the door in her underwear" I tell him. "That doesnt mean anything. Mandy never wears pants" Ian told me and I laugh and go to smoke outside. 

At school the next day I was walking down the hall when I see Lip. He smiles when he see's me. I run over and he kisses me passionately. "I came to take my AP physics exam" He smiles at me. "your coming back to school?" I ask excitedly. "Yeah I ... I think so" He smiles. "And youll come home?" I ask. "Yeah Em. I'll come home" He tells me and I kiss him again. After school Lip disappears but I'm standing in the kitchen helping Fiona with dinner when the back door opens and Lip walks in. They all rush over and hug him when they see that he has his stuff to stay. Once theyre all done he walks over to me and kisses me gently. "Welcome home" I tell him.