14| hotel room, holy bible

Song title from:
Everything you've come to expect

March 11th, 2012
02:36 a.m.

Alex's POV

Everything was going to shat. Matt had found about Talaska and I, even though there really was nothing to find out- we didn't end up doing what I wanted to do with her, sadly. But Talaska's silence to Matts question had given him the conclusion that we were.

Matt had never acted this way, never in the 20 something years that I've known him have I ever heard him call a girl a slut, a bitch or wanker yeah, a slut- never. He was never one to slut shame. Up to this point, I was always convinced Matt was an unofficial prophet.

That thought proved me wrong as I stare at Talaska silently cry in her bed. She had a blank expression on her face and she hadn't met my eyes ever since she walked back to the room and put her pajamas back on.

I didn't know what to do except sit beside her and hold her comfortingly, which she expressed wasn't very consoling by scooching away.

"What'd you want me to do? D'you want a cup of water?"

Her body turns to me, dried and wet tears aligned on her cheeks, her nose and eyes have become red and puffy. Cheeks have lost their rose-y tint, replaced with a red as if all her blood was circulating to her face, as if she's gotten bitch-slapped on both sides.

An awful look for such a beautiful girl. She stares at me for a while, her plump lips tremble ever so slightly as her nose flared.

"I don't have any tissues. The front desk probably has them."

"I'll get them. Wait, okay? Five minutes tops. Maybe even a couple of seconds."

I cry out as I jog out of her hotel room, this time not forgetting to put on whatever shirt that I could find first. I quickly make my way to the elevator and press the L button, bringing me down to the lobby.

Jogging to the front desk, I sigh in relief when I find a tissue box in the lounge area so I didn't have to talk to anyone, I grab it along with a set of vogue magazines and tabloid- Talaska's quite fond of daft gossip.

I jog back to the elevator and hurriedly press the up button, and for the first time see the reflection of myself on the steel elevator doors.

I had grabbed one of Talaskas 'motivational' black tee's- the words; 'womens nipples are shaped the same as a mans.' in white and a large picture of an unknown sex' nipple under it.

Huh.
The shirt was right.

The elevator doors open and I jump in, pushing the 5th floor button fast, not fast enough as a young man jumped in just before the doors close shut behind him. He muttered an apology for slightly bumping into me and leaned on the oak railings, staring at me intensely for a couple of seconds before recognizing who I was.

I counted down the seconds the bloody elevator doors opened. The young man had started talking about my music and about feminism, picking it off from Talaskas tee. I nodded to everything he said and replied with short answers.

As soon as the doors opened I muttered a 'good to meet you, mate. Have a good one.' and zoomed out.

I make my way to Talaskas room, only to find it locked and a pink sticky note attached to the door, reading;

"Had tissues all along. Need to be alone for now. Tell Matt I'm sorry next time you see him. Keep the shirt."

She's tricked me.
I knock on the door lightly before it becomes more of a banging than knocking.