11| i don't want to be on the dance floor

Song title from:
I bet that you look good on the dance floor

March 10th, 2012
20.14 p.m.

"YOU WHAT?"

Today was the day I was supposed to go back to LA, but someone had cancelled my flight without my acknowledgement and permission. The person had admittedly opened my phone without my knowing, and cancelled every flight I had ordered, which sums up a total of 3 flights. John advised me to order 3 just in case the 2 other flights were delayed for hours end, stating that it would be embarrassing for an actress to be lounging in the airport alone. I couldn't really disagree, not because it was a valid point, but because disagreeing with John would be suicidal.

"I'm sorry, love! But you've only been here for a week, and I reckon that you probably need a break from all that acting bussi-"

"Miles! Don't even pretend like this is for my sake! I could be at an audition for the next big movie for my career in the next 12 hours! But I won't cause of you!"

"Talaska, I really am sorry! I just, I really wanted more time with you, darl. I swear, on my favorite blouse, I wasn't tryna jeopardize your career!"

He puts up both his hands inthe air, as if surrendering.

A wave of guilt overcomes me, Miles never had bad intentions, well as far as I've known, he was just a dimwit that rarely thought things through. I sigh and cross my arms, leaning backwards on the white colored kitchen cabinets.

"Oh, I think you were, Miles. You're probably jealous I played Juliet, I recall you saying that on set one day."

I say as I give him a cheeky smile.
He laughs at my words and steps closer to me before wrapping his arms around my frame, my arms still crossed between our chests.

"I always was a fool for dramas. And that nude scene could've rocket launched my career."

I laugh and finally return his hug, placing my hands on his back like him. He pulls away, in my dismay, he smells good, and grabs both my shoulders, shaking it lightly and dipping his head low to get it on my level.

"Don't be cross, yeah? Just stay for one more week, and then you can decide whether or not you ever want to see me again. I promise."

"Oh, for fucks sake. Fine. But the next few days better be a blast. If not, I swear next time you better be the one visiting me."

"Yeah yeah. How about we go out tonight? To a club or somethin'? Yeah? It's been a while."

"A club? Don't you think we've made too many stupid decisions already?"

Referring to his spontaneous act on cancelling all my flights and might I add, unpacking all my clothes from my luggages, and literally throwing them out of the luggages and onto the floor.

"Ah, just one night! Come on, for old times sake! There's this club not far from here where all the 'it' celebrities and singers go to-"

Miles chases my tail as I walk to the fridge and open it, hiding Miles behind the fridge door.

"How will you get in then? I mean, I'm safe and everything but-"

He closes the fridge and almost breaks my pickle along with my fingers in half.

"Shut up! I know the guy that owns the place so I decide whether you can get in or not. And I am most definitely one of the 'it' celebs!"