59| you're all i have these days

Damn how are you guys still reading this fanfic?!! Omggg its nearing the end thoughhh yayyy!🥳🥳 i promise i wont write about Al & Tal after this books second ending🙄 HAHAHA🤞🏼

--------------------------
Song title from:
Joining the dots

"Hey, how was the brunch?"
Talaska asked as Miles entered the home,
hanging his mantel away.

"Have a sudden interest in brunching do ya?
Just get on with the story."

Pastry delicacies clearly hadn't an effect
on his vexation towards them.

He took the seat opposing them, taking a
moment to scan them both.

"You shagged."

Before they could refute his slander
Miles hushed them down.

"Been friends with the lot of you for years, I know that guilty look on your faces. I can smell it on you. Sense it even. Nasty the two of you are. Go on."

He waved a hand at them.

At that moment, their lips danced together in hasty tempo dictated by a craving so greedy and insatiable that when their teeth had collided; the pain was barely a nuisance at all. Propped atop the counter with him nudged between her legs, Talaska couldn't patently dissociate which rapid heartbeat belonged to which.

"Tell me to stop."
Alex whispered, though his hands continued to explore her lower back.

"I can't."
Talaska said after a while, forgetting to articulate a concrete answer after he had reconnected their lips. A moment without it too displeasing.

"Can't? Or don't want to?"

The touch of his cold calloused fingers under her shirt, sweeping across her bare skin and tracing the contours of her spine- was heavily affecting her ability to rationalize anything.

"Both."

She answered truthfully. Which was more valid was what she hadn't known; of course she could tell him to stop, but a large part of her couldn't. And she truly did want to stop, but again, a large part of her didn't.

The same irrational and untenable reasoning applied to Alex that moment as well. Though, not much was really going on up in his mind with all the making out happening. It wasn't really the tenderness of her lips against his that took away his ability to think straight, it was her hands. They'd always been dexterous in times like this; stroking his skin and running them in his hair, digging a nail once or twice when the time seemed appropriate to.

He quite simply loved the way she touched him.

Five minutes or an hour could have passed, and they wouldn't have noticed then. But once things began to be too heated to be conducted in a kitchen, they pulled away, breathless and red.

"Shit."
She mumbled.

Responded with another brief and gentle kiss on her lips by Alex, with the hopes that it would eradicate any possibilities of more foul language coming out of it. But unsurprisingly, the action only gave her yet another reason for it.

"Shit."

Chuckling, he tangled his fingers in her hair and brought it up high, giving view to her elongated neck.