It's your call

The next morning reba answered the incoming FaceTime session with a sleepy head. Skeeter smiled lovingly when he saw his girlfriend just woke up.
"Did I wake you up my love?"
Reba shucked. "No I was already awake. I was just dreaming about you/us when you called."
"Oh really? What did you dream about?"
"Since I had quite a hard time falling asleep yesterday I dreamed about waking up in your arms and that thought made my immediately happy!"
"Aww aren't you sweet."
Reba smiled. "Did you sleep well honey?"
"I did eventually but I also had a hard time falling a sleep without you next to me. Which is kinda crazy since we just slept in the same bed once."
She nodded. "I know right. But waking up next to you and in your arms felt so right."
Skeeter smiled widely. "I know it really did!"
They looked at each other with so much love in their eyes.
"By they way baby you looked stunning yesterday. That pink blouse fitted you perfectly and you looked so gorgeous in the entire outfit!"
"Aww thanks honey that's so sweet of you."
She blow him a kiss which he answered with a blow kiss in her direction.
"So what are your plans for today honey?" She asked him interested.
Skeeter got a huge smile on his face. "I'm invited by Kristi and Blake to have a BBQ at Kristi's house, just the three of us. And to swim and play silly games in her pool like we used to do in the old days when they were little kids."
"Aww honey that's so sweet. I'm so happy for you you can have some time alone with your kids. Enjoy it honey!"
"I really will. Uh baby can I ask you something?"
Reba was a little surprised by his question. "Honey of course you can ask my anything!"
"Is it okay for you if I tell my kids about us today?"
"Wow... uh yeah sure...of course! Wow that's a huge step forward. Are you ready for it? I mean I know you're a little scared to tell them and to see their reactions..."
Skeeter nodded. "Yeah I'm not scared right now but just nervous for there reactions. A specially for the one from Blake... I mean he had a very special and deep relationship with his mom so I don't know how he will react on the news. Kristi also had a great relationship with her mom but Blake and his mom that was always a very special connection."
Reba nodded understandably. "I understand. Well honey all you can do is just tell them about us and wait and see what the reaction will be. I can imagine it will hurt when they or one of them won't react good but keep in mind that I'm always there for you honey. Give them the time to get used to the idea of their dad dating a new woman and also to the idea of their dad dating a woman who happens to be famous by her job."
Skeeter chuckled. "Yeah I know and I will baby. Thanks for the support my love!"
"It's normal that I support you honey, I love you! With all my heart!"
"I love you too baby, with all my heart and very very much!"
"Will you let me know how they reacted? No matter if it went good or not. I want to be there for you honey... I'm so sorry I can't be physically with you honey but just text or call me and I will be there for you!"
"Aww thanks baby, that's so sweet of you!"
She smiled at him lovely.
"And what are your plans for today my love?" He asked her curiously.
"This afternoon we have a champagne tasting at the hotel and this evening we have a dinner with performances of the Bocelli' s at the family house of Leonardo Ferragamo in the hills."
"Wow that sounds like a great day! Enjoy it my love you deserve it to be spoiled!"
"You're such a sweetheart! Please enjoy your time with your kids... try not to be to nervous everything will go great! I'll think about you honey!"
"Thanks baby I will also think about you... like I always do 24/7"
He looked at her with a huge grin on his face which made reba laugh.
"Goofball... but it's the same here. I also think about you 24/7. You're always in my thoughts."
They looked at each other with so much love in their eyes and on their faces.
"Love you baby!"
"Love you more honey!"
They laughed and talked a little more before they both got ready for their day.

Around noon skeeter drove to his daughters house for the BBQ. She told him that they would arrange everything so he didn't need to bring anything. When he parked his car he saw Blake was already there. He smiled widely when he saw his daughter opening the door.
"Hi there sweetheart!"
"Hi daddy!"
They hugged each other deeply before both of them went to the garden where Blake was already warming up the BBQ.
"Hi son. How are you?" Skeeter asked smiling while hugging his son.
"Hi dad. I'm doing great! How are you doing?"
Skeeter couldn't hide his happiness cause he immediately got a huge smile on his face and sparkles in his eyes.
"I'm doing perfect. Thanks!"
"Yeah you do look great. You look really happy daddy!" Kristi stated.
"Thanks sweetie."
"I hope you're hungry cause we've got a lot to eat!" Blake laughed.
"Eating is never a problem for me!" Skeeter laughed.
While Skeeter and Blake baked all the meat Kristi made a salad, a delicious potato salad and some other vegetables. She set the table and after a little while they were all enjoying their meal. They talked, laughed and had a lot of fun. After the BBQ everybody put on their bathing clothes and they jumped in the pool. They swam a little bit and played all their favourite pool games from when they were little kids like beach ball race, Marco Polo, quick jump quiz and off course chicken fight.
After spending a lot of time in the pool they were all relaxing and enjoying an ice cream at the terrace. There was a very good and happy atmosphere so Skeeter decided that this would be the best time to tell his kids about the new love in his life.
"So kids, I actually have to tell you something."
Kristi and Blake looked at each other surprised.
"What do you have to tell us daddy?" Kristi asked curious.
"Well you already told me a couple times today how happy I look and there is a reason for my happiness..."
"Tell us dad, what's going on?"
"Well... I met someone and I'm seeing this woman since the end of august."
Blake looked at his dad chocked. "What do you mean seeing someone? As in dating?"
Skeeter smiled and nodded. "Yes as in dating. I'm dating a wonderful woman and I love her very much!"
"Wow daddy that's a surprise! But I'm really happy for you. I can see you love her since your glowing while you tell about her." Kristi smiled at her daddy.
"Aww thanks baby." He looked over at his son who was just staring in front of him. "And you Blake, what do you think about this?"
The young man thought for a while before he spoke. "I don't know to be honest. It's quite a surprise to hear that your dating..."
Skeeter nodded understandably.
"I understand. Take your time to get used to the idea son. But I also have to tell you something else about her..."
His son looked at him suspiciously while his daughter looked enthusiastically.
"What else do you have to tell us daddy?" Kristi asked.
"I'm dating this wonderful woman who makes my really happy but you guys have to know that she hasn't a regular job. Because of her job she's quite famous, worldwide."
"You're dating someone famous? Who is it?" Blake asked his dad.
"It's Reba...Reba McEntire."
Kristi's jaw dropped. "Omg what!? You're dating THE reba? That great singer I listen to a lot?"
Skeeter chuckled and nodded enthusiastically. "Yes I am!"
"Wow that's so cool!" Kristi shouted enthusiastically.
Skeeter looked over at his son and saw that he wasn't as happy and enthusiastic as his sister.
"Son... are you alright? I know this is a lot to take son but I really love her..."
Blake looked at his dad sceptically. "And are you sure she loves you?"
"Blake!" Kristi shouted while she saw how that question took her dad off guard.
"Yes I do. I'm really sure about that." Skeeter said as calm as he could.
"You're sure she isn't using you? Cause I can imagine how things are going in that music business... they are all loving each other and cheating on each other...!"
He couldn't finish his sentence cause skeeter lost his calmness and got mad at his son.
"Don't you ever talk about Reba like that! Did you hear me?! She's so kind, honest and sweet. And most important she's very loyal and faithful! She will never, ever do something bad to another human being. I love her and she loves me okay. And yes she's famous because of her job but with me she isn't famous reba at all! She's just reba the great person who has been through a lot in her life! I understand that you have to get used to this new situation but I will never let you speak bad about her! Do you understand that Blake?!"
Blake was chocked by the words of his dad. He hasn't seen him angry a lot in his life.
Skeeter took a sip of his drink to calm himself down. He looked over at his daughter before he put his attention back to his son.
"Blake look I know you have to get used to this new situation. I can imagine it will be hard for you to see me with another woman as your mom but I have to move on. And no, my love for Reba doesn't mean I forgot your mom, it doesn't mean that at all! I had many beautiful and wonderful years with your mom, son. And I loved and still love her deeply but it's been 3 years since she past away. I've grieved a lot and I never thought I would fall in love and love somebody ever again but I do. Since the first time I saw Reba, on a vacation with your ant Sofie and Mike, I felt sparkles. And I can guarantee you son I've thought about it deeply. I wondered myself if it wasn't to fast, if it wasn't disrespectful to your mom and I talked about it a lot with your aunt Sofie but it just happened son. I got those strong love feeling for Reba and she got those for me. My heart is with her right now. We both went through a lot the past years and we found each other on the right time. We do a lot of fun things together, we laugh a lot but we can also talk real good and we listen to each other's story's carefully and we're there for each other. So Blake I give you all the time you need to get used to this but please respect the fact that I love her and please don't speak like you did about her."
Brandon looked up to his dad, got up and gave his dad a hug.
"I'm sorry dad, I didn't mean to talk badly about her. It's just a big surprise for me and I will need some time to get used to the idea."
Skeeter nodded understandably. "Take your time son."
He looked up to Kristi. "How do you feel about this Kristi."
"I agree with Blake that it's a big surprise but I'm really happy for you daddy. From the moment I saw you today I noticed your happy smile and those sparkles in your eyes, I can see she makes you really happy and that makes me happy too."
"Aww thanks sweetie."
They talked and drank another drink before they all went home. Skeeter got mixed feeling about today. He loved the reaction of his daughter but although he somehow new his son would react differently he was somehow hurt about his reaction.
He sent reba a text and looked forward to see her on FaceTime and talk with her about it.

Hi baby, how are you doing over there? I had a great time with the kids! I told them about us and like I already thought was Kristi's reaction better then Blake's. I told him I loved and still love his mom but that my heart is with you right now. He needs time to get used to this new situation, which I understand, but I can't deny that I'm a little upset and hurt about it. We'll talk about it tonight when we see each other on FaceTime. Enjoy the champagne tasting my love and talk to you and see you tonight.
Love you and miss you a lot.
Xxx