That's when I knew

The morning after Reba woke up with a smile on her face. She hadn't slept this well in many years. She looked around the room, it wasn't that big but very cosy decorated. Right across her bed there was a huge window from where she could see all over the beautiful nature of Jackson Hole. She gasped when she saw a moose with her baby. She loved being so close to the nature.
She stretched herself before she got down. She forgot she was still in her pyjamas. When she walked down the stairs she could smell fresh coffee and smirked. She followed the smell to the kitchen where she saw Skeeter cooking breakfast. He was also wearing his pyjamas and a bathrobe.
"Good morning."
Skeeter turned around to face her and got a widely smile on his face. In her pyjamas he could see her curves even more and he really liked the view.
"good morning. Did you sleep well?" "yeah very well, thank you. Did you?"
Skeeter nodded.
"better than in a long time." Reba smiled. "so did I." "nice pyjamas by the way."
Reba looked down and realised she still had her pyjamas on. She started to blush.
"oops. I forgot I was still wearing them." Skeeter laughed.
"no problem. I want you to feel comfortable here." "I do, very comfortable. I think that's the reason why I forgot that I still had them on." she laughed.
"no problem at all. I'm also still in my pyjamas. I always ate breakfast before I take a shower."
Reba chuckled. "another thing that we have in common."she winked at him.
"I made us some breakfast. I hope you like it." "I sure will. Thanks for making it." "you're welcome."
After their breakfast both of them took a shower and got dressed. While Reba was upstairs Skeeter made some phone calls to arrange their date tonight. He knew this great restaurant on top of a mountain. He booked the entire top floor just for them. When you are up there you have a beautiful view over Jackson Hole. He really hopes she'll like it, he knew he did.
The owner of the restaurant was a friend and he would ask him to decorate it romantically because he was coming over on a date with a wonderful woman. The man made sure he would arrange it. They were expected there by six pm so they still had a lot of time to enjoy the rodeo first.
When both of them were ready they drove to the arena. Skeeter could see she was really exited.
"you're excited aren't you?" "yeah! It's been a long time since I went out to see a rodeo again. I'm always so busy working that I can't always do the things I love." "that's to bad." "yeah you have to make choices in your life." "unfortunately you have."
"but there is one huge advantage by going out with you." "is there just one?"
Both of them laughed loudly.
"no they are many. But a very important one for me, at this moment in my life, is the fact that you have nothing to do with the music business or show business. So when I am with you I can just be Reba, the woman, and not Reba the performer." "Aww that's so sweet of you to say. But it's true. With me you can always be your true self, no matter how you feel or what's going on. And I will always do my very best to make you laugh and do fun things together."
"thanks that's really sweet of you. And I am my true self when I'm with you. I hope you can also be like that when you're with me." Skeeter smiled. "I am!" "perfect."
They looked deeply into each other's eyes one more time before they entered the arena. They ordered something to drink and looked for a great seat so they could see everything. Both had a wonderful time and enjoyed each other company. After a while Reba got a little hungry.
"I'm getting a little hungry. You too?" "yes I am. I will get us something." "No, no I will go. What do you prefer?"  "are there any corn dogs available?" "no way, you like corn dogs too?"
"are you kidding me? I love that!" "me too. I will definitely look for them." "perfect. Be careful!"
"I will."
And there she goes into the crowd.
While he was waiting for her to come back he saw he got a message from his sister.

Hi Skeeter,
How is everything going up there? Enjoying the time with Reba? I wish both of you a wonderful time together. You deserve this.
X Sofie

He smiled when he read her text. He was having an amazing time and loved the support of his sister.

Hi Sofie,
Everything is perfect up here. We are really enjoying spending time together. We're at the Rodeo right now and tonight I'm taking her out on a romantic dinner with candle lights. Thanks for your support.
X Skeeter

Meanwhile when Reba was waiting for their corn dogs she texted her little sister.

Hi there Susie,
Everything ok up there? It's great here. Skeeter is a wonderful man and we're really enjoying spending time together. We're even at a rodeo show right now. Do you have some time, later this afternoon, to FaceTime with me? He asked me out on a romantic dinner date tonight and I can use some help on what to wear and how to do my hear.  I'm really looking forward to it and I'm a little bit nervous too.
X Reebs

Quickly she got an answer from her little sister.

Hi Reebs, everything great up here. I love that you're having a great time. Oh my god my big sister has a date tonight. I can't describe how happy I am for you! Of course I will FaceTime and help you. Text me when you need me.
X Susie

Reba smiled when she read the text. She loves the way her little sister is happy for her and supports her no matter what. When she got their corn dogs she made her way back to Skeeter.
"I'm back, with corn dogs!" "great. Thanks for getting them." "you're very welcome. Enjoy it."
"you to."
After they ate it, they stayed a little more before they went back to his house. When Reba was in the guest room she texted Susie.

Hi Susie,
Do you have time to FaceTime and help your big sister?
X Reebs

Soon she heard the incoming FaceTime chat. They waved at each other.
"hi Susie." "hi there. How are you?" "I'm good thanks. A little nervous."
Susie laughed.
"I can imagine. You look great, you know that?" "aww thank you." "yeah you have a certain glow on your face."
Reba started to blush.
"I think my big sister is falling in love." she smiled widely. "I think I am!" Reba said blushing.
"I'm so happy for you." "thanks." "so tell me, how can I help you?" "oh yeah... I brought some dresses to wear at dinner but I can't choose between 3 of them. Wait I will show you."
She turned the phone and showed her sister the dresses.
Dress 1: a long laced black dress with a low cut cleavage (the one she wore to host CMA Country Christmas 2017)
Dress 2: a short glittering blue dress with a bit of cleavage (she wore on celebrity fight night 2012)
Dress 3: a long purple dress with some cleavage (she wore on the ACM awards 2009)
"yeah I can see why it's a difficult choice. All three of the dresses are beautiful and you all wear them great." "I know that's the problem." Reba sighted.
"I would go for dress 1. It's a bit more formal and very cute." "Yeah that's true. Ok I will go for dress 1. Thanks." "you're very welcome. It's also a bit sexy, but not to much. Perfect for a first date." "fantastic. Now the other question how will I do my hear? Pulled up or loose?"
"that's easy loose like it is right now."
Reba smiled widely.
"thanks. You're a big help." "always their for you sister." she winked at her. Reba sighed.
"Ok I gonna get ready for my first date." she blushed and chuckled.
"ok. Don't be to nervous, just enjoy the night, have a good time and let everything happen that needs to happen." she winked. "thanks, I will."
"I will text you tomorrow to see how it went!" "of course you will." Reba laughed.
"now go get changed. Bye Reebs, enjoy your night out." "I will. By Susie."
Reba quickly got changed and put on her make-up. She looked in the full length mirror and thought she looked smoking hot. She put on some high heels, looked in the mirror one more time before she went downstairs. Skeeter was already waiting for her in the living room. He wore a black suite and held a red rose in his hand. His jaw dropped when he saw Reba coming down the stairs. He didn't thought it was possible but she looked even more stunning as always. Reba chuckled when she saw his face.
"you like it?" "Wow you look gorgeous!" Reba started to blush. "thank you."
He walked over to her, give her a kiss on her cheek and handed her the red rose.
"Will you be my date for tonight?" "I would love to."
They looked deeply into each other's eyes and felt butterflies all over. There hands intertwined while they walked out to the taxi. He opened the door for her and helped her in. He closed the door again and went to the other side to get in. They sat close to each other and their hand were still intertwined. The taxi drove them to the restaurant and while Reba got more relaxed Skeeter started te get more nervous.
"Are you ok?"  "yeah just a little nervous." "I was nervous too. But don't worry I'm pretty sure it will be a great night."
She smiled at him which makes him relax a little more. When they arrived at the restaurant he helped her out of the taxi, payed the driver and leaded her in. The owner welcomed them.
"welcome in our restaurant. You might follow me to the elevator." "elevator?"
Skeeter smiled widely.
"yes, you're table is at our top floor."Reba looked at Skeeter.
"wow." "only the best for you." he winked at her.
When they arrived at the top floor Reba's jaw dropped. She was speechless and got teared up. The entire floor was decorated with flowers, candles and rose petals. In the middle their was their perfectly set table. With candlelights on it.
"Enjoy your evening together." "thanks." "wow Skeeter this is beautiful!" "I'm glad you like it."
He lead her to balcony to let her have a look over a beautiful, illuminated city. This perfect view in combination with the beautiful starry sky, a light warm breeze, some soft music, the romantic setting and specially him next to her made it all to much for her. She turned to face him, cupped his face and with happy tears in her eyes she gave him a soft kiss on his lips. He softly answered the kiss and put an arm around her waist. When they broke for air they looked lovely into each other's eyes.
That kiss proved what they already knew, they are madly in love with each other.
Skeeter cleared his throat, intertwined their hands and looked her straight in the eyes.
"Sweet Reba, since the day I saw you on my sisters phone I couldn't get you out of my head. Since the first time I saw you, butterflies are living in my belly. The past 2 days I got to know you better and I know it's early to say this but I think I found my soulmate in you. I have been through some rough and hard years and never thought I would feel like this ever again. I wasn't ready for a new love in my life until I met you. You make me smile and want to enjoy life again. Your the first thing I think about in the morning and the last thing I think about when I go to bed. I would love to spend much more time with you and make you the happiest woman alive. Reba would you please be my girlfriend?"
Tears streamed down Reba's face when she heard his sweet words. She looked him straight in the eyes and smiled widely through her tears. "I would love to."
He got teared up himself, dried her tears, cupped her face and gave her deep and intense kiss. When they broke away for air she took his hands in hers and looked him in the eyes.
"oh Skeeter, you can't believe how happy you make me. I also felt a deep connection and butterflies since the day I met you. After the past two years I was so afraid to fall in love again. I was so hurt that I was very scared to open up my heart again. But with you It goes automatically. I feel so good when I'm around you. You gave me my believe in love back. You make me happy again, make my smile and laugh again. You give me a lot of reasons to get out of bed and enjoy life. You make me feel like a woman again. With you I can be my truly self and I can get completely relaxed. I would love to spend a lot more time and years with you. And I also think I found my true soulmate in you."
Both of them got a lot of tears streaming down their face.
"I love you." "I love you too."
And by those words they kissed each other full of passion and with an intense look of endearment.
Holding hands they walked to their table and enjoyed their special menu and evening. The entire time his hand was on top of hers. They talked the whole night and really enjoyed each other company being girlfriend and boyfriend.
Late at night they took a taxi home again. While they were driving she placed her head on his shoulder. He gently kissed the top of her head and intertwined their fingers.
"honey?" "yeah."
She turned towards him to face him.
"I really love you but I want to take things slow. I want us to take our time to get to know everthying about each other and don't rush things." Skeeter smiled while he stroke her cheek.
"I want the same thing sweetheart. Let's take our time and enjoy every moment we spend together." "so....you're ok if I still sleep in the guest room and not yet in bed with you?"
Skeeter chuckled.
"off course. We will take our time and when time is ready we can go further. I will never push you sweetheart. I want you to do just the things you feel comfortable with and nothing else."
"you're so sweet." "thanks."
They shared a sweet kiss before she placed her head back on his shoulder. Both liked this feeling of intimacy.
When they arrived back at the house both got undressed and went into their pyjamas.
Before each went to their own room they made out for a while in the hallway. Both smiled widely when they broke for air. They leaned their foreheads to each other.
"goodnight my sweet love." "goodnight honey." "I love you." "love you too"
And with a last long kiss they went to bed. Both couldn't sleep right away they were to excited about everything that happened tonight.

Reba chuckled and smiled widely when she got a text from him.

Good night my sweet love. Thanks for making me happy again. I love you with all my heart. Can't wait to see you in the morning.
Xxx

He smiled and his heart jumped when he got a text back.

Good night honey. Sweet dreams. I love you with all my heart and will do everything to make you the happiest man alive, because you make me the happiest woman alive. Can't wait to see you tomorrow morning.
Xxx

Both of them fel asleep with a huge and happy smile on their face dreaming about each other.