A new love

A few hours later Reba and skeeter got home completely relaxed. They walked in, holding hands and more in love then ever before. They took a glass of wine and went over to the backyard to relax even more. They were laying in the hammock together. This day has already been perfect and it will get even better.
"I'm so happy you are going to meet my son tonight!" Reba sighed happily.
"Yeah me to baby. But I'm also a little nervous." He said while he kissed the top of her head.
"Why are you nervous honey?" She turned her head to look him straight in the eyes.
"What if he doesn't like me?"
She saw his insecurities and she understand where it came from. Meeting the kid(s) of your love is a huge step forward in a relationship. She smiled at him lovely.
"Don't worry about that honey. I'm sure he will like you!"
"I really hope so. I mean, he's your son and off course he's very important for you! This meeting is a huge step. It can make or break us." His voice cracked a little bit while he said it.
She saw that he looked forward to meet her son but that he was also very nervous and a little anxious about it. She cupped his face and softly pecked his lips.
"What do you mean honey this can make or break us?"
"Well he's your son and the most important man in your life, which I completely understand. And I'm just afraid that if we won't get along, at some point you will have to choose between me and him. And I completely understand that you would choose him because he's your blood and he's with you for his entire life and I'm in your life for not so long and..."
Before he could finish his sentence she pressed her lips on his and kissed him deeply. When they broke for air she looked him straight in the eyes and stroke his cheek.
"Stop worrying honey. It will be fine! I know my son and he looks a lot like me, not just by the way he looks. We have similar characters and I'm very sure that he'll like you, just like I do. And baby just because he's my son doesn't necessarily means I pick him over you. I mean... of course his opinion is very important for me but so is yours and so are you. Honey I love you with all my heart. You make me smile and laugh again, you brought light and love back into my life. I know our relationship is still in his early stage and very young but I love you so very much. I know it's early to say this but I don't think I can imagine my future life without you in it. When I was alone I always felt like a part of me was missing but since you're in my life I found that part. You complete me and you complete my life honey!"
He looked at her with a huge, lovely smile on his face and tears in his eyes. He was very touched by her sweet words.
"I love you honey!"
"I love you too baby!"
They kissed each other deeply and with a lot of passion.
After cuddling and kissing in the hammock for a little while they both went upstairs to get ready for the big night. While Reba was in the bathroom Skeeter got a text from his sister.

Hi there little brother,
I don't want to interrupt your time with Reba but I'm just so curious. How is everything going up there? I wish both of you a wonderful time together.
X Sofie

He smiled when he saw the text of his sister. She was so happy he found love again and she was extremely curious how everything goes between him and his love. He quickly answered her.

Hi Sis,
Everything is perfect up here. We already had a wonderful time together. We went hiking today and enjoyed some relaxing time in the jacuzzi. Tonight is going to be a big and important night, I'm going to meet her son Shelby and her daughter-in-law Marissa for the first time. I'm so extremely nervous. I hope they will like me!
X Skeeter

Soon he heard his phone beep and read the answer of his sister.

Wow that's a huge step in your relationship! Don't worry Skeet, it will be fine. Just be your true, funny self and things will go smoothly. Please don't be to nervous and enjoy your night with your love and her family.
X Sofie
P.S.: I want an update tomorrow ;-)

Skeeter laughed when he saw that last note of his sister. He quickly answered her before he went into the shower.

Don't worry sis, I will enjoy my night and update you tomorrow.
X skeeter

Half an hour later Reba was waiting downstairs for Skeeter. She couldn't help it but she was a little nervous herself. She was sure her son would love Skeeter but it was just a huge step forward in their relationship.
When skeeter got down the stairs her jaw dropped. He looked gorgeous in his dark blue costume. She immediately got sparks in her eyes and smiled widely when he walked up to her. She put her arms around his neck and kissed him softly on his lips. Both moaned softly.
When they broke for air she looked at him again.
"Wow honey, you look gorgeous!"
He smiled shyly.
"Aww thanks baby. But you look stunning yourself!" He smiled when he looked at her.
She wore a blue strapless dress and some very sexy high heels. Her make-up was very natural and her hair hang loosely with some beautiful curls in it.
All off a sudden she started to chuckle. He looked at her confused.
"What's so funny baby?"
"We definitely are a great couple. Without knowing it or matching our outfits before, we both wear blue."
He laughed when he realised it.
"That's what makes us such a great couple baby, we don't need a lot of words or preparation we are always a match made in heaven!"
Both smiled and they kissed each other deeply. They got interrupted in their passionate kissing moment when they heard the doorbell ring.
Reba looked him straight in the eyes and smiled lovely.
"Are you ready honey?"
"Absolutely!"
They quickly pecked each other's lips before they went to the door, holding hands. Reba smiled widely when she saw her son and daughter-in-law in front of them. She hugged them both and invited them in.
"Honey these are my son Shelby and his girlfriend Marissa. Shelby, Marissa this is Skeeter my boyfriend." Reba introduced them proudly to each other.
Skeeter and Shelby shook each other's hand and Marissa greeted her new father-in-law with a kiss on his cheek. Reba could see her son was pretty nervous for this meeting and so was her lover. She and Marissa shared a look with each other and without saying anything they both knew what to do.
"So do we still have time for a drink?" Reba asked her son.
Shelby looked at his watch and nodded. "Yeah we've still got some time."
"Great! Marissa will you help me preparing the drinks?"
"Sure!" She winked at her mother-in-law.
"I can help..." Skeeter suggested.
Reba smiled and winked at him. "no thank you honey, we can handle it. We will give both of you some time to get to know each other." She softly put a little kiss on his cheek before both woman went over to the kitchen.
Both Skeeter and Shelby smiled and sighed nervously. It was eventually Shelby who broke the silence.
"So Skeeter, you are the man who makes my mom glow again?"
"Guilty" skeeter answered shy and smiled softly at the young man in front of him.
Shelby smiled back and both of them got a little more relaxed.
"Where did you meet my mom?"
"I met her on her vacation in Jackson Hole with friends. Kix and Barbara are good friends of my sister and brother-in-law. During the vacation I was their tour guide in Yellow Stone since I live partly in Jackson Hole and I'm a lot at that location. I'm a photographer you see."
"Oh wow a photographer, that's cool. Do you have a specialty?"
"Nature and animals."
"Cool."
"And since the first time I saw you mama I was blown away. She's so beautiful and has such a great personality. We went hiking that day and during our walk your mom and I just kept talking to each other. We went all out for dinner that night and I started to like her even more. I gave her my phone number and like a week after we met she came back to Jackson Hole and we spend a lot of time together.... And since that moment we're dating each other."
"Wow. That's actually a very sweet story. I can see you make my mom really happy. She's been through a lot the last years and it's been a long time since I saw her glowing like she does now."
"Thanks. Yeah I do everything I can to make her happy and I truly love her."
"Happy to hear that."
"So how did you and Marissa met and how long are you guys together?"
"Let's see we've been together for... 1 year and a half. We met at one of my races, she knew some of my friends and we really liked each other."
"Aww that's sweet."
Meanwhile in the kitchen:
Reba opened a bottle of wine and served it in the glasses. She couldn't stop smiling and Marissa noticed this.
"So you and Skeeter how are thing going?" Marissa asked curious.
"Things are going perfect. Thanks for asking." Reba winked at her cute daughter-in-law.
"I can see that. You are glowing and lighting up the entire house. He clearly makes you happy."
Reba nodded. "Yes he does. He makes me extremely happy."
"Aww so sweet to see you this happy. And you two makes a beautiful couple you know!"
"Thanks." Reba answered shyly.
"Shelby was so nervous to meet Skeeter."
"I know, I could see it on his face how nervous he was. Skeeter was also really nervous. He was anxious that Shelby wouldn't like him."
Right after Reba said that she heard laughing from the living room.
"I'm pretty sure he doesn't need to be afraid about that." Marissa winked at Reba.
"Let's see what our guys are doing up there and what's so funny."
Both woman took two glasses and they went back to their lovely man.
"Looks like the two of you have a great time together." Marissa laughed.
"Absolutely!" Skeeter stated, winking at Shelby.
"Mom, you have picked a great guy! He's so funny, he loves you deeply and the most important thing: he plays golf!"
Both man laughed loud. Reba shook her head and laughed while she sat next to skeeter.
"I'm really happy the two of you get a long so well."
"Oh absolutely. You have a great son." Skeeter looked reba in the eyes and they shared a sweet little kiss. Shelby and Marissa looked at how sweet and in love reba and skeeter were and they looked at each other smiling widely.
After they finished their glass of wine both couples went over to the restaurant. All night long they chatted, got to know each other better and told funny story's. It was a perfect night with a lot of laughter and fun moments.
When they were back at Reba's house Reba and Shelby were in the kitchen getting some drinks. Shelby went over to his mom and gave her a big hug. Reba was a little surprised by this sweet gesture.
"What's that for?" She smiled.
"I love you mom. You know that right?"
"Yeah  I know."
"And I'm really happy you found love again. I must admit I was really nervous to meet this new guy in your life. I mean I never saw you with anybody else as dad and I saw how devastated, heartbroken and down you were for the last two years. But when I see you with Skeeter I can clearly see he makes you happy and makes you shine again. He loves you so much and so do you. This night I got to know him better and he's really a very good, sweet and funny guy. I know he does everything he can to make you happy and I can see that. I love how he brought your spirit and confidence back. I'm really happy for you mom and I wish you and Skeeter a wonderful life together."
Tears were streaming down Reba's cheeks. She was so touched by the sweet words of her son. She hugged him and told him she loved him a lot. When they got back to Skeeter and Marissa, who were in the play room, Skeeter saw immediately her red eyes from crying and went straight up to her and pulled her in a tight hug.
"Baby are you okay? Have you been crying?" He asked concerned.
Reba looked him straight in the eyes and smiled.
"I'm fine honey, I really am. I got a little emotional because Shelby was so sweet and told me how happy he is for us and that he wishes us a wonderful life together."
Skeeter looked over at Shelby.
"Aww that's so sweet of you! Thanks Shelby, I'll do everything I can to make your mom the happiest woman alive!" He smiled at Shelby, looked back at Reba, cupped her face and gave her a sweet yet intense kiss.
Shelby and Marissa looked happily at the romantic couple in front of them and kissed each other sweetly. Their was a lot of romance in the air.
The rest of the night they enjoyed some drinks, each other's company and played a lot of snooker games.
Since both Shelby and Marissa had been drinking alcohol they decided they would stay at Reba's house over night and drive home the other day.
Once everybody was in their rooms skeeter suddenly heard a little knock on his door. He wondered who would come over and opened the door. He saw his girlfriend in front of him, in her pj's.
"Baby what's up?"
"Reba looked shyly at the ground. I...wondered if I could lay with you tonight..." she looked at him with a shy look on her face.
Skeeter was surprised by it.
"Yeah off course. But honey are you sure? We can wait."
She looked him straight in the eyes and smiled.
"I'm sure honey. I want to sleep in you arms tonight."
He smiled, gave her a tight hug and a deep kiss on her lips before they went to bed together. She crawled in bed and he gently spooned her, holding her close and protectively in his arms. Both really enjoyed this intense moment between them and they felt asleep with a big happy smile on their faces.