The angels sang

When they were back at Skeeters house everybody took a shower and changed outfits for their dinner later that night. Both Reba and Skeeter were upstairs, Reba was in the shower while Skeeter was in his bedroom changing his outfit. He could hear her sing and all he could do was smile. She had such a beautiful voice.
When he heard her singing it was like he could hear the angels sing. He looked at the family pictures in his room. He took the picture of Marolyn in his hands and gently placed a kiss on the picture.
"oh Marolyn I miss you so much. No day will pass without me thinking about you." He stroke the picture and sighted. "I have to tell you something. I'm so confused about my feelings. I met a gorgeous woman. Her name is Reba. I don't know how she does it but she blows me away every time I see her. I know it's weird, since I just met her, but I have a warm feeling when I look at her. It reminds me of the time I saw you for the first time. You also took my breath away and made me feel warm. I'm confused about it because I still love you and I'm not sure if it's oke to have this feelings for another woman. If I listen to my heart, I really want to know her better. I already had a few words with her and she's a very kind and interesting woman. But it feels a little strange too. It's the first time, after you left us, that I have this feelings. I'm not sure what to do Marolyn. Oh I wish you could give me a sign that helps me."
A tear felt down his cheek. He woke up from his thoughts when he heard a little knock on the door. He dried his tears and looked at the door. His jaw dropped when he saw Reba standing in front of him. She wore a short, black strapless dress with high heels and a little cleavage. She had some natural make-up on and looked gorgeous. Reba on the other hand saw him sitting on his bed with tears in his eyes and a picture of his wife in his hands. Her heart broke when she saw him so sad.
"skeeter are you ok?" she asked anxious.  "not really."
Skeeter was surprised by his own answer. Normally when people ask him if he is ok, he always answers that question with yes to get no further questions. But with her he can easily say it when he has a hard time.
Reba closed the door and sat next to him on the bed. She took his hand in hers and smoothly rubbed it.
"I understand it, you really miss her." "I do."
Reba looked at the picture in his hand.
"looks like she was a very special woman." "she was, absolutely."Skeeter sighs.
"I don't want to bother you with my emotions reba."
She looked him in the eyes and smiled.
"you don't. I know we just met but I feel a good connection with you Skeeter. And I want to be here for you." Reba was surprised by her own words but hoped that Skeeter won't notice that.
Skeeter looked at the picture in front of him and smiled trough his tears. Without making a sound his mouth formed the words thank you. He looked reba in the eyes.
"I just got a little emotional when I saw this picture. I'm wondering if it's already time to move on with my life."
Reba nodded in understanding.
"only time will tell. But when it's time you will notice it. You will feel it deep in your heart and god..." she looked at the picture "and Marolyn will give you a sign."
And by those words of Reba all his doubts disappeared. The was it, this was the sign he was waiting for.
"thanks Reba." "I didn't do anything." "you did more than you expect."
They both smiled at each other.
"you look great by the way." "aww thank you. So do you." She said blushing.
"thanks. " "are you sure you are ok? If it's not we can all have dinner some other time."
"no we can't because I'm leaving tomorrow morning."
Reba's heart felt. She didn't know where this came from but she felt really disappointed knowing that he was already leaving tomorrow.
"oh why?" she asked with a sad face. Skeeter noticed her sad expression.
"I need to be in Texas tomorrow afternoon. I promised my son I would help him with some work in his house." "Oh I see. Yeah that's also very important." "yeah."
Both of them didn't really know what they felt and what to do with those emotions so they stood up and went downstairs to the others.
The rest of the night they had some great Italian food and talked and laughed with the whole group. Both of them couldn't stop thinking about their short conversations in his bedroom and the feelings it brought up by both of them.
When they all got back to skeeters house they all had one more drink before going back to the hotel. They all said goodbye to each other and when Reba and Skeeter said goodbye he gave her a hug and a kiss on her cheek.
When reba arrived at her hotel room she took her phone out of her purse and noticed there was a note in it. She opened it and her heart jumped, it was a little note from Skeeter.

Hi Reba,
I just want to say that I'm really happy I met you. If you want to make another trip to Jackson Hole please let me know. I would love to be your personal guide.
Sweets,
Skeeter

She saw his phone number on it and she smiled. She didn't know where all of this came from but this man did something to her. She took her phone and saved his number. After that she decided to send him a text.

Hi skeeter,
Thanks for your sweet note. Was a very pleasant surprise. I will definitely come back to see more of Jackson Hole and I would love to have you as my personal guide. Have fun by your son.
See you soon!
Sweets,
Reba

She smiled and couldn't do anything else than fall asleep with a big smile on her face.