They asked about you

Skeeter woke up very happy. Their date yesterday went perfectly and he was so proud to call her his girlfriend now. He was ready to spend the rest of his days with her. He couldn't wait to let his sister know how everything went.

Good morning Sofie,
Everything ok with you, Mike and the kids? I'm feeling extremely happy and I really need to share it with somebody. My date with Reba went perfect yesterday and I can call her my girlfriend. <3
We don't know each other for that long but it really feels good. I can't tell you how much I missed this feelings I'm having right now. I'm definitely living on cloud nine. Have a nice day, tell everybody hi from me and I will make me and my girlfriend some breakfast. ;-)
X Skeeter

In the guest room Reba once again woke up with a huge smile on her face. She couldn't believe how great everything went yesterday. She woke up from her thoughts when she heard her phone ring.
"hello?" she said with a sleepy voice. "hi reebs. Oops did I woke you up?"
Reba chuckled.
"no I was awake, but not for a very long time. Is there something wrong since you call this early?" "no everything is fine. I just really want to know how your date went yesterday!"
Reba laughed.
"oh little sister you're definitely one of a kind." "come on Reebs, tell me!" "it was amazing! We had a wonderful time. It was magical, lovely and so romantic." "aww I'm so happy for you! What did he arranged?"
Reba giggled when she thought back about everything.
"he booked the entire top floor of a restaurant. Their were flowers, candlelight's and rose petals all over the place." "wow." "and on top of that we had a view over the illuminated city and a beautiful starry sky. It was just perfect!" "I can imagine." "and the chef made us an amazing menu. Really that food was so good, you can't imagine."
Susie smiled. "looks like you had a wonderful time." "we did, we absolutely did!" she said dreamy. "aww I'm so happy for you! And did the romance lead to anything else?"
Reba giggled.
"I can hear on your giggle it did. Please tell me..." "we kissed and it was truly magical."
"ok that's what I want to hear. Tell me did you kiss him or did he kiss you?"
Reba chuckled about the curiosity of her little sister.
"the first time I kissed him." "first time? How many times did you guys kissed?" "to much to tell..." Now it was Susie's time to giggle.
"looks like my big sister is living on cloud nine and is very in love." "I am. I didn't tell you the best part yet." "Their is more?" "yeah" "come on Reba, tell me! I'm dying to know it!"
"he told me that he loved me, that I make him happy again and give him a reason to live again. He even called me his soulmate." "wow that's deep!" "I know! And after that he asked me to be his girlfriend." Susie screamed it out!
"what? OMG what did you answer?" "that I would love to be that." she got a little emotional.
"aww Reba. That's huge! I mean you guys just had one date!" "I know, it strange how fast everything goes!" "I can't describe how happy I am for you reebs. You truly deserve al this happiness after all the shit you have been true." "aww thanks. I feel really happy right now."
"I can hear that. So when will I meet my new brother-in-law?" "ho not so fast! You will definitely meet him but how fast things has gone at the beginning we are going to take it slow now. Get to know each other better, get to know each other's friends and family and just enjoying spending time together." "great plan. I can't wait to see you again and meet him. I want to see the man that makes my big sisters heart melt and put her on cloud nine."
"you will. Susie can I ask you a favour?" "you can ask me anything." "will you keep this for yourself? I will tell mama, Alice, Pake, Shelby and everybody else myself."
"I will. Can I tell Mark?" Reba chuckled. "yes you can. You won't be able to keep it a secret for him anyway!" "no not at all."
They both laughed.
"Susie I gonna go for now. I think I heard my boyfriend going downstairs and I can't wait to see him again." Susie chuckled. "ok than quickly go up to him. Talked to you later. And don't forget, I'm very happy for both of you." " thanks. Talk to you later. Bye." "bye."
They hung up and Reba went downstairs. She didn't mind she still had her pyjamas on. When she got closer to the kitchen she could hear Skeeter talk on his phone. She didn't want to bother him so she waited in the living room. He was talking very enthusiastic and loud so she could hear everything he said. She chuckled when she heard he was talking to his sister and brother-in-law.
"hi Mike. Everything ok?" "yeah perfect. How are you?" Skeeter got a huge smile on his face.
"I'm perfect." "Has your new girlfriend something to do with it?" Sofie laughed on the phone.
Mike looked at his wife surprised. "you have a new girlfriend?" Skeeter couldn't stop smiling.
"yes since yesterday evening I have." He had a huge grin on his face when he thought back about yesterday. "who is the lucky one? Do we know her?" "you already met her."
Sofie saw how Mike was thinking. Sofie decided to help him out.
"she was also on our vacation with kix and Barbara. The one who gave my brother butterflies from the first time he saw her. The redhead." It took a while but finally Mike understood the hints. "oh my god! You are dating Reba McEntire?" "yes I am. I can even call her my girlfriend!" he said very proud. "Wow. Congratulations man. You deserve it!" "thanks."
"yeah you really deserve it. And I can hear she really makes you happy." Skeeter giggled.
"yeah she makes me really happy. I feel so lucky to have such a wonderful woman in my life."
"ww you're so sweet. And I read in your text that your date went very well." "oh Sofie it was amazing. Mind blowing. I booked the top floor of Tim's restaurant. He decorated it beautifully with a lot of flowers and candlelights. We had an amazing view over an illuminated city and it was so incredibly romantic!" he said dreamy.
"I bet it was."  "and on that perfect evening I asked her to be my girlfriend... and she said yes."his face glowed even more. "aww you're such a romantic man." Skeeter started to blush.
"and did anything happen between the two of you?" "mike!" Sofie shouted and she glanced at him. "it's just a question. But since she is his girlfriend now..." Skeeter laughed about his brother-in-law. "you can ask. Something did happen, we kissed." "just kissed?" "yeah and that's just perfect for now. We don't want to rush things. We want to take our time to grow closer to each other." "I think you're on the right way." "thanks." "we're very happy for you Skeeter. You really deserve this!" "Aww thanks." "Is Reba up yet?" "I don't think she is, but she will be really soon. So I will go for now. I'll continue making us some breakfast." "good idea. Say hi to Reba from us."
"I will! Talk to you guys later. Bye." "bye."
When he hung up the phone he saw Reba getting in the kitchen.
"good morning" she said smiling widely. "good morning beautiful."
She walked over to him and gave him a little kiss. "are you already up for a long time?"
"for a bit." "did you hear me on the phone?" Reba started to blush.
"I did. But I wasn't eavesdropping on you. I walked downstairs and heard you talking so I decided to not interrupt you and wait in the living room." "you never interrupt me." He winked at her.
"and since you were talking very enthusiastic and loud I heard a lot of your story." "that's fine. It was mostly about you so you have the right to know."
They both smiled.
"sorry I already told my sister and Mike about us. I needed to share my happiness."
Reba shrugged. "oh no problem. I already told my little sister Susie and by now she probably told her husband Mark." Both of them laughed.
They walked closer to each other and he wrapped his arms around her waist. They looked deeply into each other's eyes and they shared a long, deep, needy, passionate kiss.
When they broke up for air both of them smiled widely.
"and did my girlfriend sleep well?" "very well. And you boyfriend?" "also very well. I especially had a beautiful dream." "you did? About what?" "about us enjoying spending time together."
"aww you're so sweet!" "thanks babe."
They shortly pecked each other's lips. Reba looked around in the kitchen and saw that he already had been very busy.
"what are you doing honey?" "I'm making us some breakfast. I'm almost ready. I had to interrupt it because of the call from Sofie." "can I help you?" "you don't have to babe. I will take care of it." "but I really want to help." Skeeter smiled.
"ok. Can you please set the table while I bake us some pancakes?" "sure. Just tell me where I can find everything."
Skeeter opened a cabinet and showed her where she could find it. While she was setting the table she secretly kept looking at him. She really found him good looking. When the table was set she walked up to him, put her arms around his waist and let her head rest on his shoulder.
Skeeter smiled when he felt his redhead so close to him.
"you bake pancakes like a pro babe." Skeeter laughed. "thanks. If was the first thing I learned to cook!" "that sweet. They smell really good, I bet they also taste very good." "let's hope they do. You know what also smells and taste very good?" "no." "you my love."
He turned around to kiss her deeply on the lips. The leaned their heads to each other.
"what do you want to do today before I have to put you on the plane?" "Can we go hiking? – she said enthusiastic." "of course we can!"
He pecked her lips.
"I don't want you to go today." "I know, me neither! But unfortunately I have to. I have to work the next days." Skeeter sighed. "I now, me too." "I hope I will see you back very soon!"
"we can arrange that!" He winked at her.
"perfect." "but first we are going to enjoy our last day here together." "definitely."
They kissed deeply before they ate their breakfast.