The perfect combination of weather.

Maybe Erik and I could go for a walk tonight, along the beach, even though that's considered a couple thing and we aren't a couple.

I stare at myself in the mirror and think about what I had, compared to what I have now.

That's something Will and I would have done; the romantic sunset walks.

Erik and I? Lay on the couch and read my writing or listen to him hum, something I never did with Will. I was always scared to show my passion to Will, but with Erik, I can't help but want him to see my work.

To comment on the words and whisper in my ear as he reads them.

"Hey, are you ready to go? Everyone is here now." Erik startles me when he pops his head in the door. He wanted me to come for the first day of filming, I think he is just giving me something to do.

I nod my head at him and gather my things for the day.

Maybe I can get some material for their accounts; some behind the scenes stuff.

Within the time I've been with the band, their following has nearly tripled and continues to grow, much like their music, which is now charting.

"Do I need anything else?" I ask Erik as I sort through my bag, "I have my mac, notebook, charger, wallet, sunglasses, am I missing anything?"

"Condoms?" He suggests with a smirk on his perfect lips.

"And why would I need those? I don't see any attractive guys around here." I pat his cheek as I walk by and continue into the hallway, but before I can reach the end of it, my arm is yanked back.

Erik encloses me in his arms and breathes on my neck, "are you sure there are no attractive guys around?"

I move my neck so I'm able to face him and give him my most serious face, trying to hide the effects of what just being in his arms does to me, "if you see any, let me know."

Erik tilts my head so that I'm looking at him and kisses me harder than he's ever kissed me before, making my head feel fuzzy. I turn my body and wrap my arms around his neck, pulling him closer to me, wanting more of him.

I feel him chuckle against my lips as his hands move under my hoodie and caress my hips, before moving up my back.

But the bliss that I am in is ripped away as Erik moves away from me, "let me know if you see any attractive guys."

Damn him.

I follow behind him and see everyone is gathered in the living room along with some unfamiliar faces, but by the way they are dressed I have a feeling they are from the record label.

"Avril Lexington?" The taller of the two men approaches me, dressed in a suit much like my father wears, and styled grey hair like his own.

"Yes?" I paste on the professional facade my parents drilled into my head and stick my hand out to be shaken, while fixing my posture to show power. My mother would be so proud.

"You're the social media manager that Olivia hired, correct? We're from the label, I'm Frank and that's James. Would you able to have a short meeting with us in regards to your job?" I try not to show my panic as Frank talks. What if this is about my whatever relationship with Erik? I actually like this job and don't think my university degree is a waste.

"For sure." I smile politely to the two men in front of me.

Don't let them intimidate you, you've dealt with worse.

Once everyone clears out of the room and is outside waiting for us, James speaks, "we've seen the work you've done with the band and are very impressed. Who did you work with before joining us?"

"Expode in Boston."

"Very popular marketing company. We would like to offer you a permanent position with the band as their social media manager and would like you to be a part of the process of any future music videos. We've seen the work you've done with the Instagram and we see the creativity. Would this be something you would be interested in?"

I think for a moment before answering, "would I be able to take my own photos of the band, as the photos I'm receiving now are poor quality?"

This could be my chance to get rid of that scum Liam who keeps thinking I'm into him.

"If that is something you would want to do that works for us." Frank says as he shares a look with James, a look of cutting costs by me doing two jobs and only paying for one person.

My father often held that look in his eyes when firing people.

"I would love to then." I smile at them.

Goodbye, Liam.

Edited by GirlReader133