~~

I felt her stir in my arms.

"Aiden?", she murmured.

"Yeah baby?", I answered softly.

"What are you doing here?", she asked sleepily.

"Well, where else would I be?", I replied while hugging her little bit tighter.

"At home?", she replied yawning.

"But you left...", I replied.

She sighed against my chest.

"Did you think I wouldn't come after you?", I asked warily.

"I – I don't know, Aiden. I wasn't sure.", she replied uncertainly.

"I'll always come after you. No matter where you go, I'll always be right behind.", I said reassuringly.

"I don't have a choice...", I added in a low voice.

"What do you mean?", she asked perplexed, looking up from my chest and into my eyes.

'My brown eyed girl', I thought as I smiled, but felt my smile fade as I thought about what was bothering her.

"All the women before – ", I began, "– they meant nothing. I felt nothing with them.
We fucked; and I'd leave the next morning, never to see them again. It was a routine – a routine I needed to at least attempt to feel something; but at the end of it, all I'd feel was emptiness; and just like a habit I couldn't get rid of, I'd do it all over again – hoping to feel something, anything." I said as I gazed into her eyes.

She was looking at me intently, so much so that she had forgotten to blink.

"I don't feel empty anymore, Lesedi. Not since I met you.", I breathed.

"So, I don't have a choice but to follow you wherever you go", I finished, matter-of-factly.

She continued to look into my eyes and I did the same.

I felt her eyes slowly light up and colour return back into her cheeks, "Stalker", she teased as she nestled back into my chest.

"Just yours", I smirked as I kissed the top of her head.

I felt relieved and relaxed – could've stayed like that for hours; knowing that she was safe, next to me and mine...I couldn't have asked for anything more at that moment.

"How come you've never tied me up?", she asked casually, completely out of the blue.

I felt a bit bowled over, unable to react at first.

Gaining composure after a few seconds, I replied, "Is that something you'd like to do?".

She nodded.

"If it's with you", she replied.

Her words sent shivers down my spine; I felt myself harden.

I scanned her room, realizing that this was the first time I had been here.

It had grey walls with a silhouette portrait of Audrey Hepburn hanging on one corner.

Her queen-sized bed had a bright yellow comforter.

Come to think of it, most of her stuff, including her table lamp, her clock, her chair was all well...yellow.

'It's probably her favourite colour', I thought.

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.