Thank You, Mark

Começar do início

Amy keeps ahold of your hand, and with the help of her and Mark, you're taken into a building, up a few flights of stairs, then through a door which someone in the group had to unlock, and after that, it was through a room, and down another flight of stairs.
"Why did I have to go up so many flights of stairs only to come back down another one? This is very disorientating, you could tell me Im in Australia right now and I'd believe you, despite the clear difference in the length of time it would have actually taken for us to get to Australia. Saying that, though, Australia wouldnt be a bad surprise! Actually, fuck that, there's A LOT of spiders there. If we're in Australia, I'd prefer to keep my blindfold on until we're back home, thank you." You ramble out of nothing but anxiety and fear.
From watching Mark's videos, you know that this 'surprise video' could mean literally anything for you, there's no way of telling, and that is a very scary fate you're having to accept.
The group laughs at your words, and all sounds of footsteps halt immediately after, meaning you've reached your destination.
"Alright (Y/N), Im going to take your blindfold off now, and this room is soundproofed, so you can scream, but I want you to keep your eyes closed for a few seconds, ok?" Mark explains.
You nod "Got it, a few more seconds of suspense so that you've got the option of making this a two part series on your channel, ending the first part with a dramatic clip of me about to open my eyes, before the video suddenly stops. We love a predictable cliffhanger."
Tyler laughs "This isnt a Shane Dawson video!"
You point a finger in the general direction you had Tyler's voice come from "Dont you DARE shade my dad!"
Mark unties your blindfold, and you keep your eyes closed as instructed.
You smile slightly as the light hits your closed eyelids "Oh good, there's some sort of light in here, you arent going to leave me in a dark room and throw a bucket of water at me for no reason."
Mark laughs "That's actually not a bad idea! I'll remember that for next time." He takes a deep breath "Ok, you can open in your eyes in three...two...one."
Your eyes flutter open, and you're quick to ru them with your closed fists "Fuck me, the contrast of the pitch black world inside that blindfold and this suddenly bright room has blinded me!"
The group laughs, and you take your hands away from your eyes, blinking rapidly to clear your vision. As soon as you do, the sight in front of you becomes blurry with your tears, as a gasp escapes your lips, and your hands quickly cover your mouth. Standing a few feet away from you, is none other than Ethan Nestor, and you're all standing in his recording room.
Ethan smiles warmly at you "Hi (Y/N)! It's so cool to finally meet you, I've been told so much about you!"
You frown worriedly, still too in shock to say anything.
Ethan chuckles "Dont worry, I've only been told good things! Mark sent me the video of you freaking out when I tweeted you, and I told him I had to meet you, but he said to wait a week for him to plan it all out."
Mark speaks up "All those times we asked you different questions involving Ethan, we recorded them, and, with your permission, we're going to edit all of this together into a really heartwarming video!"
All you can do is nod shakily, Mark and Ethan's words making so much sense, you cant believe you didnt catch on sooner.
Ethan takes a step closer to you "Are you ok?"
The second he asks the question, tears start streaming down your cheeks, and the group behind you releases a united 'awwh' as Ethan pulls you into a hug.
You cling to him, unable to wrap your head around what's going on, or how this happened.
"Why're you crying?" Ethan asks you quietly, so that only you can hear him.
You sniffle "I-I cant believe you can see me."
The group give another simultaneous 'awwh', and Ethan pulls away from you slightly, just enough so you can see him smiling at you.
"And I hope I'll be seeing a lot more of you after this!"
You reflect his smile back at him while wiping tears away from your eyes "I'd love that."
Ethan lets go of you and looks over you, noticing that your entire body is shaking "Are you cold?"
You shake your head "N-No, just trying to hold off a panic attack is all, dont worry."
Ethan's eyes widen, and he's quick to pull you back into his arms "What can I do to help?"
You close your eyes and focus your thoughts on Ethan, rather than your anxieties "Your voice alone has kept me calm countless times before meeting you, but physical contact is the best thing, keeps me grounded, makes me feel safe."
Mark chimes in, having no idea what you and Ethan are murmuring about now "So, you guys wanna grab somethin' to eat?"
You and Ethan jump apart, and you mentally scold yourself, now Ethan's going to feel guilty that he cant continue to calm you down, because you cant just stand still and hug anymore.
"Sure! Where do you wanna eat, (Y/N)?" Ethan asks you curiously, smiling sweetly at you.
You're thoughtful for a moment "I could kill for a hotdog right now."
Amy nods dramatically "I feel that, let's go!"
Ethan agrees "Yeah, sounds good to me!"
The group quickly filters out of Ethan's recording room, you and Ethan being the last ones to make your way to the door.
"Dont worry about me, really, I'll be alright." You try to reassure him, hating the thought of him worrying about you.
Ethan grins at you "I know, I'll make sure of it."
With confusion written all over your countenance, and your heart fluttering at Ethan's care for you, you ascend the stairs into Ethan and Kathryn's apartment. When both you and Ethan reach the stop of the stairs, he runs a hand through his hair, while his other hand intertwines his fingers with yours, as though it's the most casual thing in the world. You slowly turn your head to look at him with wide eyes, and in response, Ethan just beams at you.

"Physical contact, right? Just let go of my hand once you're calm again...or dont."