Chapter Sixteen

Peggy's pov-
I awaken in the same hospital, in the same position and all I can think is 'damn I miss sleeping on my stomach'.

Though I'm yearning for the sweet feel of my face buried deep into a pillow, I feel the soft warm sensation on my hand and look over to my side. I notice my sweet Maria's hand on mine the same position it was in the moment we fell asleep to when I awaken. These are the moments I'm afraid to lose when we get out of this hospital.

With the idea of reality coming to me that this won't last forever, I worry that we won't last forever. Just as fast as that thought crosses my mind, I bury it deep inside of me as if it never existed, yet I still felt the fear I forgot it. I won't be able to keep this relationship long with the possibility Maria doesn't love me like I love her, and don't even get me started on James. But I won't think for now I'll just react.

As I'm deep in thought I feel slight movement on my hand, and hear am tired groan from Maria indicating she's waking up. There's only one thing I can do now. PRETEND TO BE ASLEEP DUH!!!!!! What else would I do? I fall fast asleep ;) as Mar wakes up next to me.

Maria's Mothertrucking POV-
I wake up and notice my hand on top of Peggy's and felt nothing but complete and utter bliss. I love this woman, but it's a public fact she'd never feel the same way about me...right?

But like I mentioned my hand was placed delicately on top of her hand. I pulled it away as quick as possible because she doesn't feel the same way about be, to her I'm probably a charity case. I pray she doesn't feel the swift movement, and sudden chill.

(Peggy: I feel her move away and my heart stinks slightly)

Though Margarita's love and support, and help is the only thing keeping me going, I can't help but be afraid of what James might do. What he might do to me, or Peggy, or even her family, he has no boundaries, he thinks there aren't any lines to cross. The rape, and the harm was only the beginning, I am in definite fear of what he'll do to make his point.

But no matter what I'll be by her side, cause I made a promise to save her on the bus.

Oh hi people❤️ enjoy - Joy