Chapter Nine

Peggys POV

I stared at myself in a third person view, standing at the bottom of a tall building. On top was Maria, and she was about to jump. I wanted to scream, to tell her to stop, to tell her we can get through this together.
I wanted to kiss her, to feel her soft lips against mine, to loose my virginity to her, to embrace her close to my body in the deep hours of the night.
I wanted to save her.
How could I save someone if their already falling? If I'm falling? My heart rate quickened along with the speed of her falling through the sky towards the ground.
I started breathing heavily, tears welled in my eyes-
And I shot up from bed, panting and crying. I looked down to find the bed next to me empty.
"Maria?" I called out quietly.
I heard soft crying coming from the bathroom. I got out of bed and tiptoed my way across the floor to the bathroom, where I opened it to mind none other than a bloodstained Maria with my blade on the ground.
Panic rises in my throat.
"No, no, no, no, no, Maria," I rushed over to her and sank to my knees.
I pulled her into a hug and she cried in my shoulder. We stayed in this position for a shorter period of time than what I would have liked, but she needed me.
I opened the cabinet and took out some gauze. I had a roll and a sheet of it. The cuts went across both arms, crooked and varying in depth. I could tell it was the first time she's ever intentionally cut herself.
I grabbed two bandages and some antibacterial spray and gently pulled her arm towards my body. I sprayed the medicine in her arm and gently wiped it of with one of the sheets of gauze. I repeated the process on the other arm than wrapped both forearms in gauze. Once I secured that I bandaged them.
I kissed her arms gently and hugged her.
"Would you like to tell me what that was about," I asked.
She looked at me sheepishly.
"Would you like to tell my what your screaming was about?"
"What screaming?"
"You were laying in bed screaming and breathing heavily, why?" She asked.
"I would not like to tell you what that was about."
"Tell me your backstory than."
"Fine," I inhaled deeply and started, " when I was ten dad and mom were deployed and mom got killed. Dad came back a new person. Not a good new either. When I was eleven our house burned down due to treason. Also when I was eleven Eliza was kidnapped  and raped. When I was twelve I had a fifteen year old boyfriend who would forcefully make out with me and hit me. When I was thirteen life stayed mellow, mostly stress and being ignored led me to self harm and smoking. When I was fourteen I was hospitalized for attempted suicide, in a medical hospital and a mental hospital. And fifteen, well, here I am, suicidal and gay. Not the happy gay either."
I laughed dryly and Maria stared at me.
"Let's get changed, ya?" I asked, standing up and walking back over to my closet. I grabbed Maria a red nightgown and me a new yellow tank top and gray sweat-pant shorts.
Maria emerged from the bathroom and excepted the clothes, not saying a word.
Once we were changed we got in my bed again and I turned away from her and curled up in a ball. She scotched closer and pulled me into her body.
I fell asleep again rather quickly.

Well that was long! Poor Peggy. Bye I guess?-Em