Chapter Eleven

Maria's POV

I took a shaky breath as I stared at the door in front of me. James's apartment, a whiteboard read on the front of it. I studied the door, the deep crevices in the chestnut wood, the door knob that's missing a screw, the slight bulge toward the center of the door.
The bulge caused by my head. When James knocked me out and left me to, who knows, die? On the inside of the door the wood is splintered and broken. It's a cheap door, not solid, but hollow.
I turned the knob and walked in.
"JJ! I'm ho-"I started but the wind was knocked out of me.
I felt me neck lash backwards and his shoulder go into my stomach. I would've puked if I had had anything to eat in the past twenty four hours.
"Jem," I tried to stutter an explanation for my absence, only to have his grab onto the collar of Peggy's shirt and slams me repetitively into the wall.
"Where"slam"have"slam"you"slam"been!" He yelled.
"Jamey," I coughed up a little blood. That's not good.
"Don't call me that," he spat, elbowing my chest. Hard.
My visioned blurred and tunneled, until all was black.

Peggy's POV

I stared at the dinner table, ignoring my fathers and Eliza's arguments across from me. We weren't eating dinner, but eating our breakfast. Listening to their bickering was nothing new, him telling her she needs a boyfriend, Eliza yelling back, 'I've told you a million times! I'm aromantic!' And the rant from him about it not existing and all that crap.
Angelica was still missing. I missed Maria. I know she went home but she could've stayed for breakfast.
"May I be excused?" I asked suddenly.
"Fine," my father spat quickly before returning to arguing.
I put my dishes and the sink and hurried out the door. I bolted to the garage and hopped on my bike, then peddled. Biking has always had a way of getting me away from self harm tendencies.
I didn't know where I was going. I wanted to be with Maria. The only person who understands me. Sure I've known her for, what, a week? But it feels like I've known her so much longer. We've already been through so much.
Sure enough I found my self at her apartment complex. I chained my bike to the bike stand outside, and walked in. I walked through the first floor, hoping for a sign of her or, I think her boyfriends name is, James. Sure enough on the second floor, there was a sign on an open door. James apartment, it read.
Okay.
I knocked on the doorframe and got no response, so I let my self in. The first thing I noticed was the pool of blood behind the door. Not to far away a bloodstained pair of my leggings and her underwear.
I felt my throats close up at the sight. I saw drips of blood, bloody footprints and handprints leading to the bathroom. I cautiously followed them. Inside almost made me faint.
Maria was in they shower, which was not on, covered in blood and bruises. Sure enough she was missing her undergarments and pants. She was passed out, unconscious, in a coma, I didn't know.
I shakily dialed 911 on my phone. I stuttered the scene before me to them and hung up. The receiver person had something to say but I didn't want to listen.
I sunk to my knees and scooted over to her body. I felt her wrist for a pulse. Nothing. Elbow? Nothing. Neck? Nothing. I started panicking, thinking she was dead. I inhaled deeply and felt her other elbow. A pulse. I let out the breath I was holding.
She's alive.
Now it's only a matter of time until the ambulance gets here.

Jeese James, how much lower can you get!? Raping an unconscious persons body!  Good lord. Bye bye!- Em