Chapter Thirteen

Peggy's POV

Okay. So I probability shouldn't kill him. I could get in trouble. Go to jail. Death sentence. You never know. I thought about it.
Maria sprawled out in the bathtub, head hanging to the side. Some thing happened to her neck. Since I was sitting next to her in a chair holding her bandaged hand, I got a good view of her mechanics brace. She had a breathing mask on and a heart monitor, and many things I couldn't count. This is my fault.
If I hadn't let her go. If I held on that much tighter. If I could love that much more, she would've stayed. I deserved to be in that position. I could put my self in her position.
No, that would be counter productive. I go to a bridge. I jump. Or cut. Or take too many pills.
Or not
Or I could go to the hospital bathroom, into the medical kit, and get a pair of scissors.
That's an easier solution.
So off I went. To be bathroom, obviously. I already had bandages on my wrist so I'll use the gauze from the bathroom. I let my thoughts wander until I ran into somebody.
Holy mother of fuck, it's James Reynolds.
"Dude, what the actually hell," I hissed.
"Excuse me, but who are you," he sneered.
"Your worst nightmare."
"Oh yes, I'm terrified, ah!" He mocked me, " let me go I just want to see my girlfriend."
"You raped her!" I yelled grabbing the attention from several others.
He opened his mouth to deny it, but I was already on him. I socked him in the jaw then quickly hit close to him and kneed his crotch.
He doubled over in pain and I jumped onto his back. He stood up and rammed me into a wall. Cutting gave me a good pain tolerance.  He did this repetitively and I clawed his eyes and hit the with my palms.
Hospital guards were trying to break us up but I was relentless till he he jumped backwards onto me. He turned around and flipped me into my stomach. Me head, back, and neck all hurt like hell.
He grappled the back of my hair and slammed my face repetitively into the ground until the guards finally got him off of me.
Voices around me asked if I was okay, but I couldn't hear. My vision was blurred and I coughed up some blood.
I crawled towards an open window and tried hurling myself out of it, but hands pushed me down and and put me on a stretcher.
The last thing I remembered was a breathing mask over my face and darkness.