Chapter Eight

Maria's Pov
        Peggy takes my hands and leads me up the stairs. I'm still quietly sobbing, what Angelica said about me was harsh. But my breathing is calming down. I mean what Peggy said to Angelica was so amazing. "Are you ok Maria?" Peggy broke me out of my train of thoughts. "What? Oh y-yeah I'm fine" I obviously wasn't fine and, I knew she knew I wasn't fine. " I swear there are a million stairs in your house." Peggy let out a small chuckle. As soon as I said that thank God we reached the top. We hook a quick left and walk down a hallway. At the end of the hallway there was a room, painted a soft light yellow. This must be Peggy's room. It had a bed with a yellow bed spread. It wasn't as light as the walls, it was darker.

          "Ok Maria what do you have to tell me? It better be damn good if you just got yelled at by Angie. I mean Angelica. If it's not that good I promise you I will personally kick your as-" I cut Peggy off since I knew what would be said. "Ok ok ok I get the drift." I said in a defensive way. "No I don't think you get the 'drift',  I just yelled at my SISTER and you just wanted to talk. I just cried CRIED Maria. Do you get that? I cried! Then you started crying a-and i-" "Peggy if you would just let me explain-" "NO! I can't let you explian I just can-" By this point Peggy was all ready tearing up. I cut her off in the middle of her sentence. " I WAS RAPED!, DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT PEGGY? 'CAUSE I DONT THINK YOU DO. YOUR TO BUSY ON YOU HIGH CLOUD OF PERSONALY HELL TO REALIZE A LOT OF PEOPLE LIVE A HELL!" I was shouting and crying now and I was surprised, I didn't mean to shout.

       I watched as Peggy just stood there. Her mouth gaped. "I-i should g-go" I didn't even make it half way out the door before Peggy turned me around and hugged me. We stood there hugging for almost two minutes before I pulled away. "Now Peggy tell me what is wrong with you.

                         Peggy's Pov

          WOW Maria has a way rougher life than me and I treated her like, well shit. "Are you sure you want to her my old story? I would love to know more details about you". I genuinely did want to know more about her, but I also didn't want to tell her my life story the first day we hang out. "Well... When I first started dating James and I were really happy. We went on dates, we held hands, we did all the cutie couple things. I talked to him about my problems. He was my rock, my better half. But then he became a little over protective. Which was totally fine cause we were dating. I wanted him to be over protective. But then he was to over protective. He wouldn't let me talk to any of my freinds, girls or guys. He forced me well in his words "suggested" I moved in with him. The first night of me living there he went out. He was gone for hours, and when he got home he was drunk. He made me have sex with him. No matter how many times I said no he made me. Now when ever he's mad he'll hit me. Or when he's stressed he rapes me. I'm to scared to break up with him and I'm afraid what he'll do if I do. I- I lost my virginity to that asshole." I can't believe I ever thought she was a slut. Or that anyone thinks she's a slut. She isn't, she isn't a slut at all. Maria was now sobbing. She slumped onto my bed and held her head. "Maria it's ok. I know you lost your v-card to him and I'm extremely sorry, but he's not worth your tears." I go over to Maria and sit next to her. I slowly rubbed circles on her back. 'Note to self kick James Reynolds ass.'
"Maria I don't want you to stay with him. He's dangerous. Your staying with me tonight" I was defeintly not going to let her stay with that asshole "Peggy no! I can't James will get mad, really really extremely mad if he finds out, or if I'm not home." Maria shot up in protest. "Maria sit back down. I'm not letting you be in the same room with that asshole, if its the last thing I do. I have some pajamas you can borrow. I'll show you to the guest bedr-" "Peggy c-can I sleep her tonight? With you?" Maria still looked good with running mascara, and red puffy eyes. "O-of course you can." I walk over to my dresser and go into the last drawer. I fetch the first pair of pjs I see, then realize it was my yellow onesie with black stars everywhere. I had to put that back quickly and pick the second pair I saw. Black shorts that reach your thigh and a red long sleeve shirt. She levees the room so I can change, she changes in the bathroom. She comes back and I hit the lights. We hop into bed and oddly enough quickly drift off to sleep.

So this is the chapter. I fell like its pure crap. Fun fact: I wrote most (basically all) of this on the bus. I really had fun writing this actually. And to one of my friend (not nameing names) who rides my bus if you do read this... Hey. I hope all of you liked this chapter and the book over all.
          ~Joy