Chapter 7 - Dinner

Leah

On our way back to the house I started thinking of what to prepare for dinner tonight and without any idea of what to make Mackenzie suggested that I need to prepare her favorite dish of pasta and I think she is lying to me just to make her dad happy with his favorite dish because I know she does not like pasta to much.

I didn't even bother fighting with her because she lied to me so I just went and started chopping and preparing for my famous Pesto pasta with free range chicken courgette and peppers, easy yet extremely delicious and healthy.

While I was busy chopping the peppers I heard the front bell rang and after that loud footsteps of Mackenzie running down the stairs just to open for her dad. I knew that he will be arriving earlier today and not the time that I asked him to.

I heard him talking to Mackenzie and she said that she needs to finish her homework and get ready for dinner, Mackenzie always does her homework first and I am so glad I don't have to beg her to get it done. She asked her dad to please join me in the kitchen.

"Hi Darling I don't hope you mind me dropping by earlier, I brought some of your favorite red wine just in case you didn't have any I know you like a glass of wine while having dinner." He smiled and placed the wine on the kitchen counter.

"Halo Kayden, please don't call me that my name is Leah last time I checked, thank you for the wine you shouldn't have and we will be having dinner in a halve an hour." I know I don't have to be so bitchy but I can't help it, it just slips out sometimes I know I have to try harder.

He raised his arms up in surrender "I am sorry I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable and don't stress about the wine it was no trouble. Let me get some glasses and then I can help with anything if you would like me to "He said and I can see he is a bit tense.

I gave a quick laugh because of his statement, "When did you start helping in the kitchen I thought you hate being in a kitchen?"

"I actually enjoy being in the kitchen now, I took some classes and now I prefer to make my own food but I don't think it is as good as all of your food everything you prepare is always amazing!"

He placed the glass of wine next to me and his hand carefully brushed my hand and let me tell you my body felt tingles all over when he touches me.

"Thank you for the wine Kayden and if you want to can help me prepare the dinner table" I asked with a kind smile

"I can do that for you muffin you can continue with the food, don't stress I have it under control." He said and walked off with a smile.

I don't know what to feel he makes everything seems fine and that nothing happened I don't know what to do anymore and I think it is time to sit back and talk about this, we can't just move on without having that discussion and I think I am going to ask him about it right after dinner when Mackenzie gets ready for bed I don't want her to hear anything.

We had a wonderful dinner and everything went extremely well I thought that we were going to fight but it was perfect and I almost forgot that I wanted to talk to him about everything.

Mackenzie had a blast with her dad and they looked so happy and enjoying dinner and she made sure to tell her dad that she was the one suggesting to make his favorite meal, she wanted him to come over allot more and I was just in my own little world didn't even realize that I agreed for him to have dinner more often.

After dinner I started cleaning up and Kayden actually helped me to clean and wash the dishes even Mackenzie was helping to get everything clean and that was a bit of a shock because she hates cleaning.

We were sitting in the lounge drinking wine and have a good time, everything went well today and I enjoyed it, Mackenzie passed out on her father's lap and he just went upstairs to get her to bed, I was starting to over think of how I am going to ads him what went wrong with us and I think I am going to chicken out.

I heard him walking down the stairs and talking on his phone I wonder who he is speaking to this time of night it is already past 11 pm. Stop it Leah! He is a free man and he can speak to anyone at any time he wants! I mentally slapped myself to stop getting jealous of a man that is no longer mine.

I shifted on my couch just to make it look like I was not trying to listen to who he is speaking to on his phone call.

"I am so sorry Leah I have to get going I need to sign a few documents and send them off to China before they close the deal with someone else". He said and looked angry because he had to leave a just to think I was going to get the chance to speak to him.

"That's okay I geese I actually wanted to speak to you and get a few things of my chest Kayden so that we can get past this and move on." It sounded like I was asking permission.

"I see, that's fine Leah I will sign the documents in the morning let's have a seat and talk muffin. "He said and sounded on edge.

"No you are going to make me feel bad now Kayden go and sign the documents it is more important now we can have a chat another day it can wait. "I said and smiled at him

"I don't think you understand Leah you and Mackenzie always comes first and will always come first in my life and I learned that over the last year and I was stupid for choosing work over my family! "He said and wiped the tear of my cheek that I didn't realize was there.

"Kayden you can come back if you are done and then we can have a decent conversation, Go I will wait up for you and here is my new number you can give me a call when you can't make it." I said and handed him my card with my cell number.

"Fine but only because you asked me to go, I will be back I promise." he promised me and then left for work to sign the documents.

" he promised me and then left for work to sign the documents