Chapter 4- Extreme challenge of seeing him again

Leah

The weeks went by as a complete blur and everything went smoothly with the new contract and I think that Gary will give me more of these big contracts to handle in the future because now he actually know what I Leah McGregor are capable of.

I am currently on my way to Jayden's office to let him sign the last documents while going through the building for an inspection.

Traffic was at least not too bad today and I made it to his building in and half an hour, "Good morning Phil".i greeted the nice old security guard at the door on my way inside the building

"Morning Darling and how are you this fine day?"

"Good thank you for asking just on my way to do the last checkup"

"Well I am going to miss you very much darling you are by far the sweetest in this whole entire building".

"Thank you so much and no you are the sweetest I am going to miss you as well".

I as I got to Jaden's office I see him busy typing away on his laptop, looks like someone is extremely busy I just hope he remembered our schedule for today. I need to get everything done today so that I can start with my new projects.

"Morning Jayden, how are you today? "I asked while looking at him

"Well this is a good surprise Leah I was not expecting to see you today. "Why did that sound like a question more than a statement?

"I actually made an appointment with your assistant at the front desk to make sure we can have the documents signed today and then I will do my last checkup".

I do apologies Leah I think I might off forgotten about the meeting but it is no problem we can continue today, I will have to ask you if we will be able to have all this documents sighed in my office? We are expecting to have an important Director over today and he will be using the boardroom."

"That will be fine, we can start with the documents and then we can have a quick walk through the building to make sure everything is in order".

We started to sign the documents and half way through he got an important call to take and said to me that I can start going through the building because he will take a few minutes, I just nodded and walked out of his office.

A few minutes when by and then a hour and soon I had done the complete check all by myself and am extremely happy so I'll just go to his office and greet to leave because this day has turned out to be exhausting especially when I did all of the work of going through the processes again.

I knocked on his door and heard a two different voices that sound familiar, "Come in". Jayden announced and I as I walked in the room and saw who the guest was I froze right on the spot I couldn't move a muscle.

"Hallo Leah, it is very nice to see you again "he actually smiled and I really can't do this, it's too soon, so I turned around and ran to the elevator to get an escape for Kayden. I wasn't expecting to see him ever again because I knew how much it will hurt.

"Leah! Stop I just want to talk! "He shouted and I just ignore him.

I got to the elevator and as it went close he just got there in time, sometimes I think that this universe is against me and tying to embarrass me in every way possible. He got into the elevator and stared at me and suddenly he pushed the stop button so that the elevator wouldn't move for that spot and I feel the tears starting to run down my face.

I can't do this now Kayden! "I said first and tried to push the button to move and he just blocked me.

"Leah just stop breath and talk to me for a minute please! "He said trying to calm me.

I don't know what he wants and I really don't want to find out, but I am in a tight spot now so I have to listen. "What do you want Kayden I don't have time to talk and I need to get to Mackenzie."

"I just wanted to tell you, you look very nice and I miss you and Mackenzie. Would like to catch up some time? I really changed and I need to show you guys that I am a better person now"

"Are you kidding me right now? Seriously telling me I look nice and you miss us! I am not the once who gave up on us! "I shouted and I can see the defeat in his eyes.

"I know and I am sorry I want to make things right for Mackenzie's sake".

Shocked is an understatement right now! I don't know how to deal with his bulls**t."You are shellfish bastard and I thought you changed, well looks like I am wrong again! Just let me go I need to go to Mackenzie. 'I actually sounded calm but inside I am screaming with outrage.

He just stared at me for a few minutes and then pressed the button to let me go, I just turned around and walked out the elevator not even thinking about looking back. "I really am sorry Leah and I want to be there for you guys". He said and I can actually hear that he is honest but I won't fall for it again.

Today's moments replayed in my mind over and over again, looks like I am not going to get any sleep tonight.

I settled myself on the sofa and scrolled through Netflix to get my mind off things. After a while I strolled to my bed feeling drained of emotions and just want to take a nice long bath and sleep everything away. 
...................................................

Please help me grow ♥️

buymeacoffee.com/?via=Monicanaude

com/?via=Monicanaude