Epilogue

3 months later.

"Jayyyyy." I pouted as he worked with setting up the camera. He popped up from behind it and ran over to me. "Do I have to do this? I feel so ugly right now." He smiled warmly and kissed my forehead.

"You know I'd never make you do anything you didn't want to." I felt relieved until he stopped to sniff the air. "But your mother will and they just got here.." he said running away to go greet them. Ugh. It made me sick how much my family loved Jay and accepted him so quickly. They love him more than me I swear.

My family came to visit every Sunday. It felt odd. I wanted to see them all the time like I did.. back then. Honestly I'd been fighting for awhile. I didn't want this to become a normality for me. I wanted to hold out as best I can. Incase I one day.. saw Ethan. My wolf undoubtedly loved Jay. Unconditionally. Even I liked him. He was a great guy. Treats me so well. Takes care of me. But I just haven't felt the same since Ethan left.

"Hi baby!" My mom said bringing me into a hug. "How are you feeling? I heard you've been sick." She said sprouting a frown. I smiled back at her reassuringly.

"I'm okay for right now. It comes and goes honestly. But I think it's getting better."

"Well you'd better not be contagious." She joked.

Oh trust me, I'm not.

I'd known I was pregnant for almost two months now. Something in me couldn't bring myself to tell Jay. It was hard not thinking about it around him. I found myself having to distract myself constantly Incase he happened to be reading my thoughts.

"Hey lil bro!" Ash said pulling me into a hug. Our relationship had improved so much since we both left the house. I guess we really jus need space for each other. "Jeez Cade! They are feeding you WELL here. I never thought I'd see the day that you gained a single pound. But look at you now. All filled out."

Yeah, it's the food. We'll go with that.

"Okay picture time!" Jay yelled and the twins rushed over to the couch positioned perfectly center to the camera. I sighed and followed them to my spot. We took our positions but just as the photo was about to be snapped I felt sick and doubled over. I clutched my stomach in one hand and covered my mouth with my other as i ran towards the bathroom to throw up.

Again.

I quickly brushed my teeth, hands, and face before Jay came in to check on me. He knocked lightly on the door.

"I just don't understand baby. No one else is sick. I've been around you every day and I'm completely fine. Maybe we should take you to the doctors tomorrow." I shook my head walking to him, taking his hand and leading him out of the bathroom.

"I guess this is as good of a time as ever since the whole family is here." I mumbled. I held Jays hand tightly while we approached the rest of the family.

"Hey munchkin. How you feeling?" My mom smiled placing her hand on my forehead. "No fever so that's a good sign."

"No, I don't have a fever and I'm not sick." I sighed and turned to face Jay who was looking at me curiously. "Oh and I'm not fat either." I said shooting a quick glare at Ashlynn. "I'm pregnant." I heard a few cheers and congratulations in the background but I was only focused on Jays reaction.

"Really?" He asked. I nodded kind of half interested. I should be excited but.. this just isn't where I expected to be in life and it's not that I'm disappointed but I'm just lost. Having a child with Jay, when only a few short months ago I was engaged to another man.. a man I'm still very much in love with.. it just seems wrong. But on the other hand it feels right. "This is the best day of my life! Can I?" He asked excitedly. I nodded again and he pressed his hand to my slightly bulging abdomen. "I'm going to be a dad." He smiled up at me but I could only give him a half smile back. I felt depressed.