Chapter 3

Chapter 3!
Vote Comment Fan
Picture is Caden

Recap--

I woke up in the same position I fell asleep. Ethan was already awake.
"Good morning." He said while stretching, his was was scratchy from sleep. I put my head back down on his chest.
"I never want to wake up." I pouted. He grabbed my chin and tilted it towards his face.
"Don't ever say that. You're so important Caden." Ethan's eyes were wide as he talked to me. "Maybe we should call in today.. I don't want you walking around or having to sit In those hard chairs for long periods of time." The thought did sound pretty horrific.
"Okay." I mumbled resting my head back down and falling asleep again.

****dream****

I was walking in a field on a bright, sunny day. There was someone standing off in the distance. I walked towards the person and tapped their shoulder. Ethan spun around revealing his pearly white smile. It made me feel warm and fuzzy. He picked me up and I wrapped my legs around his waist like a girl. He caressed my cheek lightly before pulling me down to him and connecting our lips.

**** end ****

"Caden??" I heard through my sleep. "Hey wake up."
I stared at Ethan as if he was from a different planet. What. Kind. Of. Dream. Was. That. There is no reason I should be having dreams about kissing my best friend like that. He's a guy. And at the moment I hate all men. With the exception of Ethan...

"Why are you staring at me like that?" He asked. His voice snapped me out of my thoughts and I burned red.
"I- um..."
"Are you feeling okay?" His warm hand pressed to my forehead.
"Yea I'm fine," I replied. "I just had a bad dream is all.." I have a faked half smile.
"Well as much as I'd love to lay in bed and cuddle you all day, I have something better in mind!" He said excitedly. My face burned again. Had I really been 'cuddling' Ethan? I guess when I look at it that way... I suddenly felt sick.
Ethan leaned his forehead against mine.

"I need to get you out of your own mind." He whispered, his voice deep and raspy. It sent chills down my spine. What is wrong with me.. I'm a sicko. I don't want to be like that guy..
"Why don't you go get ready, and we'll go do something fun? Hmm? Okay good." He said quick and popping a friendly kiss on my cheek. But even that turned me deep red. He got up and went to go take a shower downstairs. I sat there in my own stupor with my fingers tracing my lips, where Ethan had kissed in my dream. I shook my head forcing the thought away and went to go get cleaned up.

End recap--

Ethan drove to Lurella's a local café in town. We sat down to eat and the waitress followed up our orders.
"Are you sure all you want is a salad? Really get anything you want Caden." Ethan said assuringly.
"I'm positive, but thanks anyways."
"He's not a rabbit, he'll have the Chicken Marsala." He said to the bubble-gummy waitress. My eyes shot open wide.
"But-" "I know you're too polite to order what you really want, but you're also to polite to reject food that's offered to you so you will eat it and love it and never order a salad again." He smirked. The lady took our menus and I sulked.
"Cheer up buttercup, we have a big day ahead of us!" He said with a smile. Oh no.. What did he have planned in the crazy head of his?

After being stuffed full of chicken, mushrooms and potatoes, I waddled out to the car while Ethan was inside paying the bill. I fumbled with the keys Ethan gave me trying to find the right one when I heard a high pitched giggle.

"What about your boyfriend?" I heard come from a male voice.

"He's home sick no worries." I knew that voice anywhere. Serena had her sleazy body wrapped around an older looking guy who was locking up a bright yellow sports car. The two of them walked towards the restaurant doors. I watched in agony as they opened the door and Ethan was standing there in the entry way. Serena pushed the guy away from her.
"EW get off me you creep!" She yelled and slapped the guy. Ethan's state focused in on the guy. Though he was older, Ethan's well built figured towered over the man. He picked him up by the front of the shirt and brought his arm back.