Chapter 18

It'ssssssss GO TIME! More Chapters are also on their way so make sure to follow me and turn on notifications if you haven't already so that you can be notified every time I post an update. Also, now that we're officially over 80k reads strong I'm going to start dedicating chapters! So if you want a chance to appear in the intro of the upcoming chapters post your best "Dad Joke" in the comments and ill pick one to feature in the next update! But without further ado, chapter 18.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

We were three days into our little 'family reunion' and the tension between Ethan and Peter was thick enough to be cut with a knife. They were constantly getting into little fights of who was better at what and honestly it was driving me crazy. It was like watching two toddlers fight over some shiny new toy. Currently, we were sitting on the beach and me and Ashlynn were chatting away about school.

"I'll go get some more firewood for later tonight." Peter said standing up and brushing sand off himself. Ethan shot up from his spot.

"Don't worry about it bro, I'll go get it." He said with a sickly fake smile.

"Nahhh, I'll go get it. I can carry more." Peter challenged. Ethan's face fell into a cold glare.

"I doubt that." Ethan said stepping forward and letting his tall stature tower over Peter's.

"Don't doubt things you aren't sure of." Peter retorted stepping in so that they were both in each other's faces. Just then my mom and dad came walking over with a basket filled with wood. Ethan and Peter both blinked in stupor. I rolled my eyes. Gosh, they were really starting to get on my nerves.

"So," My mom started cheerfully. "How does hamburgers and hot dogs over the fire sound for tonight?" My stomach grumbled at the thought of any kind of food. I skipped breakfast to sleep in and now I'm really regretting it. Ethan put his hand on my stomach having read my thoughts.

"I'll go get you a snack." He whispered into my neck. I smiled up at him and watched as he walked back towards the cabin. Regardless of the childishness.. I'm so lucky.

I was snapped out of my daze when Ashlynn stood and stretched.

"I'm burning hot, do you wanna take a dip?" She asked. I nodded and she tied her hair up before we headed down to the shore line. The water was so blue and it melted perfectly with the warm sunset and the white sand. I pressed my foot into the cool water and then the other, letting the clear liquid envelope my fair skin. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I could get used to this.. Suddenly, I felt my feet leave the refreshing water and float up into the air. I opened my eyes and noticed I was in Peter's arms being cradled. I squirmed in reaction to get out but he held on tighter.

"Let me carry you out." He said. I furrowed my brows at him knowing he was pressing certain boundaries. He started wading us out to the water. I felt the coldness on my back first, then the rest of my body when he set me down in the chest deep water. He looked at me and pressed his hand against my cheek.

"Wh-what are you doing Peter?" I stuttered now nervous. He just kept looking into my eyes until I seen his eyes flick down to my lips. What the hell is he going to do??? I swallowed the lump in my throat and I seen his eyes begin to close and his face advance towards mine. I put my hand on his chest stopping him before once again trying to get away from his grasp. Running out of ideas. I called for Ashlynn. She looked my way and made her way over to us. I felt his grasp on my wrist let go and I silently thanked the heavens because I don't know what else I could have done.

"Caden!" Ethan shouted from the shoreline. My body sparked at the sound of his voice and I turned to look at him holding a basket in the air. I smiled and jogged through the water to him.