Chapter 22

Let's just dive right into it since it's been awhile since the last update. Don't forget to vote comment and fan! And if you haven't already click the follow button to be notified every time a new chapter is posted!

It had been two months since wed said goodbye to my father and Peter. The end of the school year was coming and that meant that Ethan was graduating soon. The thought made me nervous. What would happen if Ethan went off to college? Would he stay faithful to me? I worried about that a lot. I knew in my heart that Ethan would never betray me but something in my gut kept holding me back from fully trusting him. We'd decided to withhold the engagement announcement from our friends until I was done with school next year just Incase it creates any drama.

If you're wondering, I'm not pregnant. I decided that maybe it was best to wait until after graduation to try, I was just in the moment the night during the full moon. It still is so foreign and strange to me that it's even possible but honestly I'm pretty happy that it is.

Ethan was a little upset when I said I'd wanted to wait to have children but he understood. I hated seeing the look on his face though when I'd mentioned it. He looked so disappointed.

Currently we were on our way to the beach in Ethan's fancy new white and black leather Jeep so graciously provided by Mr. Moore. Ethan and his dad maintained a relationship sort of under his mother's nose. I was often curious about her. But I was scared to bring it up. Maybe it had been long enough, should I ask about it?

"Hey, E?" I asked nervously.

"Yeah babe?" He looked towards me flashing his perfect white teeth. Ethan's hair blew softly in the wind and batted across his tanned skinned. I was so jealous of him. Always looking so perfect. While I sit here looking like a piece of pre-chewed gum.

"You were born a werewolf right?"

"Yeah I was."

"So both of your parents are werwolves yeah? And they're mates?" I questioned. He nodded but I felt him get a tiny bit tense at the subject. "Um never mind it can wait." I said quickly changing my mind.

"Aw nah, come on go ahead. What is it?" He laced our fingers and kissed my hand. I glanced to my bare ring finger. I missed wearing my ring.

"I was just wondering why, if your mother knows what it's like, having a mate and all... why doesn't she understand us? For us, it's not a choice though I'd still choose you 100 times over. But we were destined to be together right? So why doesn't she understand?" We pulled into the beach parking lot and Ethan sighed shutting off the engine and turned to me.

"You're.. an oddity Caden. Don't take that the wrong way, it's just that people like you don't exist in our world very often. Because you're a male but you give off hormones like a female, you're able to be in heat like a female, and bare children much like a female. But that's not something that's common Caden. There's probably only a handful of people like you. It's why my mom never fully accepted you because we've all known from the beginning but until you reached maturity this year we didn't know to what extent it would be I guess. My mom was scared I'd mate you just out of pure instinctual reflex since I "didn't have a mate" kind of like how Peter tried to claim you for his own. She warned me all the time and didn't like you staying over or me staying over there. She didn't know we'd actually become mates. I never told her you were the one all these years even though I've known for so long. Maybe that's my fault. Maybe she'd have had time to accept it by now.. basically she's probably asking herself 'why does this happen to us' because it's just uncommon and even though she knows it's beyond us it's still like a 1 in a million chance you know..?" he trailed off. I didn't really know what to say.