Chapter 28

And so the story goes on!
Remember to VCF and # your fav couple in the comments.

Over the last few days, things have been anything but exciting. I've been so on edge and so anxious awaiting today. Jay has done his best to give me my space and be understanding. I really appreciate it.. especially today because it's finally come, Ethan's trial. I couldn't contain myself. I wasn't ready to watch Ethan be taken away even after what happened the last time I saw him. I was currently standing outside the big wooden doors to the room. Jay came beside me and gently put a hand on my shoulder.

"I'm so sorry that you're stuck in the whole qmiddle of this Caden. I should have pursued finding you sooner. This all could have been avoided."

Somehow I feel like that isn't true.. I just nodded and braced myself to enter the room. Jay rubbed my arm reassuringly and placed a chaste kiss on my lips. Though I didn't want to admit it, especially at a time like this; his kiss gave me the courage to enter into the trial room when the doors opened. It was identical to a modern courtroom besides the fact that instead of a seat for one judge, there were four seats for the previous alpha and Luna, and the current alpha and Luna. Apart from that, a "jury" section for 10 dominants, 10 subs, and 5 spots for Omegas.

I took my seat beside Jay. I didn't like it. It felt like we were center of attention. That was until Ethan walked in. Immediately we locked eyes and he sent me a sympathetic look.

"Caden-" he started but was hushed by the bailiff who took him to his seat. He didn't take his eyes off me the entire time. I felt like a traitor sitting here with Jay and his family. But yet everything else inside me told me I was right where I should be. I was a conflicted.

"Ethan Moore. You are being tried for multiple offenses, including falsifying mateship, non consensual mateship; this including a human counterpart, using force on a human and various other counts of assault on humans. Before we begin do you have anything to say?" The previous Alpha spoke. Ethan stood and cleared his throat. He turned to face me.

"Id like to address Caden. My mate, my best friend, my fiancé... I'd just like to say that I'm so sorry. For everything. My actions are what lead us here and that's my pill to swallow now. I never meant to bring you into this mess. I'm just so-" he stopped to take a deep breath to stop from crying. "I'm just so in love with you. I made so many dumb decisions in hopes that it would bring us closer that I didn't stop to think of the consequences that might come with it. Also, Deena." He said shifting his attention to the middle of the seated area.

"I don't even want to know the kind of pain I've caused you. I'm sorry that my selfish actions have taken a toll on your wellbeing. I wish things were different." With that, he sat back down. The alpha stood again.

"Trial Begun."

After a few hours of hearing Ethan's full story and Deenas testimonial as well the Alphas called for break. It was.. hard listening to Ethan's side. Every raw and unfiltered view point that he's had of our relationship and about me. He really loves me. It's just hard thinking that a huge pierce of you might have to leave and never come back. I don't know what I'd do. Ethan is the only thing I've ever known. I know everything about him he knows everything about me. I gave him everything as well. He was my first kiss, my first boyfriend, I lost my virginity to him. Well, for the most part. The virginity that I CHOSE to give. I let a tear slide down when I remembered the other day when Ethan tried to..

I let out a deep sigh.

Someone tapped my shoulder bringing me out of my thoughts. Jay was standing there holding two containers of food. He handed one to me and I took it putting it in my lap. Honestly I wasn't hungry. I hadn't been lately. He was looking at me with a playful glare. He looked very handsome in his all black suit which matches his shiny black hair.