Chapter 21

Kinda getting too lazy to do intros to every chapter so YOU SHOULD KNOW THE DRILL BY NOW RIGHT?! OKAY THANKS LOVE YOU GUYS.

(Vote comment fan) 💕

The next morning everything was oddly silent. Yet we were leaving today. Me and Ethan had everything packed and ready to go and so did everyone else. I still hadn't talked to my parents about what happened. I was especially nervous to face my mom, who didn't deserve to have had so many secrets kept from her.

"B-boys?" My mom called from the bottom of the old wooden stairs. I looked at Ethan and sighed.

"Coming!" I called out, but the fear was present in my voice. I walked into the bathroom to splash cold water on my face and I realized how I recognized myself a bit more today. I looked a lot more like myself with my cheeks having filled out, my eyes a tad bigger, my hair having turned back to its normal shade. I thought to question Ethan about it.

"E, why do werewolves change so much in looks all the time?"

"I thought you might ask about that eventually. It's a little complicated." He said picking up both of our bags and slinging them over his shoulder effortlessly. "When you are unmated, it depends a lot on your mood, your hormones, your wolf, and you're environment. All of these things can influence your appearance believe it or not. Like let's say you live in Alaska where it's dark and cold for a good portion of the year. You might have paler skin, gain a few pounds and your body hair might get a bit crazy. Or hair will grow longer. Because your wolfs instincts say that would be the best for hunting in that environment. But the same wolf can look different the next day let's say if they're in heat. Their body will burn the extra fat, eyes might turn a little darker, jaw a little sharper, hair more manageable. In order to attract a mate. The changes are very subtle. Unnoticeable to the untrained eye. Almost impossible to see if you're not looking." He walked to me and kissed my mark. "When you're mated though, with the only exception being during a full moon; your appearance is to your mates General liking. During a full moon however when were the closest with our wolves it's to their liking. Like for me, I just love you how you are and have always been. My wolf however prefers someone a tad bit more malleable. Only because he doesn't want to hurt you though." I nodded in understanding.

"We'd better go."

We headed downstairs and I felt the nervousness bubble up inside me. My mom and dad were standing by the front door making small talk, my siblings and peter were in the living room on their phones/ game devices but the room was silent when we walked in and my cheeks immediately burned up.

I cleared my throat and walked to my mom.

"You probably have a lot of questions." I started but my mom shook her head.

"Well.. Actually, your father filled me in on most of it. He told me about meeting Margaret, Peter's mother after the twins were born and how he felt like he was in love with her instantly. How she told him that she was a werewolf and he thought she was crazy." They both stopped to laugh. "But they were mates and were destined to be together and that's why he had to stay with her."

"It's true." My father chimed in. "I understand now why it took so long for me to find Margaret, because if I had met her when I was young, you guys would have never been born, and you and Ethan would have never met. Everything happens for a reason. I'm so happy for you two honestly. It's a very special thing what you two have." Me and Ethan shared and look and smiled. He came behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist, codling my stomach before resting his head on my shoulder.

I saw Peter's uneasy glance at us. He sighed and stood up walking over to us and Ethan immediately pushed me behind him and stood a foot between Peter and I.