Chapter 24

You guys really pulled through and showed your support last chapter so I'm hoping we can keep rolling with that because your guys feed back is the reason behind my continuing to update!

VOTE COMMENT FAN!

School was officially over and this weekend me and Ethan were moving into our new house. Luckily for me it was only about 15 minutes out of town so the drive into school next year wouldn't be too bad. I was nervous but very excited. My mom of course let me have special permission to move in with Ethan so long as we promised to come over for Sunday brunch every week.

Currently, Ethan and I were driving out to the house. I hadn't seen it in person yet and I asked him to take me there. He pulled out onto a dirt road about ten minutes into our trip and I saw a sign for Topaz Lake. It was one of my favorites. The water was so blue and always so clean and free of algae. I could see the heavy brush that surrounded the big white and yellow House as we neared.

The gravel crunched beneath the tires as Ethan pulled into the driveway. The first thing I noticed was the huge lush green pasture that was surrounded by pure white fencing.

"That's where we can keep your horses. Also there's a stable over there." Ethan said pouting directly ahead of us. I looked at the mint condition pale wooden stable. I was huge! Plenty enough for 5 or more horses atleast. I couldn't wait to see inside. Next I looked to the left of it and saw a great big barn. You could tell it was built around the same time as the house, in comparison to the new fencing and stable it looked weathered but it was actually in great condition. The house was even more maintained, with a flawless light yellow paint job, a bright white porch, stunning landscaping and you can tell they recently re did the pavement in the driveway. As for the barn, Some of the paint was chipped and some boards were loose but it still looked very sturdy for being built most likely 100 or so years ago.

"Hey Ethan? When was this home built?"

"1912. A farmer and his wife had it built to start their family. From there his son and his sons wife took over the home and their children ect.. the original owners are buried here in the backyard. Hope that doesn't bother you." He said nonchalantly while pulling into the driveway.

"UM WHAT?!" I yelled. He chuckled grabbing my hand and kissing it.

"I'm joking." My stomach relaxed with his words. I swear he's going to give me a heart attack one day. "Wanna see the inside?" He asked and we got out walking up the steps of the big porch. It was beautiful. Everything id ever dreamed of. Ethan unlocked the door and we walked inside. I gasped. They'd DEFINITELY done some updating since 1912.

"You like it?" He whispered in my ear.

"I love it Ethan. It's really ours? You mean it?" I said hugging him tightly. He buried his face in my neck.

"Yes, finally."

After the tour of the downstairs of the house and also the stable, which was just as equally amazing; we walked a trail behind the house to the beach Ethan had told me about. I couldn't take my eyes off it. It was absolutely stunning. Small, and private. Perfect for us. The water like I'd said, was so blue it took your breath away.

I sat down In the cool white sand and dug my feet into it. How is the even me right now? I never deserved this kind life. Ethan came and sat behind me, pulling my back to him. He wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed my neck gently.

"One day i-in the future.. maybe we can bring our k-kids here.. BUT OF COURSE ONLY W-WITH LIFE JACKETS AND FLOATIES AND AFTER SWIMMING LESSONS! A-AND UNDER OUR CLOSE SUPERVISION" He blurted out looking at me with a red face. I've never seen Ethan like this before. He's always so calm and collected. But it seems like whenever children get brought up he can't seem to keep it together.