Chapter:37

"Wait," that's when Orianna's angry red eyes landed on me. Her eyes were filled with rage and fury and it was now pointed in my direction.

"So you're Aspen's mother?" I turned my gaze away from Orianna's and back to inside the cell.

"Yes." She replied back curtly.

"You're not my mother right?"

"Correct."

"Why are you asking her all these questions like she deserves another second to live. I know she's not my mother, so why are you waiting to kill her?" Orianna snapped. I had never seen her so mad in my life.

I was going to tell the guards to kill her, then my gaze landed on Aspen. Thick tears dripped from her eyes with a constant flow. I had never seen her cry since we were little kids. The pain that reflected in her green eyes was burning me with sadness.

She kept mouthing a shakey 'please'. She wanted to keep her mother alive. Me being her brother, would feel extremely guilty if I just cut off her mother's neck because Orianna was angry. I couldn't and I wouldn't. I would never tear a mother away from her child in such a cruel way. Orianna would be pissed, but after all... she was speaking from a place of anger and hatred, so her opinions were bias. I knew she would instantly regret it once she saw how broken Aspen was.

"No." It slipped from my mouth with ease and confidence.

"No?" Orianna snarled back.

"No, we're not killing her today or ever. The statement is final, so don't try fighting with me on it." I heard Aspen sigh in relief and Orianna sighed in anger. Being an Alpha wasn't meant to please everybody, it was to make the best decision in hard situations and that's exactly what I did.

"Orianna, come." I held out my hand, but she didn't grasp onto it. She just sped in front of me and kept going without looking back.

****************

We had somehow made it into my old bedroom, which hadn't change since I left. I wanted to look around and think about all the good memories surrounding by this room, but I couldn't. I had to continue to have an unnecessary argument with my stubborn and upset mate.

"I don't get your logic; that woman is evil and she deserves to be dead right now. I don't care how cruel it is... she never stopped to think about how what she was doing was cruel, too. She doesn't deserve our sympathy and you're giving it to her and giving her exactly what she wanted." Orianna had been yelling the whole way here and continued to yell when we got inside the room. "You literally almost killed 20 people out on the field and now you're scared to kill just one person. I'm really not getting your point to keep her alive."

"You know I had no choice but to kill them. They were a threat to you, my pack, and I, so they had to die." I argued. I was just trying to get her to see my point, but her mind was so clouded with anger that it would be hard for me to get anything across to her.

My head was starting to throb and my patience was quickly running out. It was suppose to be a good day, but Orianna wants to spend it focusing on something so irrelevant and unimportant. She was blinded by her rage, which was making me upset because she needed to stay levelheaded if she wanted to be a Luna, but she was putting too much of her own feelings into this.