Chapter:34

"Who's that?" Akai whispered into my ear.

"My mother." I said back, watching his face lift in surprise and shock. "I felt the same way as you when I first saw her."

"But how?" I just shrugged my shoulders and turned back to my mother.

"This is going to be easier than I thought." My mother smiled to herself, then she went down the rest of the stairs. "Wow, you're sweet and cute, I almost feel bad for killing you and taking you and your Dad's pack." She eyed him up and down, then she gestured for us to come into the living room. "Don't be scared, invite your mate in." I let out a long sigh before I grabbed Akai's hand and brought him into the house.

My mother closed the door behind us, then she followed us into the living room with a big smile on her face. You would think it was because her daughter had found her mate and was happy, but no, it was because she was literally about to kill him and use me. Fun.

"We should probably talk. I don't want stuff to just start happening and you're all confused, so I'll get you caught up. It's real simple and straight to the point." My mother sat in one of the chairs, while me and Akai stayed standing.

She cleared her throat, then she told us to sit down and get comfortable. Akai was beyond confused at my weird behavior, but I could barely look him in the eye, let alone tell him he just walked into his own death trap. We both reluctantly sat down and watched my mother closely.

"Wow, I never thought this day would come... me meeting my daughter's mate." She remarked. She looked at Akai while she said it, but I knew she was referring to the promise I made so long ago. "Two reasons; I was dead and she promised me she would never be with her mate when she found him... but I guess those things were both lies." I looked at Akai and saw the confusion rise onto his face. His eyebrows rose so high on his face that they almost touched his hairline. I never told him that part of the story.

"I see you never knew about that. She's real open with you, I guess. Whatever, I'm not here for relationship counseling, so let's get straight to the point. We're going to go to your pack, then take over, then we're going to your fathers pack, get him to hand over his pack using you, then we're going to kill the both of you. We'll be keeping Orianna, though. She will rule alongside Tyler or Wren. That's going to be the end of the story. Oh, and we're going to have Wren undo your mark, since he didn't do it earlier." My heart sunk lower and deeper with each word she said.

Akai stayed silent next to me, I would kill to know what he was thinking in this moment. Was he mad at me? Did he feel stupid for ever loving me? Did he regret ever meeting me? I felt like this was all my fault and his life would've been so much better with someone else. Guilt was weighing on me so heavy right now.

"I'm sorry." I whispered. Akai just turned to me with a straight face, there was nothing there to give off what he was feeling.

"What makes you think it'll be that easy for you to do all of that?" Akai asked. His voice was professional, the normal voice Alphas used during meetings and business.

My mother laughed, then she replied happily. "I have the help of you and your sister. And even if I didn't, don't you think I will have a solid plan before I did something this big? That's why I had to die, so I could plan this all out for years." Akai slowly started turning red. The mention of his sister set him off.

"What does my sister have to do with this!?" Akai asked angrily as he now stood up and stoked over to my mother. "Tell me now or I'll snap your neck right here!" I sat silently as I watched Akai screamed into my mother's face. She just sat there laughing as he yelled and threatened her.

"Calm down, she was a willing participant. I saw her and she looked like the perfect undercover wolf for me. I had no clue I was going to use you until she suggested it. I was going to turn my back on her in the last second, to get the both of your packs, but you just so happened to be my daughter's mate. It's crazy how fate works." She grinned up at Akai as his fury only raised.