Chapter:6

I sat up in bed after having that crazy long dream yesterday. I felt like as the days passed my dreams became longer and longer. At first I didn't mind because me and Akai were starting to get closer and I actually didn't mind him, but then he thought he could touch me. I tried my hardest to tell my brain that I didn't like it, but the wolf side of me was overpowering my senses with lust.

I had other things to think about at this moment. Wren was having his Alpha Ball, so he could meet all the Alphas before he becomes an Alpha himself. So in a few days all the big Alphas were coming to our house to have a big feast, talk, and have fun. I was hoping that Akai wasn't an Alpha and if he was, hopefully he didn't have more than 1000 wolves in his pack because then he'll be invited.

Right now Wren, Kylie, my dad, the Alpha, a couple other high ranking pack members, and Myself was sitting in a boring meeting. I don't know why I was told to be here when I was only the Betas daughter and my pack refuses to have a female Beta, so I was of no use. Once my sister came back with her mate, then they would become Beta of this pack and I am stuck in the shadows of my family... like always. For most of the meeting I had zoned out- I didn't even know what time the party was.

"What do you think, Orianna?" My dad turned to me with a knowing look. He knew I hadn't been paying attention this whole time... that little bastard.

"Yeah, it sounds cool." I shrugged my shoulders and gave a small smile. My dad rolled his eyes and turned back to the Alpha.

"We were talking about what time we should have the party. Please, pay attention." My dad's back was facing me as he talked down at me. I was becoming irritated because I didn't even have a purpose to be here.

Wren looked over at me and gave me a slight smile to try to ease my aggravation, but it didn't work. I stood up out of my seat and crossed my arms over my chest. "May I be excused?" The alpha paused for a moment, then he slowly nodded his head.

As I walked out of the meeting room, Wren gave me a questioning look, but I just ignored him and continued to exist the room. Right now I just needed time to myself. I quickly walked upstairs to my room. I closed the door behind me and walked over to my bed.

I could really use a nap right now, but the thought of seeing Akai again made me nervous. So I tried my best to keep my eyes open.

I decided drawing would keep me awake- it was one of my many skills, well other than being weak. I knelt down and looked under my bed for my old art supplies. I quickly found them and laid them out onto my bed. Me and my mother use to paint all the time, but I haven't did it since she died years ago.

I felt tears build up in my eyes as I dusted off one of my old sketchbooks. It was my mom's old sketchbook and she passed it down to me when I was five. I couldn't even bring myself to paint because all the memories bombarded me and I could barely focus. I stared at the book one more time before picking it up and placing it back under my bed. So much for trying to paint.

I sighed as I sat back on my bed and laid my head against the headboard. I could feel my eyes growing heavy and by now I was too tired to care if I had dreamt or not. So with that thought, my eyes closed, my body relaxed and I fell into darkness as sleep over came my body.

**************

I woke up suddenly, feeling quite refreshed. That's the best sleep I had gotten in the last three months. I rubbed my still sensitive eyes and slowly sat up- I looked outside only to see darkness. I had slept the whole day basically.

Nowadays sleep was a very vital thing for me, I didn't get much of it since Akai was always there, but when I did get it I made sure to savor it.

I slowly got out of my bed and walked out of my room to see if everybody was still in that boring meeting.