Chapter:26

We had spent that whole day inside of Akai's room. Throughout the day different people would come knocking on the door checking up on us, but we would just send them off. We both knew we wouldn't be able to avoid everybody for another day, so we enjoyed the alone time while it lasted.

It was now the next day and we were getting ready to finally leave the room and face the outside world...well if we ever make it out of the bed.

"I need to get up and take a shower. I've been in the same clothes for almost three days now... do you want a stinky mate?" I said playfully, but seriously as I ran my fingers through Akai's silky strands.

"If you're in my arms, then I'm fine with your odor. I'll always be able to smell your natural scent over the stink." His eyes were closed and his face stayed in a relaxed state.

"Ok, I'm getting up! You'll have forever to spend with me." I placed a fast peck on Akai's forehead before I rolled out of his bed and bolted towards his bathroom.

I heard him groan loudly as I closed the bathroom door and turned on the shower. I smiled to myself as I listened to his soft breathing through the door.

"Why did you have to leave me though? I could've got in the shower with you, Lupita!" My breath caught in my throat as Akai screamed that and my face immediately turned red. I shook my head, then I stripped out of my clothes and stepped into the warm shower.

*************

We had both finished our showers and were standing by the door too scared to leave.

"Akai, this is your pack, so why are you so scared to go out there?" I said as I watched him with his hand on the doorknob for the last ten minutes.

"It's because of you. You know some of your emotions reflect onto me- you're very nervous right now and that's making me nervous. Don't judge me... it's your fault." Akai said back sassily. I just rolled my eyes in response.

"Let's just get it done."

I placed my hand over his, then I quickly twisted the doorknob. The door sprung open and I closed my eyes on instinct because I thought a whole flash mob would be waiting outside this door, but it was empty. I opened my eyes once I didn't ear anything and I peeked outside the door expecting someone to pop out.

"L-let's go down stairs." Akai grabbed my hand and guided me out of his room and down into the dining room. I kept a watchful eyes as we walked through the silent house.

We made it downstairs and still no one was in sight. I let out a sigh of relief as Akai walked all around the downstairs of his pack house trying to find his people.

"What is this... a game of hide and seek?" I could tell he was getting frustrated now. He didn't want to have the spotlight, but he also wanted to be acknowledged.

"Maybe... outside?" I walked towards the back door and swung it open. I could immediately hear music coming from somewhere in the forest. "Yep, they're outback." Akai walked over to my side and we walked to where we heard the music together.

"Are they really partying without us?" I asked as we got deeper into the woods and the music grew louder.

"My pack has a mind of their own, so I wouldn't be surprised."

As we got closer to what we thought would be a big, fun, and happy party, the smell of blood became stronger. Last time I checked, bleeding wasn't a usual part in parties, so I was getting a little freaked out. I could also feel Akai tense up as we got closer and closer to the smell of blood and loud music.

"Stay behind me, Lupita." I gladly moved behind Akai as we started walking up to the area where the smell was coming from.

I stood there in shock- there was blood everywhere and three bodies lying on the dirt. There was a pool of blood beneath their bodies, and splotches of blood on the trees and grass. I covered my mouth as I looked around the whole gruesome scene.

"Oh my g-god." I walked from behind Akai to get a better look at the mutilated bodies. "H-how?" I walked over to one of the bodies and squatted down in front of it.

His throat was sliced open, chest ripped opened, and there were cuts and bruises everywhere on their bodies.

Tears sprung to my eyes as I looked all around me. Who would do such an inhumane thing? Who could be this insane to slaughter innocent people like this? I felt so bad for them because maybe if we hadn't hid out in Akai's room we could've came to save them and they would still be alive and their attackers could be dead.

The weight of the guilt and sadness became to heavy, breathing was becoming a struggle. I just wanted to find a way to revive them, so everything could go back to being happy and carefree (for a little while at least).

I ran back over to Akai and wrapped myself in his thick arms, shielding my eyes from the nasty view. Akai rubbed my back and whispered comforting words into my ear. He wiped away the salty tears sliding down my face, making sure to place a kiss every time he did.

"Let's go back home. When I find Shea we'll come back to investigate."

"C-can I get on your back?" I asked sheepishly. Akai squatted in front of me and I quickly jumped onto his back. I stuffed my face into his shoulders as he quickly walked us back to his pack house where we would hopefully be safe.

I wished this was a nightmare. I wish I could fix it. I wish...I never seen it.

///////////////////

And I'm back (after my little lazy break).

Akai and Oreo are still together, which is good, but then 3 people died in this chapter, so this chapter is a mix of emotions. I don't really know how I feel about this, but it's part of the plot.

Do you have any ideas of who did it?
(Think deeply).

Anywho, bye💓