Chapter:7

Today was the day of Wren's Alpha Ball. He was one step closer to becoming Alpha and I was happy for him and Kylie.

Last night I didn't have a dream, so that's good considering the fact that I'm going to be around hundreds of people tonight and I didn't want to look like a zombie.

I had spent the whole day in my room just... thinking. I was thinking about my life, Wren, food, what's going to happen in 9 months without my mate, and my mate... sadly. He just always finds a way to creep into my mind in the most unexpected times and places.

As days passed I found myself wanting to see how he really looks in real life; what color hair he had, how tall he was, what his smile looked like, and everything else. I didn't want to be with him, but I was curious to see who the moon goddess paired me up with. I know it sounds kinda selfish, but I'm a nosy person, so I need to know everything about everything.

And the more I thought about him, the more I wondered if he was going to be coming tonight. It was a scary thought and every time I thought about it my stomach flipped and my mind went blank. Everybody would force me to go with him and they would ask why I didn't find him sooner. I just didn't have time for what other people thought about me and my mindset.

And like always I found myself thinking about him even when I didn't want to. I had wasted a whole hour just thinking of this mysterious man in my dreams, that's suppose to be my perfect match.

I sighed as I got out of my daydream and finally got out of bed to shower and get dressed. I glanced at the small clock in my room. It read 4:37. Great, I only had less than an hour to get ready.

I quickly got into the shower, taking a nice hot shower to clean me of any thoughts of him and any unpleasant fragrance lingering on my body.

Then once I got out I blowed dried my hair, then I curled it. I added a bit of mascara and lipstick, then I finally got dressed. I wore a simple short burgundy, off-the-shoulder dress. I never got too fancy for the Alpha Ball considering that it wasn't my night to shine.

A hour had already past and I was probably late. I sighed as I ran into my closet, grabbed the first black heels I saw and threw them on as I ran downstairs.

Of course, I was late and everybody looked at me as I stopped running and walked down the rest of the stairs. I gave everybody an awkward wave and smile, then I quickly walked over to Wren and Kylie.

Wren was already looking at me and he was dying of laughter. I rolled my eyes as I walked over to him, then I punched his arm. "There's nothing funny!" He laughed again. "There is though, how are you late to your best friend's party?"

I huffed and crossed my arms over my chest. Wren and Kylie both laughed and I rolled my eyes. "I seriously hate you guys!"

"You know you can't hate us." I rolled my eyes as Wren brought me into a quick hug.

"Ok, I'm not mad anymore." Wren clapped his hands and I laughed. "I'm going to go look around, I'll catch up with you guys later." Wren nodded his head as I turned and walked towards the kitchen- the best place in the house.

We had Mrs. Smith catering, she catered every pack party we had. And once you taste her food, there was no going back. Her food made you want to be fat. I spent 80% of the party here. It just seems like every year the food gets better and better, so I have to make sure to try everything at least five times to make sure it's good.

I walked into the kitchen and my nose filled with all types of delicious aromas. "Hey, Mrs. Smith!" She turned around and gave me a big smile.

"Orianna! It's been so long." She said happily. I walked over to her and gave her a big hug. She was like my second mother.

She was a little small lady; she had black hair, soft dark brown skin, warm hazel eyes, and the brightest, biggest smile. She was just the nicest women and her food was to die for. "I've missed you! You need to come see us more often." She nodded her head as she walked over to one of the food platters and handed me a little cake of some sort.

"You know me too well!" We both laughed as I scoffed down the pie and picked up some other type of food sample.

"No more, child! There's hundreds of people outside that need to eat!" She smacked my hand as I tried to grab something else. I rolled my eyes as she handed the platter to an omega in our pack to take outside to the party.

"Fine, I'll just steal them outside!" I turned to run, but she caught me and stopped me from leaving.

"Or you can help me cook, so you can make these things when you have a family." I slightly blushed at that statement. She handed me a spoon and a bowl of stuff and I started to mix. This is how I spent most of my time at these parties.

We stood there and talked and laughed for a good hour. When in her presences you just couldn't be angry. "Oh my god, I can't believe you would do that! You really peed on his bed!?" We both laughed as Mrs. Smith told me stories about her childhood.

"Well, I did it and I don't regret it either!" We both laughed again. Then all of a sudden we heard a commotion outside the kitchen.

"What's happening?" Mrs. Smith shrugged her shoulders as we both walked over to the door to see what was happening. As soon as I cracked open the kitchen door, my nose was filled with another amazing aroma, but this wasn't food... it was a person. I stopped right in my tracks as our eyes locked.

Those bright green eyes I dreamt about so many times were a few feet away from me now. Mrs. Smith placed a light hand on my shoulder as she noticed me freeze up.

It was him- it was actually him! The one man I wanted to runaway from for my whole life if I could... my mate.

I had nowhere to go though, I had to stand here and face my fears head on. It was the time that I made this life changing decision- did I want to be with him or reject him and die?