Chapter:17

"We'll fix it though," Shea gave me a reassuring smile, then he slowly leaned in. His dark brown eyes gazing into mine and instantly calming my nerves.

And before I could stop him... it happened.

His arms wrapped around my body, enveloping me in his warm embrace. It felt weird to be hugging him, but it also felt nice and warm. I definitely needed a good hug at the moment.

Shea was beyond a sweetheart, but he wasn't my mate.

"It'll all work out." Shea said pulling back from me. "Let's go back inside now." Shea stood up, then he offered his hands to me. I took them and he effortlessly pulled me up.

Without saying another word, we both walked back into the pack house. Shea silently walked me to my room.

When he opened the door, Akai was there sitting on my bed. His head popped up as the sound of the door opening rang inside his ears.

Shea gave me a light pat on my shoulders as I slowly walked into my room. I really wanted to pull Shea in with me, but he closed the door before I could beg to leave or have him join us.

We stood in silence for the longest time; not saying a word. The only sound in the room was the sound of us breathing. Anxiety wrapped around my body like a second skin. All these different scenarios played inside my head and possible things he could say and do and none of them were good.

"So?" He finally spoke. His voice was shakey and raspy, putting his discomfort on full display.

"So..." I rubbed the back of my arm as I finally looked up at Akai. My breath caught in my throat at the sight of his vivid green eyes. They were definitely a sight to see and I would take full advantage of them for as long as I'm here.

We were both acting like two middle schoolers who just started dating; awkward and nervous. I didn't want to make the first move because I didn't know what he was thinking or how he felt about me and the last thing I wanted to do right now was make a fool out of myself.

I knew that this talk was long overdue, though. We needed to work out our differences and see where we could and would go from here. I didn't know if I seen a life with him yet, but I would give it a try if he did too.

"I'm sorry," Akai spoke after a long while. His green eyes sparkled as he stared at me. Well, more like stared inside me. I swear it felt like his eyes were burning holes into my body.

"I shouldn't have said that. And I shouldn't be acting like a child when I have everything I need right here. I was being selfish and ungrateful, but I'll try my best to fix my mistakes from now and until forever." His words flowed out of his mouth and into my ears making a wave of pridefulness take over my body. I didn't deserve this man... not one ounce of him.

He stood up from my bed and slowly walked over to me. Anxiety rocked through my veins and ran through my whole body as I watched his every step.

I had no words, no breathing, no nothing. I had never thought I would experience anything like this in my life, and I didn't think I deserved to neither. Something in my heart unplugged when I saw my mother go through all the things she did. I thought that if I never loved anyone, then I wouldn't be taking the chances of that ever happening to me.

Now, after years of the promise, I find myself questioning my loyalty to that oath. Just one look at Akai's dazzling green eyes and I forget the whole world and all the bad in it and I just focused on him.

My body was fighting hard against me, against him, against love and happiness, against the promise. I just felt like everything was planted onto my small shoulders.

I wish I wasn't like this, but no one is perfect, and I'm far from anything being good let alone perfect, and I've accepted that... now I just have to learn to live with it.

Akai now stops in front of me. His warm scent was going into my nose and filling me with his warm aroma. "I'm not perfect and I won't try to be, but one thing I can be... is your mate. Give me another chance, please, Lupita." That was the name that he use to call me in my dreams. It always brought this feeling inside me, but I could never pinpoint what it was though.

Without thinking, I nodded my head slowly. His eyes drifted up to my eyes and we locked in a quiet trance. He was my mate, but was I finally ready to get over my past and give my all to him? I didn't know at the moment, but I would give it a thought. I felt more... willing to love the man with glowing green eyes and a caring heart.

"You're so beautiful, Lupita." He pushed back one piece of my unruly hair behind my ear. Then he firmly wrapped his arms around my waist.

The feeling of security immediately took over my mind as his hands came in contact with my body. Almost instinctively, I dropped my head, so that it was resting on his firm chest since I couldn't reach his shoulders. And I thought Shea's hug was comforting and relaxing- Akai's were ten times better.

"I really want to kiss you right now." Akai spoke lowly after a minute of silence. I raised my head off his chest and stared at him confused. He wanted our lips to touch each other's? This was a first.

"Can I? I-I just want to... I don't know, but just this one time?" Akai muttered out. I found his nervousness endearing.

The nerves kicked in, but I didn't move. I'd never been asked anything like this and by my mate. This was absolutely crazy for me.

"I-um-y-n-n- su.." now it was my turn to freak out and become a nervous wreck.

//////////////////////

Oooooo😱
Yet another cliffhanger. I'm having so much fun with them tbh!

Did you guys really think Shea and Oreo were going to kiss!? Hahahaha, wow that was funny! And now do you think Oreo and Akai will kiss or not? *It depends on if I'm feeling the love when I'm writing the next chapter*

Also, I kinda like this chapter. I tried to be more... descriptive? Idk. I just tried to write better, so I hope it's good and I hope you can see my writing improving. And I also tried to dig more into Oreo's true feelings (kinda), so I hope you have a little bit of a better understanding of why she does certain things.

Bye💓