Chapter:18

"I-um-y-n-n- su.." now it was my turn to freak out and become a nervous wreck.

I could feel my face gradually start to heat up under Akai's gaze. I continued to make random noises and speak words that don't even exist. I was just making myself look more and more crazy with all my awkwardness.

Why did I have to be like this?

And just like a lot of the things that have been happening at this house, he placed his lips onto mine unexpectedly... finally shutting me up. A warm tingling feeling caressed my body as Akai's lips moved against mine. I never knew such a small gesture could make me feel so... happy and so weak at the same time.

Akai's grip tightened around my waist as he deepened the kiss, which I appreciated because my knees were becoming feeble. I'm sure sparks were flying between our two bodies as we had our first real kiss or try at affection in general.

I actually enjoyed it and thats what scared me the most. I wasn't suppose to be enjoying his touch or have him this close to me, but here I was connected in a tight lip-lock with my mate, Akai.

After another minute, Akai pulled away from my lips, then he rested his forehead on mine. His eyes had become a dark, murky green color, but I still found them beautiful.

Our breath came out roughly as we stared into each other's eyes. No words needed to be spoken because our eyes expressed enough. Words didn't seem like they could even explain the feelings that flowed through my body at the moment. It was just one of those times when words weren't good enough, but we still got what each other was trying to say.

Wow, this man was quickly growing on me and I swear I wanted to run away as fast as I could, but my rebellious feet stayed planted on the floor.

"Give us a try, Lupita." He ran his thumb over my cheek lovingly, then he kissed the top of my forehead and he let go of my waist and he left.

I was left standing wondering how one person could make you forget about everything you planned out for yourself and your life. One person could just come into your life and ruin everything. It was crazy to know a person could have that much control over you, but it also brought this feeling of finally being home. I didn't want to admit it, but I trusted Akai, I knew he wouldn't do anything purposely to hurt me. That just wasn't him. He might have his times of anger, but he would never do something that he knows will scar me for life.

Well, I hoped so at least.

I floated over to my bed and I tried as best as I could to relax into the comfy mattress, but my mind was racing and my body was extremely hyper. I turned on my back and looked up at the ceiling and I tried my best to focus on the white ceiling and nothing else, but that plan quickly failed because Akai slowly but surely crept back into my head.

It was going to be a long night.

**********

"You look like a hot mess. Did you get in a fight with a cat yesterday?" Shea said as we both walked down to the dining room.

"Shut up!" I said hitting him on his arm.

"Ouch!" I rolled my eyes at him and he laughed in response.

I barely got any sleep last night. My brain just didn't want to shutdown, so I was up all night. Not one ounce of sleep took over my body last night- all because of the darn Akai and his powerful kissing skills.

After another minute, Shea and I entered the dining room. Today I didn't even bother trying to fix myself up because there was no point. Like yesterday, everybody stared at me, but today it didn't last as long. I could see on some faces a smug wink or smirk... it almost seemed like they were happy to see me.