Chapter:15

As the door opened, my nose was filled with the enticing smell that belonged to Akai. I had been scared to come here, but once I smelt him this feeling of... comfort clouded my senses. I didn't think too much about it before I was stepping into the house.

I stepped into the cute little house. It wasn't as big as mine, but it was perfect for Akai's pack right now. It did lack decorations, so while I was here it's definitely on my agenda to add some of my womanly touch to this boring house.

"I know it's not much, but I hope it's not too bad." Shea said coming to stand next to me.

I turned to him with a smile painted on my face. "It's adorable it just needs a little...TLC, but I think it's perfect for your pack." Shea nodded his head.

"Speaking of your pack... where is everyone?" I said as I walked deeper into the house, searching for any signs of life in this house. "Did you take me to this house to kill me?" I turned to look at Shea as he chuckled.

"If we wanted to kill you, we would've done it a long time ago and besides- Akai would never let you even get a scratch." Shea walked over to my side as he continued to speak. "The pack is out right now- every week we have a day where the pack goes out to the human world to live a normal life for one day and it just so happens that day was today... they'll be back for dinner though." My smile dropped at this information. I didn't know if I was ready to face his whole pack, which I just found out that they all hate me. There was no way me staying here will be peaceful.

Shea noted my unexpected silence, so he changed the subject. "Uh- how about I take you to your room?" I nodded my head as he placed his hand on my lower back and led me upstairs to my new room.

**************

Shea opened the door and I walked in after him. I looked around at the whole room... it was really pretty.

The walls were light purple and white and all the furniture was clean and white. It was a simple, but beautiful room. It had a calm aura about it, which I could definitely use from time to time.

"What do you think?" Shea looked at me with a nervous look on his face.

"It's perfect." I spoke with a big smile on my face and Shea smiled back.

"I'm glad you like it- we've been saving it for a special occasion like this." That made me smile even harder knowing that Akai had been waiting for a certain someone to use this room. He was so thoughtful, which made me feel even more bad about my cold attitude towards him.

"Ok, I'll leave you to get situated. I'll come to get you for dinner... now let me go find Akai." I let out a small giggle as Shea sighed and left my room.

I walked over to my bed and dropped off my bags, then I sat down on the bed. Right in front of me was a huge window, bringing in an unlimited amount of natural light. Now I would see out the window every time I went to sleep and woke up, which would calm my soul.

I yawned as I laid on the bed and stared out the big window as birds flew past. I had a long day and I was beyond ready for a nap.

I might actually like it here, I thought as I laid down. I closed my heavy eyes, letting all the stress from earlier today ease out my mind.

******************
Shea's POV:

I opened the door to Akai's office, hoping that he was in here because I've been searching around the whole house.

I let out a sigh of relief as I walked into his office and saw him working at his desk. "There you are," I said as I walked over to Akai's desk. He looked up from the work on his desk with a scowl on his face.

"So instead of being with your mate and showing her around the house, you're just going to hide in your office and be angry?" I normally wouldn't have said anything to Akai, but he was acting stupid right now and I didn't want him ruining his chance with his mate.

"I can do whatever I want, so don't tell me what I should and shouldn't do!" He dropped his pen as he looked up at me with his eyebrow lifted.

"Do whatever you want, but when she rejects you be ready for me to say I told you so! She thinks you hate her, for crying out loud... show her you care." I threw my hands up in frustration.

Akai got out of his chair and slowly walked over to me. "Shut up, right now! I don't need you to tell me if what I'm doing is right or wrong... I got this." I knew he was angry and I was egging him on, but he needed to know the truth.

I know anger was clouding his true emotions. Everything that has been going on for the past few weeks have finally bubbled over and were spewing out. This wasn't him and I needed to show him that before he messed up his life.

"It's not like you would get what I'm going through anyway!" That statement stung because he knew I had. He knew all that I've been through in my life and he still chose to use those choice of words.

"Wow, you think your situation is bad?" I looked at him with anger covering my whole face. "My mate died and I never got to show her how I felt, the future we could've had, or all the love I would have gave her! You still have your mate and you're sitting around mopping because she didn't instantly jump into your arms!? People go through things and instead of helping them out, we judge them and jump to conclusions... just like you are right now! You're really acting like an asshole and I know for a fact Orianna deserves better than how you're acting right now!" I let out a frustrated sigh, then I walked out his office before he could say anything else.

My mate was a soft spot for me, so when I brought it up everyone knew I was being serious. I just wanted him to see all the moments he was missing out on because he wanted Orianna to love him instantly. He was obviously being stupid and me being his best friend, I wanted him to make things right with his mate.

If he keeps being so closed off and angry... he was going to lose her, then he'd be able to feel all the remorse and guilt I felt when my mate died and I didn't show her not even 10% of the love I wanted to give her.

//////////////////////////

Ok, I'm proud that I actually finished this so fast- I really want to rewrite it though because it's not good.

Also, this book now has over 1k reads... WHAT!? This is crazy and I hope it's not a joke since it is April's fools day. If this is real, then thank you to everyone that has read this book and helped me reach this milestone💓

My whole week has been made because of you guys!!!!!xxxxx