Chapter:33

My mother walked upstairs without an ounce of care of what I was about to feel. I didn't even know the feelings I was about to experience myself, but I knew it would be bad. And bad was an understatement.

"Wren," I looked at Wren, pleading and begging him with my eyes. I wanted to pull the old Wren back to the surface, even if it was only for a minute. "You know you can't do this. You could kill me." I searched his eyes for any type of change... but it never came. He just stalked over to me and pushed me down on the couch. "No! Wren, come back to me. This is not you... you're better than this... than her. Wake up." I grabbed his face and stared directly into his eyes.

There were small shifts of emotions in his eyes, but not enough to stop him. He was lost in the thought of loving someone he couldn't have and he just so happened to find himself in a maze, called my mother. He really had to help himself now. He had to wake up and smell the stench of the flowers my mother gave him.

"You'll be fine, I'll make sure of it. You'll feel better by tomorrow, Oreo." He gave me a sad smile, then he put a chaste kiss on my forehead.

"You're stupid and weak. Your mother would be disappointed if she saw you right now." The words kinda just spewed from my mouth. His mother was a soft topic and I just threw it out like trash.

His face morphed from something a little more soft, to immediately hard and stern. I'm guessing he didn't like my little sly comment.

He roughly grabbed my jaw and made me look into his blazing eyes. "Orianna, you better stop trying to act all hard because it won't change anything for you! You will sit here, like a good girl and take this pain. Pull something like that again and... I'll-I'll hit you." Those words even shocked him when they came out of his mouth. The grip on my jaw tightened ever so lightly, I guess to prove his words. I wasn't scared though.

"You'll hit me?" I couldn't hide the sarcasm coating my every word. He didn't have the guts for that.

His eyes squinted in anger, but I just couldn't drop the look of mockery from my face. We both knew he wouldn't do it... he couldn't.

"Well, since my mom has been such a good influence on you, hit me and show me the monster my mother created. You really stooped so low that you're willing to beat on people now... how precious of you?" The sassiness just kept flowing and Wren's face just kept growing redder. I didn't care though... what did I have to lose? If he hits me, karma will come back and bit him on the behind. "Hit me, Tyler. Show me the amazing man you have grown to be." I was stupidly leading him on, but it was kinda fun seeing him so flustered and frustrated.

"Stop it, before I really do hurt you." His voice was tight and came out through clenched teeth. I wanted to laugh, but decided not to anger him that much.

"Show me the new you, I won't judge... I'll just hate you a little. I'm tired of this act you keep putting up; is my mom contr-" the sentence never did finish.

A loud smack noise echoed throughout the room. It took me a while to realize that I had been the one to get slapped, but I felt the sting rising. He didn't hit lightly either, it was one of those slaps where your whole face turns into the opposite direction. I didn't think he had it in him.

Once time had went back to normal speed, I grasped my hot cheek. It's like I could feel his handprint on the side of my face. He really hit me and he hit me hard.

"If you try to be s-sassy again, I won't hesitate to do that again." This time I couldn't hold back my laugh. I turned my head back in his direction and laughed... this had to be a joke. This could not and should not be us right now. "Orianna," the laugh slowly stopped and just left me with annoyance.

"You're just as bad as my mother and I hope you get what's coming to you. Wren, you're dead to me and your mother and I are disappointed in you." I pushed him away with my feet, then I leaned back in the chair and reflected on my great life. Wren grunted, then he stood up and went upstairs. At least I dodged the marking bullet.

I had a bruised cheek and a shattered heart, but I had determination. I was determined to get rid of my mother, I had to cut the tumor out or she would just grow and effect more people. I also had to figure something to do with Wren because he wasn't getting off the hook. Ever.

I closed my eyes and tried to remember the good days I used to have. The days where Wren and I would be late to training and the day where we'd get in my bed and gossip. I just wished everything was the same as it was before and I wished I wouldn't have to be sitting her, moping around with a red cheek. I blame it all on my manipulative mother. She was truly the devil with a pretty face.

Before I could get too deep, I heard a hard knock on the door. My eyes sprung open and I quickly got up and ran to the door. Maybe, it was my sign to escape.

When I opened the door, my heart sunk even lower, pass my intestines. I wanted him to leave, no, I needed him to leave. I didn't need him to be dragged into this when he didn't need to.

"You have to leave. Run back home right now!" I tried to push him away, but he stayed firmly planted on the porch. He was surely surprised by my order, since just a few days ago, I didn't even want to come back myself. "Akai, please. You should not be here. Why are you here in the first place?" He sighed and tried to pull me into his body, but I pushed him away.

He groaned, then replied. " I was worried about you. I didn't get a call when you first came and I thought you were still mad or something, so I thought I'd check up on you and try to make you happy again. Nothings been going on at the pack, so I left Shea in charge so I could come see you." If he wasn't the sweetest thing to ever exist, but he chose the wrong time to be sweet and caring.

"Akai, that's great and all, but you need to leave right now. Just turn around and run back to your pac-" his facial expression made me immediately stop talking. "What is it?" He was silently turning red.

"Did someone hit you?" My hand immediately went up and cupped my cheek.

"No, just a little redness. Nothing to worry about." I said coyly.

"Orianna, no. I can see slight hand imprints. They're light now, but I can still make it out. And it's bright red! Don't you freaking lie to me, who did this?" His normal bright green eyes, dimmed to a anger green. He was pissed.

"Akai, we can talk about it later. For right now, you need to freaking leave beca-"

"Because what?" My head whipped around to see my mother's evil smirk rise to her face. I knew Akai was confused because he had never seen my mother, but I on the other hand, was nervous and scared of what she could do with having the both of us now. "You must be Akai, it's nice to finally meet you." The fake greeting voice held so much darkness.

This was over- everything was finished. She had what she wanted in the palm of her hands and no one could stop her now.

/////////////////

Welp, they're in a bit of a pickle.

Let's just hope they can get out without having to face her mother's wrath.

Bye💓