Chapter:36

Akai's pov

"Lupita." Her closed eyes sprung open and I couldn't stop the smile that stretched onto my lips. She ran full speed towards me and hugged me with all the strength she had.

"I missed you." she said as she pulled herself closer to my body.

"I missed you, too, but can you stop strangling me please." I rasped out. She giggled as she loosened the tight hold on my neck.

"I forgot you're still weak." She teased.

"I'm not weak, just not in my best shape." I replied back defensively.

She hugged me again just letting the feeling of us sink in. I was now here and alive. I was able to hug and kiss her and tell her how much I loved her and be able to get a response back.

All the madness was over and it was finally time to focus on us and our next steps. Our relationship had been rocky, but the moon goddess always finds a way to bring destinies together, no matter how hard they fought. I'm glad our beginning was so unstable and unsure because it made us more grateful of what we had now. She was mine and I was hers and that's all I truly wanted in life.

"I love you, Lupita." I placed a gentle kiss to the top of her head and a deep sigh escaped her lips.

"I love you, too." I felt her smiled against my chest as the words slipped out of her mouth smoothly. "Hey," She pulled away from me enough so she could look into my eyes. "What's the male equivalent of Lupita? I want a cute endearment for you." I looked down at her and I couldn't stop my smile from widening.

"I don't know. Most people don't ask that question." I replied back. She just stood silently for a while probably thinking of a name.

"Lupito? Lupine?" I just chuckled and pulled her body closer.

"Whatever you want to call me is fine."

"Oh, you need to be lying down. You know your body needs the rest." She fully pulled herself away from me and pointed for me to go to the bed.

"I've been in that bed for almost three full days, I think I needed a break." I countered.

"Break is over! Now go lie down or I'll drag you myself." She crossed her arms over her chest and stood her ground. I wasn't use to this type of attitude from her, but I kinda liked it.

"I'd like to see you try." I teased. Her eyes squinted, but she didn't back down.

"As much as I'd like to break every bone and pull every muscle in my body trying to carry you to that bed, I think I'd rather not. Can you just get in without me having to demand it?" I rolled my eyes playfully, then I walked closer to her.

"Ok, I'll get in bed... only if you come, too." I picked her up and draped her over my shoulders. She let out a loud squeal as I lifted her in the air.

"Ugh. You just have to be so difficult." She said sounding mock-mad as I carried her over to the bed.

"But you love me and you will continue to love me." I gently placed her on the bed, then I climbed in next to her.

"I will, but not if you pull another stunt like that! My life is not worth losing yours and the pack losing their Alpha." I tried to intervene, but she continued before I could. "I know I should've never gotten on that field, but I wanted to feel free- free to do whatever I wanted. My whole life has been manipulated by my family, so I never got to live like how I really wanted to live. I just chose the wrong time to do it and that almost costed you and Wren's life." Her head dropped low, her eyes downcast. She was hurting for something she didn't do.